Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: police punching young swindon fan saturday  (Read 11424 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 23:37:47 »

isn't there a law you can demand any video footage that may contain you?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 23:38:54 »

If there isn't then there bloody well ought to be
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 23:39:28 »

i didnt actually read the post on that link, the post i made was on another site.

i wouldnt take those leeds fans word for anything, they seem prize wankers.

"He was crying his f***ing eyes out the little gayboy.

Steward was strangling him, whilst the coppers were just slapping him for fun "

i think that sums up the type of scum bags they are
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 23:41:40 »

A true story about Leeds fans is that when they came down here last season, an ambulance went past the Merlin just before the game and a group of their lot starting throwing bottles and pint glasses at it.

They also rape baby seals.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 23:42:27 »

If there isn't then there bloody well ought to be

i remember a mark thomas show on it, i think i do anyway.

hmm

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 23:43:19 »

our fans would say exactly the same if it happend here to a little gob shite from a visiting team.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 00:20:18 »

i remember a mark thomas show on it, i think i do anyway.

hmm

Yes, for a 5 pound charge, but there are conditions to it, like paying to enter a premesis. Different if you are on public property.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 01:15:26 »

I been round the block enough to realise they over reacted. If anything the should of thrown the cunt out a few rows to the left of me. Annoying twat although i had pleasure telling the suited steward what a cunt he was on the way out.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 08:30:58 »

Yes, for a 5 pound charge, but there are conditions to it, like paying to enter a premesis. Different if you are on public property.

It's called a freedom of information request I think.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 08:45:09 »

I don't get this thread at all. Assuming the accounts are accurate of course.

He may have been a gobby little shite giving it Billy Big Bollocks. But thst doesn't excuse OTT physical policing/stewarding.

Take him away, give him a banning order for isightment, whatever. But punching him?  Come on, this isn't the 70's/80's.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 09:08:59 »

Whatever the rights or wrongs of what they did to the kid (and I reckon he was a lot less than 16), the fact was that Police and stewards came piling down the stairs with no regard to the safety of people coming up the stairs including my own.
During the game, you can kind of accept that, but when people are leaving the ground it's putting people in danger. At least two of us got knocked over and it could have been a lot worse.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 09:59:20 »

Don't know if it's related to the incident or not. But at the end many Town fans were chanting ''istanbul, istanbul, istanbul'' which did wind up many leeds fans on the way out.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 12:34:40 »

I wasn't at the game so obviously can't comment on the incident, but at least a few people saw something they weren't happy with and there is no smoke without fire. My biggest concern with this sort of heavy handed behaviour by police or stewards is that it can quickly turn in to something a lot worse - I once saw a minor incident with the police (not at a football match) turn in to a full scale riot within minutes.

The only justification for the police or a steward punching someone at a football match is if they need to take them out of action, which would mean something a lot worse than just mouthing off or making hand gestures.
flammableBen

« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 12:46:47 »

By "there is no smoke without fire" do you mean that the kid probably deserved it, or that the police officer overreacted? There's smoke indicating both.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 13:07:54 »

Just that if people saw something they weren't happy with, something happened that shouldn't have.

But my main point is that when something like that happens at a football match (ie a kid getting punched by the police), with emotions running high its easy for people to get involved and it to turn in to something a lot worse. If I was nearby and saw it happening and thought it unjustified I could easily see myself wading in, then a few more people, then a few more and the next thing you know the shit has totally hit the fan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: