Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: rhys evans  (Read 7239 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 27, 2005, 13:01:46 »

well, at least this looks like a possible yes?

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=4410
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 27, 2005, 13:04:39 »

I think in terms of PR for the club it is vital that at least one player signs a new contract, to show to potential signings that not all of them want out.

It would look awful if they all left, players would look at us and think there must be something wrong - which of course there is, but we don't want them to know that.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 27, 2005, 15:21:00 »

Only because he is the one out of contract player who hasnt been linked with anyone....
BigStan

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 27, 2005, 15:59:14 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Only because he is the one out of contract player who hasnt been linked with anyone....

Evans' ego must have taken quite a bashing these last few weeks.

As anybody that has ever read his column will know he does like to make everybody aware that he went to the FA School at Lilleshall and that he's been just about everywhere playing for the U21s.

Unfortunately whilst he and his agent have an extremely high opinion of his abilities this opinion clearly isn't shared by anybody else in football.

Having gone in all guns blazing in the contract negotiations looking for a long term contract on much more money he's now having to face up to the fact that since nobody else wants him he's effectively going to have to live with what Swindon offer him.

It'll all be dressed up in the media as negotiating a mutually acceptable deal but everybody will know that he's staying because no other club was willing to give him an escape route.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 27, 2005, 16:03:19 »

Personally i'm glad he's staying.

I think if he has some real competition he could return to his form of the 03/04 season and do well
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 27, 2005, 22:43:27 »

me too. Rhys is a good keeper, has clangers, but every keeper does so...and looks like he'll be cheaper too so, its good!  Tongue
DH

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 22:28:34 »

I'm happy for him to stay although he's about average at this level - for the moment, he's still got a lot of years ahead so could yet achieve his ambitions - which I hope he does.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 6, 2005, 09:43:28 »

Still looks like a maybe yes, but not a done deal

www.thisisstfc.co.uk

ANDY King returns to work to begin his rebuilding job today but he could yet be looking for a new first-choice goalkeeper.

Rhys Evans was widely expected to finalise a new deal in the next 24 hours but negotiations continue to stall as club and player try to agree terms.

The Evening Advertiser also understands a third party is interested in securing the services of the 23-year-old, though the former England under 21 keeper is hopeful his County Ground tenure will be extended before the weekend.

“If I decide to stay it’s going to be tied up this week,” confirmed Evans.

“There will be another discussion between my agent and Sandy Gray (Town’s chief executive).

“There have been a few troubles in terms of them seeing each other but there were last-minute discussions on Friday.

“There are some doubts over the deal ­ we’re still not meeting on the same level but hopefully that will be put to bed.”

King returns from his working holiday in Spain needing to find replacements for Brian Howard, Matt Heywood and Grant Smith, who all moved on to pastures new last week.

Evans, Sammy Igoe and David Duke have yet to agree new contracts but King already has his sights on some new faces.

Former Manchester United youngster Paul Tierney and ex-Bolton starlet Ricky Shakes are believed to be top of King’s wanted list.
Asher

« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 6, 2005, 09:51:09 »

Evans is just holding out for a few more pennies each week - He WILL sign
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 6, 2005, 10:11:41 »

When Evans had to fight for his place he seemed to perform a lot better. That's one of the issues with our squad, the lack of competition. I think last season we were all in general agreement that the starting XI underperformed. With a bit of competition I think we would have been right up there. It's a shame our finances dictate really, but this is the simple fact of football now.
McLovin

« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 6, 2005, 10:34:52 »

I would like to see Mildy back.
bongofury

« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 6, 2005, 12:19:30 »

Evans definitely needs a good keeper in the wings to keep him on his toes, last season was proof of that.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 6, 2005, 12:35:32 »

we need rhys next season who else is there? we would be stuck with matty bullman as first choice otherwise
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 6, 2005, 12:44:50 »

Looks like he's off now!

See adver site, can't be arsed to get link
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 6, 2005, 12:46:24 »

really? oh well! we can move for mildy now then
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: