Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smith to City  (Read 6955 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 17:55:03 »

And then the rest of the players will probably slash their wrists leading the club do go bankrupt.

I do blame Smith to be honest, of all the out of contract players he's probably got the best offer, we're the only team he's played for consistently but if he's leaving it'll be because he's had a better offer than we can afford after saying he wanted to stay.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 18:05:02 »

I'd rather Smith just said "I wanna go" instead of coming up with all this bullsh!t about repaying fans loyalty or whatever.

If he's repaying our loyalty by moving to City he can f*ck off.

Shame really, he'd be worshipped here next season.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 18:07:09 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I'd rather Smith just said "I wanna go" instead of coming up with all this bullsh!t about repaying fans loyalty or whatever.

Exactly.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 18:08:31 »

IMO its King's fault. After the bradford performance smiffy should've been in the first team, yet AK drops him...boooo. KING OUT! Soapy Tit Wank! HA!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 18:13:42 »

Is that a joke? When did King drop him after Bradford?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 18:25:57 »

I may have got my games wrong but what I was trying to get at was that AK should've played him from the start of the season  :roll:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 18:27:16 »

He didn't -but he dropped him after Huddersfield when he came on and almost turned the game in 10 mins.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 18:36:37 »

Dropped him for all of one game.

Fact is Smith's played in 37 games this year, far more than he's played for any other team so far in his career, with the team doing so well last year I don't think he can complain too much about having limited opportunities then.

He'd not really done anything to show he should walk into our first team before joining us (2 starts for Sheffield United and a few loan appearances for Halifax and Clydebank) but as soon as he showed he was good enough he won a place in the side and has been ever present ever since. He should be fucking grateful.

If he stays he's a legend if he leaves he's a cunt.
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 18:41:47 »

So long then Smithy. It's a shame you couldn't just be honest with us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 19:09:00 »

Migz against the world next season then.....

Will we have ANY players left...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 19:14:19 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
If he stays he's a legend if he leaves he's a cunt.

Harsh. Would you stay if you'd been offered reduced terms despite the fact you'd proved yourself as a first team player, clearly worthy of an improved contract?

If he stays, I'll love him, if he goes then I blame King and the board. Not Smith.
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 19:16:57 »

To be fair, everyone else in the same boat.

Money talks and we ain't got none.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 19:26:34 »

Who says he's been offered reduced terms? If anyone's been offered a fairly decent deal it will be Smith as Howard wasn't offered anything to help pay for his offer.

He said after he got the offer it wasn't far off what he wanted and the board said there is room for some negotiation. Odviously we can't afford to offer much but we can guarantee he's going to be a popular player and he's likely to be ever present too. I won't think of him any different to Mooney if he goes.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 20:05:03 »

Who says he hasn't been offered reduced terms? Everyone else has, I'm just applying that same logic to this situation. Based solely on performances, Smith deserves an improved contract. It's highly unlikely he will have got one, even with King gambling with Howard's future to improve the offer. Now we've lost both. You can't blame Smith for that.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, May 21, 2005, 20:18:44 »

All I can say is that I hope it's a Swindon fan that wins the £250,000 for their club with the coca-cola thing

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: