Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Big Chef Takes On Little Chef  (Read 5995 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 10:32:49 »

It is a very interesting program but they seem to be taking the piss out of Heston, knicking his ideas...using him purely as an advertising campaign for Little Chef....in the same situation I would have walked away.

Very interested in tonights finale.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 13:34:15 »

that menu looks just the thing to bring them up to date - The services oop North (Cumbria, Tebay) are a great example of getting it right and they've been doing it forever!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 13:38:31 »

that menu looks just the thing to bring them up to date - The services oop North (Cumbria, Tebay) are a great example of getting it right and they've been doing it forever!

Best breakfast in Britain can be found at Tebay services!!!  Get up at 6 ish, when driving up to Scotland, but stop just before you reach the promised land, for a beautiful brekkie!!!  Fantastic.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 13:58:17 »

Agree Jan,i wont stop in sevices down south at all now...pop into Marks and Sparks now and again,the services up north are alot better...my personal favourite is Westmoreland,to be honest i dont know how most of them get past health and safety.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 14:04:48 »

Agree Jan,i wont stop in sevices down south at all now...pop into Marks and Sparks now and again,the services up north are alot better...my personal favourite is Westmoreland,to be honest i dont know how most of them get past health and safety.

Northern brekkies are great, especially if they have haggis available too, although the one I had in Glasgow (which had no haggis) was awful.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 14:06:23 by janaage » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 14:08:46 »

Well most of em grow there own Haggis...can usually see it on the knives and forkes,i had a nice brekkie this morn in woolwich...bubble and squeak with two poached eggs on top,different but nice.
flammableBen

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 21:32:32 »

I've got a theory that the manager dude isn't really the head of little chef at all, he's just some homeless man pretending. The real board of little chef have no idea that Heston is there sorting out one of their restaurants.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 21:48:03 »

i wanna go on the musical toilet!
flammableBen

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 21:54:34 »

I don't. that looks terrifying
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 22:03:02 »

Northern brekkies are great, especially if they have haggis available too, although the one I had in Glasgow (which had no haggis) was awful.

I had haggis for dinner last night, yummy.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 23:10:25 »

I will await the 3 month review eagerly
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 00:25:26 »

i stopped at some services in france once, and they had this huge cooked ham with dijon sauce which they just cut asmany slices off as you wanted, served up with choice of veg and a lovely potato gratin - got the impression that the chef got up at 4, went to the local (EU subsidised) market, bought the produce he fancied having a go at that day, cooked it up and just charged 6 quid for it. bloody lovely, although the french wouldn't expect anything less, and if you tried it over here people wouldn't buy it unless it was wrapped in pastry and served with oven chips.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 01:11:23 »

French service stations are fantastic. As long as you go to a big enough station you can always get a decent meal and it's usually reasonably priced too, love those places!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 08:46:55 »

You have to pay some old lady to have a piss though...

German service stations are brilliant. Again, you have to pay to use the toilets, but you get a voucher with a barcode that can then be redeemed to the same value for any food/drink. Some of the toilets even clean themselves (seat and all!) once you're done.... mental.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 08:49:03 by LucienSanchez » Logged

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 09:16:17 »

I had haggis for dinner last night, yummy.

What make KT?  Best haggis available down here, that I've found is made by McSwegans.  Perfection!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: