Pages: 1 ... 685 686 687 [688] 689 690 691 ... 694   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 1662738 times)
RobertT

+45/-24

Ignore
« Reply #10305 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 18:04:33 »

I didn't witness the 4 goal season for Norris, so feel thankful.  If it was worse than last season, then it must have been a sight to behold for a striker.

He just looked awkward, nothing seems natural for him and he didn't seem much good any one discipline - not a target man, not a poacher, not really pacey etc.  Never wish ill of many players, but he was awful - good at penalties mind.

There was certainly nothing to suggest he be prolific anywhere.  Cureton on the other had, you knew he had the instinct and some ability, was just terrible for us at the start and came with high hopes.

Mitchell was another one looking back I couldn't quite understand.  I suppose he had pace and elbows.  He clearly had a big impact for us though, but I can;t quite imagine him ever playing in the top flight.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+106/-420

Ignore
« Reply #10306 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 18:16:59 »

Last season Luke did work for the team, and also scored a few.... a lot of managers appreciate this. Look at Olivier Giroud, WC winner and now starting for Chelsea, works for others doesn't score many. This is fine as long as someone is scoring... we're OK atm as goals are being spread around, but the news today on Doughty is worrying, looks likely to be a long term injury.
Peter Venkman

+169/-147

Who you gonna call?

Ignore
« Reply #10307 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 18:54:30 »

I did see Luke a few times in his previous season and I thought he looked willing but always a yard off the pace or needing more touches than he could get.

Last season he did ok, nothing more nothing less.

There were some games under PB when he looked our best attacking option, away at Exeter and another one I can't remember but in both his best games he was substituted for injury. The other games he played 80 or 90 mins in he looked poor.

He has some of the worst ball control of any striker I have seen, his heading was hardly ever on target and his shooting often bothered the corner flags more than the goal.

He can take a good penalty though and that has to count as a big plus as 2 of his 6 goals this season have also been penalties and 7 of last seasons 14 goals came from penalties too. He also went on an 11 game run without scoring for us when he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

He seems to have found a team that he fits into, in a league he can score in and well done to him.

Enjoy yourself it's later than you think
Enjoy yourself while you're still in the pink
The years go by as quickly as a wink
Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself
It's later than you think.

Get wisdom, knowledge and understanding
These three, were given free by the maker
Go to school, learn the rules, don't be no faker
It's not wise for you to be a foot stool.
RobertT

+45/-24

Ignore
« Reply #10308 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 19:07:27 »

He certainly didn't lack effort, and his desire to play through shoulder injuries was admirable.  probably made him look worse to be honest.  Maybe he's got a good pre-season under his belt and is currently injury free, allowing him to focus?  In fact, putting aside ability, I don't think the team Flitcroft assembled could be knocked on effort across the board.  It's precisely what he assembled I guess, just put it together poorly and confused everyone with his ego.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

+8/-8

Ignore
« Reply #10309 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 19:04:38 »

Williams starting for Cobblers tonight...
@mwooly63

+10/-2

Ignore
« Reply #10310 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 15:40:22 »

🇩🇰 Former Coventry City and Swindon Town goalkeeper Reice Charles-Cook has joined Danish top flight side SønderjyskE on a deal until the end of the season 👏🏼 #englishabroad #CCFC #STFC https://t.co/qo1RCmv5B6
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

+8/-8

Ignore
« Reply #10311 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 16:36:15 »

🇩🇰 Former Coventry City and Swindon Town goalkeeper Reice Charles-Cook has joined Danish top flight side SønderjyskE on a deal until the end of the season 👏🏼 #englishabroad #CCFC #STFC https://t.co/qo1RCmv5B6

Good luck to him, would have been adequate back up, just not at the level to be a no. 1.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

+51/-86

Ignore
« Reply #10312 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 18:31:49 »

He was/is a real number 2
RedRag

+14/-8

Ignore
« Reply #10313 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 18:47:43 »

He was, as I recall, actually briefly quite good when he first stepped in
Batch
Thingie

+112/-48

Ignore
« Reply #10314 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 18:57:52 »

he was, but as soon as the first mistake was made he declined rapidly.

Fragile confidence and keeper are a bad combo.

good luck to him
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

+51/-86

Ignore
« Reply #10315 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:03:30 »

That cock up in injury time away at Lincoln did for him.

He was a dreadful keeper.
suttonred

+22/-8

Ignore
« Reply #10316 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:37:37 »

Started like a goalkeeper, ended up playing like a gamekeeper, heavy wellies and all.
bamboonoshoe

+71/-156

Chief Feather Ruffler

Ignore
« Reply #10317 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 22:06:42 »

Bloody hell though Sønderjyskie? That's actually an awesome move for him. I hope he enjoys short days though at the moment.

COYR WAPBRAWA COYR
DV Canio
Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock

+7/-71

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10318 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 08:45:57 »

Randomly bumped into OOH! Shaun Taylor’s (the actual OOH! Shaun Taylor not the TEF poster OOH! Shaun Taylor) son in a restaurant in Devon!!
Peter Venkman

+169/-147

Who you gonna call?

Ignore
« Reply #10319 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 16:55:46 »

I did see Luke a few times in his previous season and I thought he looked willing but always a yard off the pace or needing more touches than he could get.

Last season he did ok, nothing more nothing less.

There were some games under PB when he looked our best attacking option, away at Exeter and another one I can't remember but in both his best games he was substituted for injury. The other games he played 80 or 90 mins in he looked poor.

He has some of the worst ball control of any striker I have seen, his heading was hardly ever on target and his shooting often bothered the corner flags more than the goal.

He can take a good penalty though and that has to count as a big plus as 2 of his 6 goals this season have also been penalties and 7 of last seasons 14 goals came from penalties too. He also went on an 11 game run without scoring for us when he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

He seems to have found a team that he fits into, in a league he can score in and well done to him.
And right on cue....Jutkiewicz scores a hattrick today.

Along with Matt Preston for Mansfield, Calvin Andrew for Rochdale, Ollie Banks for Tranmere, Adam Rooney 3 for Salford.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 17:04:48 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Enjoy yourself it's later than you think
Enjoy yourself while you're still in the pink
The years go by as quickly as a wink
Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself
It's later than you think.

Get wisdom, knowledge and understanding
These three, were given free by the maker
Go to school, learn the rules, don't be no faker
It's not wise for you to be a foot stool.
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 687 [688] 689 690 691 ... 694   Go Up
Print
Jump to: