Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Four signings!  (Read 13461 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 22:30:30 »

Had anyone heard of Sam Parkin before he came here? His record at both Wycombe and Northampton were poor, so what works for some players clubs might not work at others. Had you heard of Simon Cox? Michael Reddy? Diagorouga? Jerel Ifil?

No, and they turned out alright. Give these lads a chance, they might do something. Wilson isn;t going to sign any old sh*t, knowing he doesn;t have much money to play with.

Ignoring the whole we're bigger than Huddersfield debate, some good points made.

1. I'm getting bored of people saying we need to to give wilson some money. We don't have any! If you want to do what Huddersfield have done then prepare for another 15 years of shite like the last 15. Short-termism nonsense.

2. The window's not shut yet, so there still might be the more experienced player to come, especially given what DW said about being patient.

3. I don't get the problem with loan players? We've had some very good high-impact loan players, and just because they're here for a month doesn;t mean we can;t extend it or sign them permanently. I think it's a sensible approach.

4. what do people expect? We are at the bottom of league one and have a history of financial problems, why would anyone playing well in the cham[pionship/league one come and join us? We have to build steadily. Kanu sounds like he has a good pedigree, similar to cox's, wilson seems to like greer, which is good enough for me, and one of the other two scored a hat-trick last week - so what's the harm in seeing what he's got?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night.

Had anyone heard of Sam Parkin before he came here? His record at both Wycombe and Northampton were poor, so what works for some players clubs might not work at others. Had you heard of Simon Cox? Michael Reddy? Diagorouga? Jerel Ifil?

No, and they turned out alright. Give these lads a chance, they might do something. Wilson isn;t going to sign any old sh*t, knowing he doesn;t have much money to play with.

Ignoring the whole we're bigger than Huddersfield debate, some good points made.

1. I'm getting bored of people saying we need to to give wilson some money. We don't have any! If you want to do what Huddersfield have done then prepare for another 15 years of shite like the last 15. Short-termism nonsense.

2. The window's not shut yet, so there still might be the more experienced player to come, especially given what DW said about being patient.

3. I don't get the problem with loan players? We've had some very good high-impact loan players, and just because they're here for a month doesn;t mean we can;t extend it or sign them permanently. I think it's a sensible approach.

4. what do people expect? We are at the bottom of league one and have a history of financial problems, why would anyone playing well in the cham[pionship/league one come and join us? We have to build steadily. Kanu sounds like he has a good pedigree, similar to cox's, wilson seems to like greer, which is good enough for me, and one of the other two scored a hat-trick last week - so what's the harm in seeing what he's got?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night.

Ime going..been going all season...but cant say ime looking forward to it.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #106 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 22:38:49 »

We will win tomorow . The players will realise their places and careers are on the line now
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 02:28:32 »

We will win tomorow . The players will realise their places and careers are on the line now

Quite.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 07:46:14 »

Easy now bennett.

You used to much logic in that post.

Suppose itdoes bangkok

oh my, did two people nearly agree with me?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Danjackson10

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:26:43 »

i always used to sign robson kanu on fm so he must be good! that is all
Danjackson10

« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:36:26 »

Sounds like greer wants to stay longer than his initial 1 month loan! DW see's him as "Captain Material"
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:47:28 »

And kanu by the sound of it
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:59:45 »

I get the impression from the Wilson piece that Kanu will be playing instead of MacNameeeee

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:12:09 »

you're obviously a glass half empty kind of guy leefer. It's a tuesday night, chuff all on TV and we're at home with some new signings. Can't wait...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 12:32:01 »

I take it back, shameless new series starts today!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:54:37 »

I dont want to get into "I told you so" mode but.............

Fuck it. yes I do.

Greer and Robson Kanu were 2 of the best players on the pitch last night. Good Signings Danny. Keep the faith.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:57:21 »

I'd take them both on long/permanent after last night. Greer looks potentially very solid once he gets match fitness back.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:58:59 »

Agree Sutton Red.

Dont think we'll get Robson Kanu permanantly without paying quite a lot for him though
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 10:40:12 »

I dont want to get into "I told you so" mode but.............

Fuck it. yes I do.

Greer and Robson Kanu were 2 of the best players on the pitch last night. Good Signings Danny. Keep the faith.

Got to agree..very pleasently suprised...for what its worth and hindsight is good but i wouldve dropped Kanu back for Vincent,seems very happy on that left side.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 13:23:33 »

Got to agree..very pleasently suprised...for what its worth and hindsight is good but i wouldve dropped Kanu back for Vincent,seems very happy on that left side.

But Kanu was knacked by about 75 mins, he obviously is not properly match fit, I'd love to see him put in a consistent 90 mins when he is match fit, defences will struggle as he is different to Macca he does not try anything fancy, Kanu kept it simple all night and done well.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: