Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DOUGLAS HAS SIGNED!!!!  (Read 19883 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:53:13 »

Cheesy  Good work Gazza!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:53:45 »

Wow,what some news to come home to,with a signing of 2 strikers and another full back,dare we dream of the play offs.

maybe there will be more signings today russ Smiley
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #47 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:55:37 »

P.S, is STC Gazza retarded or something

No but his good mate STFC_Gazza is quite the window licker.
Rosie

« Reply #48 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:56:46 »

Now you're telling porkies. I'm supposed to believe you have friends?
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:58:34 »

That really would make my day.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #50 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 08:59:15 »

Hey all, Leeds fan here, and yes, from WACCOE.   Bye (That's not me saying bye, I just thought i'd wave "hello" Smiley ).

Anyway, I jsut wanted to come and say how this is a good signing for you guys. Obviously in the latter stages of our season Douglas was falling down the "midfield" pecking order, after having to play at right back for a significant spell. He wasn't really going to get a look in under Grayson again after Howson, Kilkenny and Delph started performing consistently, and that's a shame. In certain games we missed the strength that he offers, as well as his more defensive attributes.

I just thought i'd give a bit of information, from my perspective, on the lad. As you all know, he's a more defensive minded midfielder, 27 years of age, and experienced at a higher level of football. There is no doubting his talents are there, he's shown them at this level for us, and in certain cases in the league above, during our playoff-final season in 2006/07. However, his mental ability can lack sometimes, and sometimes bigger occasions can make him easily frustrated. This was recognised in the playoffs when he'd shown signs of giving up against Carlisle, and again at Wembley. He's also made mistakes and eventually got sent off in heated derbies.

However, said all that, he's performed in some of these higher profile games, captaining Leeds to a 4-0 victory over local rivals Huddersfield, and scoring in that game. Should his ability to keep calm in higher profile games be improved, you've got a player able to match any occasion in this league.

To be honest, it's a shame that Douglas' own wage valuation was not the same as ours, as i'd have liked to have seen him sign on, although probably in a more squad-role position.

Anyway, good signing you have here. Good luck for the rest of the season. Oh, and shame about signing Lucas!  Huh?

P.S, is STC Gazza retarded or something?
Fair play. Been here 2 minutes and has Gazza sussed already
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:04:19 »

this is some signing... certainly heading in the right direction, and adds a bit of gravitas when talking to would-be striker signings. All good!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:10:45 »

Sounds to me as if, at last, Leeds are learning to cut their cloth according to their means.  And given their recent history, you would have thought their fans would welcome the fact.

A decent signing by Danny.  I always enjoy my football more when there is a solid, creative midfield to watch...and we now have the makings of one.  I'm sure DW's now focussing on the striker situation, and would expect to hear something soon.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:15:37 »

Couple of interesting inputs from leeds fans on 606

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A54247935
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:25:44 »

Chuffed with this signing.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:27:31 »

With Doncaster interested i thought this would be dead in the water, but very good news and by all accounts the sort of midfield player we have been missing for some time.
Spencer_White

« Reply #56 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:31:01 »

Great signing. As soon as I saw the picture I realised he was the fella who really destroyed us at home last season. A real powerhouse who seemed to come out of numurous hard challenges with the ball. We were soft as shit last season and this gives us steel right in the middle of the team.

Nice one Danny.

Have to agree that we need strikers though. Peacock really is finnished up there. Either one good striker or two gambles in the hope that one pays off.

This is the signing that attracts other free transfers though. We can go to them and say weve signed a midfielder and a defender that are both too good for this league this summer.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:34:10 »

Just to wind the Leeds fans up, start spreading the rumour about Beckford looking at houses in Wiltshire!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:35:57 »

From that Leeds site:

Bitterness...

They have obviously told him he's gonna be captain! It's just such a bizarre carrer move, I saw Swindon twice last year and they were the biggest one man team I've ever clapped eyes on. Judging from the crowd you'd have thought they had 11 players called Coxy...''Come on Coxy'' ''Give it to Coxy'' ''Coxy's Free'' And now that one man has gone, I can't see anything other than a relegation dogfight.

...and then the reality check...

What is abundantly clear - if we didn't already know it - is that our club is shrinking in status before our very eyes. Soon we will have a very well-run mid-table third division side to enjoy at Premiership prices.

I think the first poster might be getting something of a shock next year when he comes to see our 'one man team'.  (Poor lamb.  Probably still thinks of Man U as his club's true rivals.)
Rosie

« Reply #59 on: Friday, July 10, 2009, 09:42:30 »

From that Leeds site:

Bitterness...

They have obviously told him he's gonna be captain! It's just such a bizarre carrer move, I saw Swindon twice last year and they were the biggest one man team I've ever clapped eyes on. Judging from the crowd you'd have thought they had 11 players called Coxy...''Come on Coxy'' ''Give it to Coxy'' ''Coxy's Free'' And now that one man has gone, I can't see anything other than a relegation dogfight.

...and then the reality check...

What is abundantly clear - if we didn't already know it - is that our club is shrinking in status before our very eyes. Soon we will have a very well-run mid-table third division side to enjoy at Premiership prices.

I think the first poster might be getting something of a shock next year when he comes to see our 'one man team'.  (Poor lamb.  Probably still thinks of Man U as his club's true rivals.)
You do realise none of us will bite at that, right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: