Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Honda  (Read 6401 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 11:16:04 »

The Adver today says "Honda: Can it get any worse?"

Of course it bloody could, they could close the factory full stop and then Swindon would be up the spout.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 12:57:11 »

Well maybe if the car industry cut there cloth like everyone has had to do then i would sympathise as it is why dont they sell cars for half price for a year,why are they so special...no one gave a shit about the thousands of drivers in the shit when Woolies went bust...of course theres a real danger all the car industries will go bust with terrible consequences...but ironically Swindon really thrived after the railways closed...everyone thaught Swindon was finished then.
mrOG

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 13:28:40 »

The Adver today says "Honda: Can it get any worse?"

Of course it bloody could, they could close the factory full stop and then Swindon would be up the spout.

I must admit I looked at that and thought the same - same old Adver, same old sensation-grabbing-with-no-real-thought headlines....... Roll Eyes
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 14:51:21 »

Well maybe if the car industry cut there cloth like everyone has had to do then i would sympathise as it is why dont they sell cars for half price for a year,why are they so special...no one gave a shit about the thousands of drivers in the shit when Woolies went bust...of course theres a real danger all the car industries will go bust with terrible consequences...but ironically Swindon really thrived after the railways closed...everyone thaught Swindon was finished then.

The problem is that car companies don't get any money from dealerships until the cars have left the forecourt. Honda don't sell cars like a high street chain store, they sell to a middle man aka the dealer. None of us really have any idea what price cuts the manufacturers are giving the dealers and what proportion of these cuts are being passed on to the consumer.

There are quite a few good offers for new cars aboiut though aren't there?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 15:14:15 »

nothing is going to thrive for quite a while leefer, except for teso's and asda etc.and your comment about woollies is utter bollocks i'm afraid.the general public had alot of sympathy for employees who lost their jobs.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 15:20:25 by arriba » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 16:31:49 »

But no government help though eh Arriba,,,,that get offered and given to those lucky car makers on a regular basis....who wants sympathy.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 16:43:18 »

The problem is that car companies don't get any money from dealerships until the cars have left the forecourt. Honda don't sell cars like a high street chain store, they sell to a middle man aka the dealer. None of us really have any idea what price cuts the manufacturers are giving the dealers and what proportion of these cuts are being passed on to the consumer.

There are quite a few good offers for new cars aboiut though aren't there?

No....thats why they aint selling any.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 16:47:53 »

There are good offers on, but the uncertainty is so widespread nobody wants to blow 10K on a new car while their job isn't safe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 16:54:44 »

Don't really get your point anyway.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 17:56:11 »

so .... in conclusion
Honda are retaining their workers in Swindon if they want to stay
Honda are paying their workers if they want to go - similar to statutory redundancy
Honda are cunts
Honda are not cunts
There is a huge recession on
We're doomed
WW1,30's recession, WW2, Suez, Cuba, 3-day weeks, miners strikes - we're still here (just about)
All those greedy American bankers and greedy scottish bankers who fucked up are very rich
Reg is now a dumb stupid googler
Ironside has translated a right wing demagogue as being a nazi
Reg is a cunt
Sippo's got a tracker mortgage that's paying him every month
I'm a cunt
MrOG couldn't tackle a fish supper
LucienSanchez is a ladyboy
errrrr - that is all
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 18:01:40 »

so .... in conclusion
Honda are retaining their workers in Swindon if they want to stay
Honda are paying their workers if they want to go - similar to statutory redundancy
Honda are cunts
Honda are not cunts
There is a huge recession on
We're doomed
WW1,30's recession, WW2, Suez, Cuba, 3-day weeks, miners strikes - we're still here (just about)
All those greedy American bankers and greedy scottish bankers who fucked up are very rich
Reg is now a dumb stupid googler
Ironside has translated a right wing demagogue as being a nazi
Reg is a cunt
Sippo's got a tracker mortgage that's paying him every month
I'm a cunt
MrOG couldn't tackle a fish supper
LucienSanchez is a ladyboy
errrrr - that is all

I think Ironside and the Fuzzy Wuzzies would be a good name for a band
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 18:05:01 »

they could do a cover of "Wank like an Egyptian" (sp?)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 18:59:02 »

they could do a cover of "Wank like an Egyptian" (sp?)

Blitzkrieg Bop

or

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 17, 2009, 19:07:16 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: