Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Orient Matchday Thread.  (Read 23255 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:20:10 »

Macklin was shit and to be honest nerves would have set in. Nice ball into the box though. I personally think that JP McGovern should have come on to be honest. I don’t believe he should have been put into such a game to be honest. He was frustrating but again maybe trying too hard to impress. Maybe get safety first and then bring him on. How good has Paynter been the second half of the season???!!!!!

BP is a steady Div 3 second striker....think he'd be very effective in Div 4.

Is his contract up in the summer, because he'd be worth keeping.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:38:18 »

Paynter had a poor game yesterday. Squandered so many good chances

Things get better but they never get good
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:42:47 »

See, i thought BP had another good game... the header that hit the bar was unfortunate, but i don't recall many other chances he's meant to have squandered.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:44:19 »

There was one or two really good headed chances in the first half he really should have done much much better with. I also get a bit annoyed with his constant efforts from 30 yards when he's got much better options either side of him. Other than that i do genuinely belive he is a really good striker, just needs to work on his anticipation

DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:48:10 »

Paynters been good all season and has been our best player after Cox by far.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:49:35 »

How did Paynter have a poor game? I thought he was lively, strong, got himself in good scoring positions and was unlucky with a few headers. One of his better games.

Without Paynter Cox certainly wouldn't have scored so many. I think they're a great partnership.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:50:05 »

At least he created or was on the end of chances.

In my opinion we're missing that creative drive in the middle of the park. Tudor Jones can pick a pass when he wants to, but he takes too long to think about things and needs to be a bit more instinctive. Timlin can turn up one game and not the other. I thought Macca and Robson-Kanu had decent games, obviously not without errors, but if anything was going to happen it would be from those two.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:51:16 »

Perhaps poor game was a bit harsh. His play outside the box was very good, as it has generally been all season. He  should have done better with a few of the chances that came his way though

DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:54:25 »

the one thing that annoyed me about our wingers is they run so slow with the ball.

each time they were stepovering towards the full back who was showing them outside each time but they never took it.

I was begging Macca or HRK to just once knock it down the line and race onto it. I think Wilson saw this and thats why he decided to bring Macklin on when he did. Obviously it didnt go to plan
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 10:01:41 »

Well, after getting home from the match and having my dinner the predictable row that had been brewing for two days kicked off in the Flash household. Blow Up
I fucked off and spent the night in a hotel and i reckon that this is the end for Flash and her indoors.
Pastures new await and i think i have now decied to stay single. No No No
Sat outside a McDonalds on my laptop working out my next step.
I blame Malpas for my current situation, he has ruined my life! Tough Guy
Anyway.....back to the game.
I think that we have played worse and won this season.
It was just one of those matches where we could of been there all night and not scored...as the game wore on it became apparent that panic was replacing patience and that played into Orients hands.
Cox was crowded out at every touch and we couldnt seem to do anything with the space that this produced.
Nobody played that bad or that well.
Ifil seemed to fuck up for the goal (which was however taken very well) but improved thereafter.
Timlin, who have had a pop at on here recently played very well IMHO.
I reckon 49 or 50 maybe enough and so we need to get something out of the last three games.....i have watched Swindon long enough to realise that it will go to the final game or we will have to wait for Northampton to fuck it up ala Rovers all those years ago.

This season has been torture.

Clems Army!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 10:14:55 »

Can you cite Maurice Malpas on your divorce papers?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 10:17:20 »

Blimey Flash, it was only a football match, no need to go home and take it out on the missus!

Grin

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 10:18:49 »

Well, after getting home from the match and having my dinner the predictable row that had been brewing for two days kicked off in the Flash household. Blow Up
I fucked off and spent the night in a hotel and i reckon that this is the end for Flash and her indoors.
Pastures new await and i think i have now decied to stay single. No No No
Sat outside a McDonalds on my laptop working out my next step.
I blame Malpas for my current situation, he has ruined my life! Tough Guy
Anyway.....back to the game.
I think that we have played worse and won this season.
It was just one of those matches where we could of been there all night and not scored...as the game wore on it became apparent that panic was replacing patience and that played into Orients hands.
Cox was crowded out at every touch and we couldnt seem to do anything with the space that this produced.
Nobody played that bad or that well.
Ifil seemed to fuck up for the goal (which was however taken very well) but improved thereafter.
Timlin, who have had a pop at on here recently played very well IMHO.
I reckon 49 or 50 maybe enough and so we need to get something out of the last three games.....i have watched Swindon long enough to realise that it will go to the final game or we will have to wait for Northampton to fuck it up ala Rovers all those years ago.

This season has been torture.

Hope you didn't break it.

When you're smiling.........
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 10:24:42 »

Ha.......no divorce here....i have done that before!!.....just a bit of hassle for a couple of weeks.

The result didnt put me in the best of moods but its more to do with access to my daughter than anything else.

Green eyed monster just keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 12:42:50 »

Perhaps poor game was a bit harsh.

I agree. Poor in front of goal is more accurate. Scuffed shots and missed headers. Other than that he looked quite good.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: