Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please Start Giving a Shit  (Read 11516 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 09:22:49 »

So Tomorrow is a huge game for us. Anything other than a win will not be good enough, It could get very nasty in the stands tomorrow if we lose with chants of “you don’t know what your doing” and “your not fit to wear the shirt” lets hope it doesn’t come to this but our players need to get their heads out of their asses. Its time the players (apart from our abck 4 and Coxy) start giving a shit.  Angry
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 09:36:25 »

Sorry i cannot agrre with that.There is  big difference between not giving a shit and simply not being good enough bar Kanu i would say very player has given the effort the last month or so but the quality is whats missing.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 09:38:38 »

Sorry i cannot agrre with that.There is  big difference between not giving a shit and simply not being good enough bar Kanu i would say very player has given the effort the last month or so but the quality is whats missing.

I am referring to Saturday more than anything I suppose. Robson-Kanu is sort of like McNamee, Good in a good side I think but crap in a crap side, mainly because he cannot play to his strengths,.  Apart from Paynter and our back 4 saturday, No on elooked as if they were interested. DW said almost as much in his post match interview.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 10:40:06 »

getting on the players' backs tomorrow isn't going to help.

I think it's going to be  a close game and we're have to be patient, and that goes for players and fans. Think we'll win, but patience will be a virtue. Whether you think the players give a sh*t or not, getting on their backs tomorrow night will be counter productive. Slating them on here is fine – and I agree some are not pulling their weight – but not when they need us.

Like we've said, it's these games against the bottom clubs that matter, so win them and we're ok.  Regardless of whether we should/could have won Saturday, Tranmere are good at home, so it's these games we have to win.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 10:59:15 »

I didnt go to Tranmere, but from what I've seen since DW has taken over the effort has been there most of the time. We were crap against Hartlepool, but they tried.

To be honest even under Malpas, most games the players put in a decent shift. we just couldnt defend for shit and lost as a consequence.

I think the typically English buzzwords of "passion & commitment" are over used and over rated as reason for crapness. 

The 2 main reasons we are near the bottom is that we spent half of the season conceeding 2 goals a game on average and we have spent the whole season being unable to hold on to leads and conceeding last minute winners / equalisers.  Neither of which have anything to do with passion or commitment, its about ability, composure and an element of luck.

Our players dont seem massivly passionate or commited to me. But neither are they particually uncommited either. they are just normal.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:00:33 »

Not saying "I AM GOING TO SLATE THE PLAYERS" I wouldn't boo the players etc during a match anyway. Just saying they need to give a shit tomorrow and get a result otherwise it could get very nasty indeed by some fans. that said being a midweek game against shit opposition it wont be as bad as a Saturday would be in my mind. I hope we get a result and the last 2 games were just "a blip". Cheltenham are shit, they aer in turmoil off the pitch its a game we really should be winning.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:02:28 »

losing or drawing tomorrow night is not an option. cheltneham are shit and we need to deal with them accordingly.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:04:22 »

losing or drawing tomorrow night is not an option. cheltneham are shit and we need to deal with them accordingly.

Get beaten with a lacklustre performance and last minute winner for them normally isnt it?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:13:21 »

i think we will win comfortably tomorrow.but fans shouldn't get carried away about it like they did after the scunthorpe game,as there is a long way to go yet.we have 3 home gaems on the trot now and i think we need to take 6 points from those matches.i'm thinking we might get 4 or 5 though
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:15:05 »

we'll win tomorrow. I just think it might be frustarting cos they'll stick 10 men behidn the ball.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:18:36 »

i think we will win comfortably tomorrow.but fans shouldn't get carried away about it like they did after the scunthorpe game,as there is a long way to go yet.we have 3 home gaems on the trot now and i think we need to take 6 points from those matches.i'm thinking we might get 4 or 5 though

We don't have 3 home games on the trot. Next tuesday is Colchester away, isn't it?

It's All Good..............
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:20:03 »

Luckily for us, the teams below have been even worse. We have been pretty poor all season and never dropped into the bottom 4 luckily. Once you get in there it will be a battle to get out. If we get 3 or 4 more wins we are “probably” ok as we will get a couple of draws along the way. Massive cull in the Summer and playoffs next season! Wink

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:21:20 »

We don't have 3 home games on the trot. Next tuesday is Colchester away, isn't it?

yeah you're right.thought we had 3 on the bounce for some reason?
ok then, 4 points from 2 games is a must, 6 would be a bonus
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:24:12 »

I think the most we'll get is 4 points from these two games.

We've then got two tough away fixtures, so if we fuck up tomorrow we could well be in the drop zone after Leeds.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:25:16 »

edit ^^^ what he said ^^^^

Yes. followed by Leeds away. Two tricky games, hence why 3 points are important tomorrow!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: