Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Orient Matchday Thread.  (Read 23260 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 21:10:26 »

maybe Wilson had some other motive for his decision.
Like he needs to persuade him to sign the contract that is still unsigned - a two year one I believe. JPC will confirm I guess.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 21:11:48 »

People weren't happy arriba, but I never heard any direct abuse.

He is a young lad thrown on in the wrong game

Looked totally out of his depth
Fred, you should have been sitting where I was mate.  That cunt next to me started as soon as he saw him stood on the touchline!
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 21:12:08 »

or maybe its because Macklin is a talent and has pace to burn and Wilson thought that maybe getting on a fresh pair of legs to run at the Orient defence might cause them problems?

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 21:13:45 »

nerves must have got to the lad.something he'll have to deal with if he is going to be a pro
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 21:15:12 »

Fred, you should have been sitting where I was mate.  That cunt next to me started as soon as he saw him stood on the touchline!

I must admit to having a chuckle when I saw his boots and his school socks worn on the outside of his kit mind
dell boy

« Reply #230 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 21:15:36 »

or maybe its because Macklin is a talent and has pace to burn and Wilson thought that maybe getting on a fresh pair of legs to run at the Orient defence might cause them problems?

Could easily be the reason.

We had them on the rack at the time of the subs, and after he came on we seemed to be playing with only 10 men.

I see Ronnie says there were fans knocking him, well that is right out of order, he is a young lad, and the future of our club is with the youth.

Mistakes and bad games they will have, but we must support them.
Orient Express

« Reply #231 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 21:50:18 »

Where did this Macklin come from? the right winger in the second half right? he didnt have a squad number on the prog. he wasnt that bad!

and we thought amankwaa did well, specially in the 1st half, hmmm

as was mcnamee, who was taken off surprisingly, cos he was roasting Purches (our RB) in the 1st half.

Pity JJ melligan wasnt roasting your left back  Sad
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 22:18:16 »

that would've involved leaving your half and risk putting more than 1 person ahead of the ball

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 22:19:04 »

We just need to give Macklin some time. Morrison looked pretty shit the first time I saw him start a game, Marshall was really shit the first few appearances as well (he might not be brilliant now but he has improved).

What is Macklin's position? He looked more like a striker / winger rather than a midfield / winger, does he ever play as an out and out striker? He seems fast (on the one occasion his first touch wasn't shit) and looked a bit better once he was moved in to the middle towards the end.

santasdead

« Reply #234 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 22:19:44 »

No-one can 'roast' Jamie V.

We had everything today,except the finishing product in their box. Paynter should've buried the header, and at times we could have got a shot away a little quicker,or played simpler balls to the touchline. Their goal was their easter egg, too much space, too early in the game, we should not of had our defense pushed that high so early on. Other than that defensively we had nothing to do. Our midfield were passengers for the first half, timlin got stuck in second half but OTJ useless throughout. Mcnamee and kanu played well on the wings, but kanus attitude at times was shocking,cant understand mcnamee going off - his crosses caused their defence some problems, would've liked to see us go three at the back a little earlier on with JPM, not macklin. First time i've seen him play - he had pace and thats it,nothing to shout home about. Some of the mistakes he made weredreadful, i can understand why he got the stick he did. Cox and paynter were cox and paynter, worked together, went looking for the ball - but had to hold it up too much cause of the garbage in midfield. Instead of last minute lapses it was the early lapse that have cost us, should've won that - they were nothing special and we played some good stuff.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 23:43:50 »

It's weird how Tudur-Jones divides opinion so, he appears to be a bit of a marmite man.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 06:57:11 »

Where did this Macklin come from? the right winger in the second half right? he didnt have a squad number on the prog. he wasnt that bad!

and we thought amankwaa did well, specially in the 1st half, hmmm

as was mcnamee, who was taken off surprisingly, cos he was roasting Purches (our RB) in the 1st half.

OE, there are some players in the Swindon team who would draw criticism from our supporters, even if we won every game 6-0!  Macklin is still a youth team player, made a mistake with his first touch and some sections of our "supporters" were on his back straight away!  Unfortunately McNamee cannot always last a full 90 minutes, something to do with his asthma I believe.
Swindon_red

« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:00:49 »

Were there any Swindon players on the pitch yesterday that didn't make quite a few mistakes because unless I was watching a completely different game they ALL seemed to, big defensive error that lead to Orient's goal.  We could have been 4-1 up at half-time if chances hadn't been squandered with piss poor shots that the goalie could have saved with his eyes shut and I lost count of the amount times that the ball was miskicked into no-mans land or just passed to Orient as if it were a gift.  Macklin seems to be getting quite a bit of stick for his performance and yeah he did seem a bit shell shocked when he 1st came on.  But I would imagine that yesterday was probably the biggest crowd he has ever played in front of so I wish the "idiots" would get off his back because if that last shot hadn't gone over the bar you would all be bigging him up and you wouldn't give a toss what colour boots he had on!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:17:01 »

Macklin certainly had a mare of a debut, but how anyone can write him off after one nervy performance is beyond me. Bad performance aside, he is now on a massive learning curve and it will probably take a fair while to make the jump from reserve->1st.

OTJ is indeed marmite, although I thought he had a poor game yesterday. For me he is the kind of player you don't notice until he's not playing.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:17:23 »

Macklin was shit and to be honest nerves would have set in. Nice ball into the box though. I personally think that JP McGovern should have come on to be honest. I don’t believe he should have been put into such a game to be honest. He was frustrating but again maybe trying too hard to impress. Maybe get safety first and then bring him on. How good has Paynter been the second half of the season???!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: