Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Washing machines  (Read 9680 times)
dell boy

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 19:41:43 »

But they last forever!!

Thats the point of my post...by 3 at £200 instead!

Nothing lasts forever.
We change our washing machine roughly ever four years, buy cheap or second hand.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 19:44:23 »

They are all much of a muchness, just make sure you have one that has a hot water intake as well as cols otherwise a standard wash takes about 2 hours.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:00:05 »

i have a zanussi one, apparently it's one of the quietest you can get...you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference though

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Danjackson10

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:01:40 »

make sure it has a high spin (1400 i think) it meens your clothes will be easier to dry!
nochee

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:26:14 »

They are all much of a muchness, just make sure you have one that has a hot water intake as well as cols otherwise a standard wash takes about 2 hours.

Is that a fact, maybe thats what i have. Not my washing machine or apartment, i just rent but a washing cycle takes forever. 

Yep, just checked. Cold water pipe only, cheap cunts!!!! I pay a fortune for this place too. And the final spin thing is shit, the clothes are still proper soaking when the cycle is finished.

Down with shit machines!!!!
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:30:00 »

oooh Weird!

Tomo i planed to spend the day looking to buy washing machine! I have been told to go to a place in the outlet village so that is my first stop in the morning... I have spent lots of time this week looking at various friends machines i still dont know what im looking for!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:37:19 »

I've never bought a washing machine, but if I was in the market for one I'd get one that has a decent sized drum to fit all your clothes in. Also, as I don't use all the fancy settings I'd could probably save money by getting a more basic model.

If I was rich enough I'd wear everything just once. Laundry is a very annoying thing to do.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:39:37 »

im getting a new one cos apart from being 1000 years old mine has no 30 degree wash cycle on it and apparently if you wash at 30 degrees its like doing two washes n you get one free!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:46:10 »

im getting a new one cos apart from being 1000 years old mine has no 30 degree wash cycle on it and apparently if you wash at 30 degrees its like doing two washes n you get one free!

Can't equate to more than a few pence saved per wash. I reckon you'd have to do thousands of washes for it to pay for itself. How many washes do you do a week? Will the machine last that long?
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:50:36 »

Southern Electric told me so!
I do about three... but mine is really old and i want a new one... its so loud that i think its gonna take off or explode at times, and having taken note of everyone elses this week i just want one.

Apparently the outlet are cheap cos although they are new they have a scrape on the side or a dent, i will prob get bummed but hey ho!
nochee

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 20:54:52 »

i will prob get bummed but hey ho!

Any comments?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 21:03:41 »

I think I missed that part of the post, I was in Alan Hayward "it's all a big con mode". But I think an average wash costs less than 10p. You'll save about £15 a year. Might be worth getting a more energy efficient machine as well though if energy efficiency and the climate is your thing.

Didn't know there was a place in the outlet, thought you'd been speaking to Jan. Make sure they'll take the old one away and plumb it in, unless you know someone who can do that.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 21:29:53 »

I think I missed that part of the post, I was in Alan Hayward "it's all a big con mode". But I think an average wash costs less than 10p. You'll save about £15 a year. Might be worth getting a more energy efficient machine as well though if energy efficiency and the climate is your thing.

Didn't know there was a place in the outlet, thought you'd been speaking to Jan. Make sure they'll take the old one away and plumb it in, unless you know someone who can do that.

No point plumbing the old one in, dumbass.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 22:06:39 »

oooh Weird!

Tomo i planed to spend the day looking to buy washing machine! I have been told to go to a place in the outlet village so that is my first stop in the morning... I have spent lots of time this week looking at various friends machines i still dont know what im looking for!
I don't think there is anywhere in the Outlet Village that does washing machines, at least not the last time I went down there - unless the John Lewis shop does them!
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 23:16:55 »

Just got rid of a Hotpoint which was a pain from start to finish ! Kept getting it repaired until the missus said enough is enough ! Now using a Fagor (sounds like a someone in Lord of the Rings but is a Spanish make) Had it 8 months and so far so good. 1600 spin means less soggy stuff to hang up or put in the spin dryer !................god this thread is ace !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: