Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DOUGLAS HAS SIGNED!!!!  (Read 19890 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #90 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 14:02:29 »

Ribery is available if we stretch our budget just a little Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 15:04:33 »

meh

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 16:26:35 »

Not long home and had to get this confirmed...DRS confimed it for me so thanks,cant belive this one...hopefully will attract the attention of other quality players without a club.
Respect to the club on this one...ime impressed and very happy.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #93 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 17:39:40 »

Huzzah! Well done Danny Wilson.

Lordy, I hope he does the business Smiley
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 17:47:06 »

Huzzah! Well done Danny Wilson.

Lordy, I hope he does the business Smiley

yeah, I can't remember the last time we signed a 'big' player that is expected to do so much.... good times...

(well, apart from the time we signed laurie sanchez of course... Wink)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 18:00:33 »

yeah, I can't remember the last time we signed a 'big' player that is expected to do so much.... good times...

Would Adie Williams, Paul Ince or Gareth Whalley count? I suppose they were all coming to the end of their careers though, the last one under 30 must have been...Cureton?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #96 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 18:04:41 »

What are the Leeds forums saying? They rubbished the possibility of Douglas joining our beloved little club.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 18:08:16 »

Good signing I feel.

Leeds are our feeder club.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 18:19:42 »

What are the Leeds forums saying? They rubbished the possibility of Douglas joining our beloved little club.

They are all in disbelief that 'a small club like Swindon' can afford his wages and what a disgrace it is.

They also think Douglas lacks ambition by going to us.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #99 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 18:21:42 »

I thought as much. Cheers Ralphy.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 18:45:45 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8143624.stm

Like this interview.................an easy decision!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 19:30:27 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8143624.stm

Like this interview.................an easy decision!

He's gonna say that though isn't he. I can't see any player saying....

"Swindon is the biggest shit hole in the country and I can't understand how the fuck my career has disintegrated to such a degree that I've had to come here. I'm totally fucking devastated my life has reached such a low point and to be frank, I feel suicidal at the thought of being here for the next 12 months. The only upside is the shit load of cash they're giving me which means I can afford a big house in the country which I plan to lock myself up in so I don't have to deal with the inbred retards that live in the town."
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 19:41:54 »

Exactly, a general rule of thumb is to ignore everything players say when joining a club, it generally means jack shite. Im excited about this signing, but not to the extent some others appear to be. It is not this signing that will define our season. The squad building still has a long way to go. This is a very good step towards that, but we still aint there yet

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 19:47:25 »

He's gonna say that though isn't he. I can't see any player saying....

"Swindon is the biggest shit hole in the country and I can't understand how the fuck my career has disintegrated to such a degree that I've had to come here. I'm totally fucking devastated my life has reached such a low point and to be frank, I feel suicidal at the thought of being here for the next 12 months. The only upside is the shit load of cash they're giving me which means I can afford a big house in the country which I plan to lock myself up in so I don't have to deal with the inbred retards that live in the town."

Get a life Johny!...you had a bad week,this is the best signing weve made for a long time IMO..its a good interview ...people like yourself only seem happy when reading doom and gloom.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 19:57:39 »

Get a life Johny!...you had a bad week,this is the best signing weve made for a long time IMO..its a good interview ...people like yourself only seem happy when reading doom and gloom.

Not sure about a bad week, I have had a bad last 30 minutes on account of dropping my crackers on the floor - what am I going to eat my cheese with now?

I was only joking (and I thought the quote was pretty funny), to make the point that you can't believe everything a player says when he signs on and especially that he is never going to say anything bad and immediately alienate the fans.

You're right he's the best signing we've made in a long time (since Cox I'd say) and I'm over the moon about it. I reckon the squad is shaping up nicely and can't wait for the season to start as I reckon we'll be challenging for the title. But then I always think that so I wouldn't read too much in to it.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: