Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Franchise.  (Read 30765 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:37:21 »

In 80/81, we went into the last game of the season needing a point to stay up v Brentford.

The only time I can remember us getting by our own efforts on the final game of a season.

It was the last season of 2 points for a win....of our last 13 games we only won the one, but drew 9.. under that system, draws were good results.

The following season, we couldn't adjust and went down to Div 4 for the first time with 52 points....Wimbledon went with 53.

We won 13 and drew 13....6 more wins this season might see us safe.

Was at the Brentford game, I think other results were important, because with about half an hour to go the game changed we were not taking any risks and would be OK as long as we got a point.  There could have been a remote chance we needed three points up until that point (if memory serves).  Brentford appeared happy with a point and they adopted a similar approach. Kamara and a few other players were swigging champagne in the stand after the game for a "warm-down".

I think Brentford helped us, they didn't want to lose the game, and appeared to make little attempt to win it.  
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:46:05 by Crozzer » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:45:33 »

No, I sit in the front row right behind the disabled, and they now do not allow you to go down near the pitch because the disabled fans have complained.  I can understand why they would do that whilst the game is going on, but what is wrong with going down near the pitch at half time or after the game.

Fair enough. I took my lad down there before the match, but presumably this is OK? Well tough shit really because we are doing it anyway.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:58:31 »

Why was Wilson so happy after the game.  I think for the following reasons:

Did ok without Peacock, Ifil (starting) and Smith, the back four now picks itself. 

Macca was effective, will be better with more muscle in central midfield.

Good chance of a midfield loanee (Wilson seemed reasonably confident). 

Easton and Kanyuka might be fit for upcoming games.

Only issue was wasteful finishing, and of course the obligatory sloppy goal conceded.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 21:28:19 »

....and the fact we didnt win and are now in the bottom four.

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 21:32:58 »

even though we are in the drop zone,i am more optomistic about our survival in league 1 than i was before todays game.
dell boy

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 21:34:35 »

The second half we battered them, we shouldl have had three points.
MK must be happy to go home with a point.

We wlll stay up, it is in our hands.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:07:09 »

I'm staggered peope think nalis played well. thought he was laughably bad.

funny old game!
yeah, just as staggering as Morrison getting MOTM.
He wasn't even the best centre half in a Town shirt.

Now I'm not a Paynter Fan, but he was clearly our best player today
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #262 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:09:07 »

Anankwah for me today.

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:14:45 »

i've already stated that i thought amankwaa was mom so agree drs,but greer ran him close.i'd have morrison in 3rd.all 4 of the back 4 did very well today.paynter did have a good game but nowhere near mom for me. he did one pathetic dive a few mins before he scored to try to gain a free kick.anyone else see that?he was lucky not to get booked for it
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #264 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:33:02 »

He also did it in the first few mins. He was ok today but like you say no where near mom in my opinion anyway. Anyway good performance if not result but mk will play better teams than us and get results.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:45:42 »

anyone else think cox is suffering some sort of mental block about his 20th goal?

cos i don't. although he hasn't scored for aaaages
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:50:34 »

Surprised nobody has accused him of doing a Cureton an purposely missing to engineer a move by getting us relegated. Or whatever it was Cureton was supposed to have done.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:50:53 »

even though we are in the drop zone,i am more optomistic about our survival in league 1 than i was before todays game.

See I am the opposite.

Today is weird. I was really chuffed with the performance but it has had the opposite effect on me. Against the likes of Cheltenham and Hartlepool we didnt win but we knew our team could have played better.

Today we played really well...BUT...still didnt win.

we play poor, we draw
we play good, we draw
we play well, we still draw

Performances go out the window now, it really is all about the points. I'd rather we played fucking gash today and scraped the most un deserved 1-0 win you will ever see in the history of football.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #268 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:53:46 »

Surprised nobody has accused him of doing a Cureton an purposely missing to engineer a move by getting us relegated. Or whatever it was Cureton was supposed to have done.

IOB did mention it reminded him of Cureton.

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 22:57:09 »

yeah i see what you are saying dv.
one thing i am sure about is that wilson is evaluating his squad and giving some individuals playing time.i have read some comments thinking marshall was a positive.i thought he did one good thing(tried to beat his man and got a corner out of it)but i dont think we will see him play again.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: