Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We haven't had a Parkin rumour for a while...  (Read 7322 times)
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 09:48:31 »

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=145787&command=displayContent&sourceNode=145780&contentPK=12539838

interesting. the offer from Watford was 2 players plus 500,000. The 2 players though are Paul Mayo (ex brighton left back yes?) and some youngster who is a defender.

swindon seem to be holding out, but that 500,000 i think included a 250,000 bonus if Watford got to the premiership and it was going to be paid in installments so it wasn't a great deal really!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 10:07:50 »

"That would've been worth more than 500k" - only if Watford made the premiership which is very unlikely, that'd be like the rooney deal, called 27 million when in reality man united are unlikely to pay much more than 20 million.

Not a great deal for us, it's good we're turning down offers over the £300k that was being muted as the new release fee though.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 10:34:06 »

Crewe manager eyeing strike swoop  
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crewe_alexandra/4589369.stm

Crewe are hoping to snap up two new strikers - but manager Dario Gradi is keeping their identities secret.

Gradi said: "I've spoken to a striker and we are likely to have a decision on that next week. He wants time because he has a couple of other options.

"I have asked about another striker in the lower leagues. The manager doesn't want to sell him but may have to.

"We will continue to look until we find that big striker. They are not easy to come by," he told the club's website.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 13:12:07 »

Rumours about Parkin going to Sheff Utd have been around, how true they are nobody knows but they've transfer listed a few players today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/4602453.stm

Paul Thirlwell and Luke Beckett in a swap deal plus cash for Parkin would be ace. Shame they've just signed Webber really  Sad
kaufman

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 14:27:03 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Rumours about Parkin going to Sheff Utd have been around, how true they are nobody knows but they've transfer listed a few players today.

Paul Thirlwell and Luke Beckett in a swap deal plus cash for Parkin would be ace. Shame they've just signed Webber really  Sad

yep thirwell and beckett and £300K WOULD DO NICELY!  Shocked

maybe something could be done? thats not a bad shout!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 14:34:36 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

Such a deal would be good to avoid paying Chelsea so much of the sell on, but there's no way we'll be able to meet the wage demands of this type of player.....

I'll be very surprised if we sign anyone who we've heard of.....I'm sure our squad wil be made up of prem and champ rejects, like when Howard, Nicho, Smith  and Sean O signed.

Maybe one experienced player in the midfield
adje

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 14:42:32 »

Sheff Utd have today signed Danny Webber from Watford for 500,000.Mmmmm.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
kick_ass1987

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 16:43:14 »

Well i heard a rumour we are offering parkin a new deal to stay with us, giving him 3 times the amount he is already on, which makes it 36k a week, but not heard for how long.... and they say we are short of money??  :?
magnum150

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 16:43:30 »

If Bent is going, what about Ipswich.

If Sam does leave i'll bet it's to a club that none of us thought of.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 16:53:43 »

36k a week? thats more than the wagebill for the club a week, haha!

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 17:08:49 »

Quote from: "kick_ass1987"
Well i heard a rumour we are offering parkin a new deal to stay with us, giving him 3 times the amount he is already on, which makes it 36k a week, but not heard for how long.... and they say we are short of money??  :?

36k a week? Bungle!! Oops

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 17:09:58 »

I doubt he is on 12K a week now! I think even 12k a month would be unlikely.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 17:29:27 »

hahahaha                                            
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 20:01:44 »

3 times = 36k?Huh?? More like 36 times = 36k! Thanks tho, the belly laugh from this has really cheered me up!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 20:03:31 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

I'll be very surprised if we sign anyone who we've heard of.....I'm sure our squad wil be made up of prem and champ rejects, like when Howard, Nicho, Smith  and Sean O signed.

I think you're right Reg. And to be fair, they turned out to be pretty good signings, even if AK did completely piss at least two of them off. I'm still trying to keep my "glass half full" hat on for next season (having just lashed out 360 quid for a season ticket).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: