Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Orient Matchday Thread.  (Read 22125 times)
Orient Express

« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 13:20:05 »

Paynter was good but the one who we were all fearing, Mr Cox did absolutely nothing yesterday!!! Obviously good for us, and maybe it was a testament to how good Mkandawire and our defence was but all us O's fans were expecting some moment of brilliance. alas........
all he did (and paynter) was stand next to Jamie Jones as he took his drop kicks, which didnt work one bit   Roll Eyes

Oh and one more thing, The Magic Roundabout, WTF is that piece of confusing nonsense?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 13:35:31 »

Cox has gone off the boil a bit.

I was expecting you to be shit as you were on Boxing Day but you have turned it round.

Well done i thought you were certs to go!!

Clems Army!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 13:54:21 »

I agree. Poor in front of goal is more accurate. Scuffed shots and missed headers. Other than that he looked quite good.

I'm with you both on this as well.  He was very good in general play but did a fine impersonation of a central defender in front of goal with some pass backs and clearing a few headers nice and wide away from danger.  Don't get me wrong, around the pitch he put a good shift in as did everyone pretty much.  I'd like to think Greer will stay if and when we secure our status in this league, and then another player to replace Ifil.
Orient Express

« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 14:08:14 »

I was expecting you to be shit as you were on Boxing Day but you have turned it round.

Well done i thought you were certs to go!!

one name > Geraint Williams

He may be an Orient and Swindon hero but Ling really went stale in terms of managing the club.

but i'd put ££ on him being your next manager
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 14:08:47 »

Paynter was good but the one who we were all fearing, Mr Cox did absolutely nothing yesterday!!! Obviously good for us, and maybe it was a testament to how good Mkandawire and our defence was but all us O's fans were expecting some moment of brilliance. alas........
all he did (and paynter) was stand next to Jamie Jones as he took his drop kicks, which didnt work one bit   Roll Eyes

Oh and one more thing, The Magic Roundabout, WTF is that piece of confusing nonsense?

I thought you looked a well organised side compared to boxing day,I cant say i blame your lot for putting eleven men behind the ball after the goal,if we was capable of doing what your team did, we would be in the play offs.

peach of a goal by demi what's his name to.
REDBUCK

« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 14:27:47 »

Not a surprise that Orient played nice and solid just like their manager. He has a resonable record i seem to rememebr
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 16:39:58 »

It's weird how Tudur-Jones divides opinion so, he appears to be a bit of a marmite man.

That's partly because a majority of our fans don't like players who can pass the ball to their own team.
They want us to play route one, get it in the box at every opportunity and when that doesn't work we can moan & bitch about our players not trying hard enough.

FWIW, I thought we played pretty well, but the finishing was piss poor.
Other than the OTJ free kick their keeper didn't have to do anything spectacular. Sure, he was solid & did what he had too well, but he didn't need to be that great.

Couldn't believe that people boo'ed the team off at the end.
I know it wasn't the result we wanted, but the performance was much better than the one against Crewe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 17:25:04 »

That's partly because a majority of our fans don't like players who can pass the ball to their own team.
They want us to play route one, get it in the box at every opportunity and when that doesn't work we can moan & bitch about our players not trying hard enough.

Other than the OTJ free kick their keeper didn't have to do anything spectacular. Sure, he was solid & did what he had too well, but he didn't need to be that great.

I know it wasn't the result we wanted, but the performance was much better than the one against Crewe.

Well said that man
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 17:41:40 »

Spot on.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 17:56:13 »

Yup.
Spencer_White

« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 18:23:00 »

On reflection they didnt deserve to be booed off.

Orient scored a good goal. Then they did a job on us, so well done them. Even though the ref was heavily in our favour. Complete homer.

I think all season the team has relied on getting the first goal.

It was a massive relief that other results went our way.

And to be fair to Orient and Crewe, they both bought very decent away followings really, in comparison to some clubs who are near the top and have brought terrible followings. 
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 18:27:00 »

I'm all for players passing it instead of hoofing it. Its only when said player gets the ball, sees the man in space, turns, turns back again, stops and then passes it to the original man that i get a tad annoyed

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 18:31:56 »

Orient fans strike me as a group who enjoy being in the 3rd tier at the moment. This is quite refreshing because so many fans whine and moan about this division as if they/we have a divine right to be higher up.

Wish we got at least a point though.
Orient Express

« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 20:15:17 »

we dont enjoy per se, we always want to go higher, but we accept the fact that league one is our level and also we are doubly happy because 2 months ago we were certainties to go down to league 2 which would have been crushing cos we worked so hard to get out of L2 at the expense of Oxford  :eatkf:
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 20:29:53 »

we dont enjoy per se, we always want to go higher, but we accept the fact that league one is our level and also we are doubly happy because 2 months ago we were certainties to go down to league 2 which would have been crushing cos we worked so hard to get out of L2 at the expense of Oxford  :eatkf:

And we are joyous for that,but you can do us another big favour by beating Northampton on saturday please.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: