Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We haven't had a Parkin rumour for a while...  (Read 7321 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 21:10:50 »

I'm of a similar frame of mind, paul. Kingy's done well bringing in totally unheard of youngsters and I think he'll do it again this season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 21:19:23 »

Why the hell would SWINDON pay anybody 12k?  Soapy Tit Wank

I think that the mentioned deal would be unlikely because of the wage demands of Beckett for a start.

I wouldn't mind a summer of unheard-of players, especialy if they are like Ifil, Seano, Nicho, Howard, Evans and Parkin!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 14:40:15 »

This may be a tad naive of me, but the figures of FM2005 have always been fairly accurate when I have drawn comparisons to contract figures written in the media.  Parkin must be on around 1.5K a week but I am concerned about his minimum fee release clause and there seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding this.

I would love it if Parkin stays, sod next summer and losing him on a free, worry about that in January.  To keep Parkin would signal the club's ambitions and would reignite hopes for a playoff push.  The guy is a legend and staying would make me want his babies.  Sod a Piemonte special, he'd a get a Walrus Whammie  Cool

On a side note, I wonder if Parkin reads these forums?  Certainly he's aware of what a hero he is for Town, he can't step onto a football pitch without a rendition of "Super Sam Parkin" and perhaps the memory of Northampton is all too fresh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2005, 14:19:32 »

Crewe Latest
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050607/1/bcsy.html

ario Gradi has labelled Swindon's Sam Parkin as "the outstanding candidate" in his search for a targetman but admits a deal is still way off.

The former Chelsea youngster is set to leave the County Ground this summer, with several Championship clubs, including Watford, interested in the services of the 24-year-old, who has scored more than 20 goals in each of his three seasons in Wiltshire.

Gradi, who reportedly had an offer for the striker turned down last month, said: "By common opinion he is the best of that type, because everybody I have spoken to has mentioned him as the outstanding candidate for that kind of player. We have to look at the leagues below us and obviously we look at the best. He is the best player to fit the bill.

"We made an enquiry but there was no offer. Their manager (Andy King) doesn't want to sell him, but I think it's pretty common knowledge that there is a clause in his contract that comes into effect fairly soon where if someone makes a certain offer then they are duty bound to sell him.

"Anyway I asked their manager to keep me informed and I expect he will do."

Gradi added: "It's very much a long shot at this stage I would have thought. The player is already earning good money and although we probably would be able to agree terms with the club, agreeing with the player would be less easy."

I wonder if the 'got to sell' date is July 1st - which is why he hasn't been sold....yet?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2005, 14:29:12 »

That was the rumour a couple of months back.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: