Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill Power court case  (Read 47649 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 14:52:24 »

fucking brilliant...

...not helped by all the fickle cunts who didnt 'renew' their season ticket in December!!!

I'm no legal expert so I really dont have a clue what is going on but I thought Bill Power liked Swindon? ok, he was never a fan of Swindon, is a business man but invested some money and was willing to be part of the fans consortium.

Surely he wouldnt want to take us to the cleaners and destroy us?
Well I'm definitely a fan of STFC, but am behind Bill P 100% on this one. He has been left no choice by Mr Diamandis & Co.

The thing is that if it was the case that he was conned out of the money which was then used for purposes other than those intended for example if it were used to pay stud fees on a horse, I think I would be suing too. Paticularly if it were the case that some smarmy bastard would not have a reasonable discussion about it, & started publically slagging me off.
If the aforementioned SM was then selling the assett, (club) in which I had allegedly bought a share in without reference to me, I would be annoyed tp say the least.

From the Dark Side
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 14:52:54 »

and of course it's only the reporters take on what AF said (but I'm still only getting a year instead of three)
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 16:34:32 »

is the indemnity on Wills personally, or on the old holding company ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 16:52:27 »

is the indemnity on Wills personally, or on the old holding company ?
I've always understood it to be on the Wills family. It would have been plain stupid to have had it against the Holding Co in case they tried to fold it to avoid paying any outstanding debt (erm, like they did in fact)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #139 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 16:53:32 »

Oh great the uncertainty that never really left in full returns with a bang Sad

What a great season this has been.
flammableBen

« Reply #140 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 17:05:24 »

I've missed it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 18:30:57 »

Unusually there is one entry on the adver comments listing worth reading, it's from a Mr F Ben

You've made a good friend there Ben in a certain JMOSTFC from Bassett.   Thumb
flammableBen

« Reply #142 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 18:37:07 »

Yeah I saw that.

Shame. I thought me and JMOSTFC could be mates.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #143 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 18:57:46 »

The owners should have realised that this could happen when they bought the club. Not sure it's fair on the fans to cut the budget for this probable legal cost. If the fans hadn't been promised better things on the pitch I probably wouldn't have or voice this opinion.

Also if the owners having to stump up the cash leads to a smaller playing budget, then this would suggest that they are still heavily funding the running of the club or are willing to take significant drawings from it, the latter case would prove to be totally against the principles of running a financially tight ship which was self sustaining.

Obviously this opinion could be completely bollocks if us or the Adver are reading between the lines too much.
dell boy

« Reply #144 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 19:15:36 »

This is very depressing.

Bill Power came here as the knight in shining armour, how do you feel now?

Those who said thank you for all you done Wills family, how do you feel now?

There is only one loser at the end of the day, Swindon Town FC, eg the fans of this club.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 19:18:23 »

This is very depressing.

There is only one loser at the end of the day, Swindon Town FC, eg the fans of this club.
My sentiments entirely, how much longer can we have a Wills on the board of our great club?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 19:23:25 »

The only way it becomes a problem for the club is if the Wills family try and wriggle out of their responsibilities by not honouring the indemnity.

Where there's a Wills, there's a way.

I'm amazed this pun hadn't graced the thread yet, so I thought I'd better get it in.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 19:24:10 »

This is very depressing.

Like many others here have said, I don't blame Power one bit. He didn't want to put us into this situation, and he took no specific action to do so. It's the old board who are to blame for this occurring, and more so for the fact that it has ended up in a costly court case
dell boy

« Reply #148 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 19:29:25 »

Like many others here have said, I don't blame Power one bit. He didn't want to put us into this situation, and he took no specific action to do so. It's the old board who are to blame for this occurring, and more so for the fact that it has ended up in a costly court case

The Trust members were close to Bill Power and adored him, others like myself have differnet opinions, but I'm not going to go there again (because I certainly dont want to go back to the days when I was slated for a different view to Trusties in the past) - at the end of the day we owed him money even though he wasnt quite sure how we owed him, Bill made it clear he would settle out of court, which the Wills/Diamond wouldn't do.

So those bastards, no I will use a word I never use just for FB, those CUNTS have hit this club again.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 19:31:41 »

Anyone know where I can get hold of one of those road-marking devices?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: