Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cirencester  (Read 5455 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 20:32:55 »

Half time. Not brilliant but it is pissing down. Yan looks handy, definately worth a punt. There's also a small forward with him that has a good touch but is a stockier version of macca (who is sat next to me) the keeper looks nervous but during warn up was pulling some pretty impressive saves and macklin is playing well

You sure the little striker isnt Dean McDonald? who is barely 5 foot 6 himself.

[url width=320 height=320]http://www.thediamondsfc.com/javaImages/ea/f4/0,,10784~3732714,00.jpg[/url]

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 20:47:37 »

Oh dear! Finished 4-3 to cirencester - keeper needs a confidence boost, not a good performance from him but the plus points were McDonald (I think) and yan the man, both had good touches and scored goals.

I was talking to bradleys dad - he was the no. 18 who came on in the second half.

Funniest moment was Marshy the mascot coming on for Lloyd macklin and being instructed by Byrne to stay as far away from the ball as possible. 30 seconds later he gets the passed to him and he gets a boot in the head and goes off injured!! When he comes back on byrne gives him the instruction to stand in front of our left back so he runs and keeps on running straight past him with byrne and all the crowd shouting stop running!

Funny as fuck and well worth the 8 quid!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 20:59:23 »

Marshy as in the old guy? Fuck, almost wish I'd gone now.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 21:31:19 »

Fred'll be gutted.
Spencer_White

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 22:17:55 »

That small forward is Bradley Clarke, Hungerford striker.

How did he play? He's lived his whole life in Swindon.

Saying in conversation the other day it would be great to pick up a late starter. Just doesnt seem to happen anymore.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 22:20:48 »

Fred'll be gutted.

SHIT SHIT AND FUCKING DOUBLE SHIT !
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 05:30:35 »

Oh dear! Finished 4-3 to cirencester - keeper needs a confidence boost, not a good performance from him but the plus points were McDonald (I think) and yan the man, both had good touches and scored goals.

I was talking to bradleys dad - he was the no. 18 who came on in the second half.

Funniest moment was Marshy the mascot coming on for Lloyd macklin and being instructed by Byrne to stay as far away from the ball as possible. 30 seconds later he gets the passed to him and he gets a boot in the head and goes off injured!! When he comes back on byrne gives him the instruction to stand in front of our left back so he runs and keeps on running straight past him with byrne and all the crowd shouting stop running!

Funny as fuck and well worth the 8 quid!

Official site says it was a 3-3 draw.

How did Cuthbert look at the back? What was the Cypriot fella like?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 06:54:49 »

How did he play? He's lived his whole life in Swindon.

Saying in conversation the other day it would be great to pick up a late starter. Just doesnt seem to happen anymore.

He didn't get much of the ball as we seemed to be playing through the centre and down the right however when he did he has a good touch and shows some potential.

I was talking to his dad for most of the second half and apparently he was set to start but with  McDonald there they wanted to put him to the test so Bradley started on the bench.

Hopefully they will get some good news...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 07:43:03 »

Official site says it was a 3-3 draw.

How did Cuthbert look at the back? What was the Cypriot fella like?

hmmm... we took a 1-0 lead (Yan the Man) into half time then went down to 2 cirencester goals  in the second half making it 2-1 then McDonald levelled it and our No 15 made it 3-2 and then the keeper fumbled it through his hands 3-3 then the penalty 4-3... of course the San Miguel could be playing games in my head.

Cuthbert, wasn't that impressive but the Cypriot fella looked OK.  Yan is definitely worth a contract, he's a big bloke but not short on pace and knows where the goal is
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 07:46:11 by triseros » Logged
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 07:45:15 »

So judging on last nights performance is it worth a punt on McDonald or Yan the Man then?
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 08:17:04 »

Yan the Man: Definately. Held the ball up well, had good vision and wasn't greedy. turned well to poach an unexpected opportunity and had a number of other chances that didn't quite fall for him - certainly would have been nice to see how he would have done against WBA or Cardiff

Dean McDonald: depends on what his wage demands are - good first touch and well taken, though slightly fortunate, goal. Linked up well with Yan and distributed well.

Bradley Clarke:  Wouldn't cost the earth but could prove to be a gem - worth getting him on the books as potential investment

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 08:23:28 »

Next time you cut the grass maybe mow your comments into the pitch, instead of circles or stripes whatever. As DW was otherwise engaged last night I'm sure he would find it very helpful.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 08:54:28 »

"DODGY KEEPER" shall adorn the 6 yard box if Jesionkowski ever gets the call up
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 08:57:51 »

Was I the only sad bastard from TTF there?!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 09:10:17 »

I don't know what the TTF is?

I was going to go, but it was raining and wasn't sure it would be another Chippenham-type game i.e. a boring game which was a waste of time, money and petrol.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: