Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Honda  (Read 6269 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:20:21 »

Fuck 'em...I if I was in their situation and I wanted (or even NEEDED) to work to make up the shortfall, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be able to stop me legally.  Temping job it would be then.

I'm a bit with Ironside here, how can they legally stop them from looking for another job?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:20:47 »

With all due respect Reg, that's not much consolation to those who are feeling it now.

FFS not like they've been completely made redundant...shit happens.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:21:04 »

So you're being paid 60% of what you're used to, which is probably not enough to cover your costs (given that most of us do not have the luxury of 40% take home pay as disposable income).  You can either sit around for 4 months watching Trisha or get out there and do something on the side that keeps the finances ticking over.

Of course Honda workers are going to try earning a little extra.  And the very best of luck to every one of them.  There but for the grace of God...
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:22:37 »

i,m more concerned about june when we are supposed to return,they said anything over 250hrs banked would mean we wouldn,t get paid for.By that time we are well over that does that mean when we go back we will have to work for nothing untill we,re under this ,it wasn,t made very clear there,s nothing to say they will even need us then, Crying they,ve got us by the balls            
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:26:54 »

Honda still have money though Johnny, therefore they can still pay and surely by law still have to pay you.

Contracts are signed for a reason mate, just go up to the Nip cunts and tell them that Swindon ain't in Japan innit.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:32:50 »

they,re changing the system to a fixed monthly payment within the banked hours,seems to me they want us to leave
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:37:34 »

Did you sign an employment contract or not? If so they can't just change it as it suits them.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:41:15 »

i,m more concerned about june when we are supposed to return,they said anything over 250hrs banked would mean we wouldn,t get paid for.By that time we are well over that does that mean when we go back we will have to work for nothing untill we,re under this ,it wasn,t made very clear there,s nothing to say they will even need us then, Crying they,ve got us by the balls            

I am so sorry Johnny
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 17:41:54 »

Of course Honda workers are going to try earning a little extra.  And the very best of luck to every one of them.  There but for the grace of God...

Amen Ardiles
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 18:02:24 »

Is the 50 or 60% their basic wage?

Might sound like a cunt, but they should base their mortgage/living around this wage then the bonuses they get are an extra...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
red_army

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 18:16:13 »

So you're being paid 60% of what you're used to, which is probably not enough to cover your costs (given that most of us do not have the luxury of 40% take home pay as disposable income).  You can either sit around for 4 months watching Trisha or get out there and do something on the side that keeps the finances ticking over.

60% of the pay is during April/May - Full basic pay is being paid during Feb/March as this will go up to the 250 hrs that are to be banked - The retrieval of the banked hours will be overtime, work 2 hrs overtime, it will reduce your minus hours owed to Honda.  Saruday working, not pay, hours reduce of the banked hours ....
No-one has mentioned that Honda is also writing off 120hrs which will not be used to be 'banked' So technically production staff are received full basic pay for 370hrs and only having to 'work' back 250hrs ....
red socks

« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 18:31:21 »

Might sound like a cunt, but they should base their mortgage/living around this wage then the bonuses they get are an extra...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing ay? How many people push things to the limit to buy the best place they can  - and indeed have been encouraged to do so?

Hope things pick up for all at Honda, I was unemployed for a while in the late 80's but that was a breeze as a single young man with no kids to support - very different situation for those with families... 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 18:45:17 »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing ay? How many people push things to the limit to buy the best place they can  - and indeed have been encouraged to do so?

Hope things pick up for all at Honda, I was unemployed for a while in the late 80's but that was a breeze as a single young man with no kids to support - very different situation for those with families... 

Well not exactly...there is family  Tax Credit. If your income drops below a certain level, then you get it made up...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 19:29:32 »

Well not exactly...there is family  Tax Credit. If your income drops below a certain level, then you get it made up...

God Bless the Labour fucking government
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 16, 2009, 19:30:44 »

Cunt

Wink

and how did you base your mortgage on your new pad ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: