Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TV shows that still had more left in the tank  (Read 5289 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #30 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 12:47:07 »

The Office was shit.

Certainly overrated.  It had it’s moments of genius but there was far to much flannel and hype surrounding it all and I think old beardy tub did the right thing at the right time when he pulled it.

Give me a re-run of On the Busses any day of the week.  Now there's real life.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 12:57:05 »

Dirty Sexy Money
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 12:59:40 »

coupling

Great comedy. Thought it lost a lot when Jeff (Richard Coyle) left. I suppose it was doomed as Davenport was off playing with pirates around then anyway. Rrrrr.

Still at least Moffitt has a show back on the screen soon(ish), he's writing Dr. Who.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 13:01:52 »

Oh and Charmed - Alysa Milano....now she was worth watching !
flammableBen

« Reply #34 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 13:09:50 »

Great comedy. Thought it lost a lot when Jeff (Richard Coyle) left. I suppose it was doomed as Davenport was off playing with pirates around then anyway. Rrrrr.

Still at least Moffitt has a show back on the screen soon(ish), he's writing Dr. Who.

And the episodes he's already written have been the best ones.

He's also writing a new sherlock holmes series for BBC One.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 13:16:06 »

Jonathan Creek is the best shout so far.

Bought them all on DVD recently, still quality to watch. Should deffo roll out a new series.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 13:23:53 »

Life on Mars

Although I think it had more left, they were right to can it when they did. Go out on a high, rather than drag it out and leave the last series feeling weak. Which, although I love it, is what the Wire did IMO
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 13:37:02 »

Jonathan Creek is the best shout so far.

Bought them all on DVD recently, still quality to watch. Should deffo roll out a new series.

They did a special at Xmas and there will be another one next Easter. Amazing that its been running over 12 years now and they've only managed to do 26 episodes so far. Not sure why they aren't making more, what else does Alan Davis do other than QI?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 13:50:46 »

Life on Mars

Although I think it had more left, they were right to can it when they did. Go out on a high, rather than drag it out and leave the last series feeling weak. Which, although I love it, is what the Wire did IMO

the last series of the Wire was a bit disappointing in some respects but I think the inevitability of the impending ending was difficult to ignore. I did love the last episode though.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 14:43:27 »

Dirty Sexy Money

Definitely agree - I was shocked to hear they wound it up after series 2 in the States (and I'm sure I heard a rumour that they didn't even showthe final episode!)
Barry Scott

« Reply #40 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 16:00:54 »

Brass Eye and Father Ted are good shouts.

I also reckon a series called Jack and Jill.

It was an American drama love story thing that only ran for 2 seasons i think. But i loved the female co-star (Amanda Peet) so much that i even watched re runs. Embarrassed

She is THE most beautiful woman on the planet. Here's some pictures i took. 

[url width=300 height=460]http://www.spaceboos.com/Images/Amanda_Peet/images/Amanda_Peet_029.jpg[/url]
[url width=300 height=225]http://www.spaceboos.com/Images/Amanda_Peet/images/Amanda_Peet_017.jpg[/url]
[url width=300 height=462]http://www.spaceboos.com/Images/Amanda_Peet/images/Amanda_Peet_069.jpg[/url]
[url width=300 height=460]http://www.spaceboos.com/Images/Amanda_Peet/images/Amanda_Peet_070.jpg[/url]

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 16:03:49 »

Bit wrinkly.
Doore

« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 16:05:31 »

I think Brass Eye is perfect at the seven episodes made.  Not sure how many more issues they could have covered, other than perhaps immigration.
flammableBen

« Reply #43 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 16:30:14 »

Chris Morris's Terrorist/Suicide bombing thing he's been planning finally got picked up by film4 after getting turned down by channel4 and the bbc recently. Something to look forward to.

I reckon he might get fatwaed
Doore

« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 16:31:59 »

Chris Morris's Terrorist/Suicide bombing thing he's been planning finally got picked up by film4 after getting turned down by channel4 and the bbc recently. Something to look forward to.

I reckon he might get fatwaed

Never heard of it - if it makes it to TV could you chuck a reminder on here?  Wouldn't want to miss that one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: