Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill Power court case  (Read 47631 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 12:41:07 »

I think he is moaning about the legal expenses he may have to pay - the indemnity is probably just for the million to Bill Power.
Possible outcomes
BP loses he pays all expenses
BP loses he pays his expenses STFC pay theirs
STFC loses they pay BP his million (payed by Wills) STFC pay all the expenses
STFC loses they pay BP his million (payed by Wills) STFC pay just their expenses
So there are 3 out of 4 scenarios where AF is out of pocket - he must have known this
As I said the other day though, it would be madness to negotiate an indemnity for the fixed costs alone. If Fitton and co did any kind of due diligence (and they did, thoroughly, from what I can gather), they'd have known there was a good chance of losing the case (which is why they wanted an indemnity in the first place) and would also have known that if the case went to court, then costs would form a large part of the eventual bill. So I just don't find it credible that they'd have negotiated an indemnity that ONLY covered the fixed costs, that would just be incredibly naive to the point of incompetence. And I don't think Fitton's that naive.

The problem here it would seem is not that the indemnity doesn't cover the costs but that the Wills are proving a little slow in paying out. So sue them. And ban them from the directors' box for a start until they pay what they owe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 12:44:44 »

I'm sure it is only a matter of time that James will no longer be a director at STFC, How much money has Wills got left after Diamandis bled him dry - no sympathy though, perhaps he can sell his big posh house in Ramsbury and live in a 3 bed terraced in Penhill, he'd still have a room for James as well.

Can I suggest Gazza stops supplying the ammunition as it just get's too easy to wind him up and watch him go like a rampant rabbit  Cheesy
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:03:07 »

FOR ONCE

SHUT UP GAZ

Got the poking stick out again Fred ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:12:59 »

Nah Nev

Just fed up with his over the top, irrational, inane comments all the time.

Like I said, he doesnt table his opinions like this on his own forum so why here ?
Talk Talk

« Reply #124 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:18:33 »

Like I said, he doesn't table his opinions like this on his own forum so why here ?

That's because nobody visits our forum Andy  Cheesy
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:19:26 »

Nah Nev

Just fed up with his over the top, irrational, inane comments all the time.

Like I said, he doesnt table his opinions like this on his own forum so why here ?

Couldn't be attention seeking could it ?

You're only voicing what I'm thinking.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:26:27 »

That's because nobody visits our forum Andy  Cheesy

Cheesy

I do

In fact I think Gazza has done a great job with the L & P site, whether its viewed as the "in thing" to be controversial on here I really dont know.

I am not the only one to voice a similar opinion
« Last Edit: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:29:33 by Fred Elliot » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:33:39 »

Big bully Fred.  Bicycle
« Last Edit: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:35:23 by 4D » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #128 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:42:01 »

So sue them. And ban them from the directors' box for a start until they pay what they owe.

Absolutely what I was thinking.

A different point, but is the indemnity provided by the Wills family or just Sir Seton?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:44:04 »

Absolutely what I was thinking.

A different point, but is the indemnity provided by the Wills family or just Sir Seton?
I've always understood it to be the Wills family but how it's actually legally drawn up may be quite different
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:47:43 »

The problem here it would seem is not that the indemnity doesn't cover the costs but that the Wills are proving a little slow in paying out. So sue them. And ban them from the directors' box for a start until they pay what they owe.

Agree with that.

I thought all along that Bill P would / should win, & AF & co must have realised that. Problem is they will probably have to sue Wills for the indemnity to be paid.

I would settle for a public flogging (in the centre circle before the Wovers match) of his personal advisor my self

From the Dark Side
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:55:11 »

fucking brilliant...

...not helped by all the fickle cunts who didnt 'renew' their season ticket in December!!!

I'm no legal expert so I really dont have a clue what is going on but I thought Bill Power liked Swindon? ok, he was never a fan of Swindon, is a business man but invested some money and was willing to be part of the fans consortium.

Surely he wouldnt want to take us to the cleaners and destroy us?
flammableBen

« Reply #132 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 13:58:32 »

fucking brilliant...

...not helped by all the fickle cunts who didnt 'renew' their season ticket in December!!!

I'm no legal expert so I really dont have a clue what is going on but I thought Bill Power liked Swindon? ok, he was never a fan of Swindon, is a business man but invested some money and was willing to be part of the fans consortium.

There's a lot of things/people I like, have an attachment to, whatever, but I'd still be pretty pissed off if any of them tried to scam me out of a mil or so and I'd probably do what I could to get it back. Even if it meant financially fucking them up.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 14:01:01 »

fucking brilliant...

Thats a very thisis post. Like ben said, he's been scammed out of a million and is, quite rightly, going for it back.He's done nowt wrong in my eyes, its clever bastadry by those who were previosly in charge which means its got anything to do with us now

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, April 17, 2009, 14:31:21 »

fucking brilliant...

Not quite that simple. The case is that Bill and Phil were effectively scammed out of a million quid by the previous regime. They could safely take on the case knowing it wouldn't ultimately impact the club because of the safety net provided by the indemnity - ie that means that if they win, the people who have to pay are the people who (allegedly) stitched them up. And if they drop the case, the same people effectively end up a million quid better off. And Fitton and the new board could safely take over the club and write this down as not being a liability ultimately owed by the club because of the indemnity. Indeed they said as much in the last set of accounts. So in terms of actual outcomes this is a straight battle between Bill and Phil and the Wills family, which is what it always was. The only way it becomes a problem for the club is if the Wills family try and wriggle out of their responsibilities by not honouring the indemnity.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: