Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Players needed in january  (Read 10437 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:25:06 »

Amongst all the hype surrouning a new manager i think alot of people may have missed the fact we could have fergie in charge but half the players are not good enough. I think we need a loan keeper ,centre half,right winger,controlling midfielder,and a striker.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:27:31 »

I'd say we need 2 centre halfs tbh - who can go straight in. Then a defensive midfielder - that's the 3 priorities imo.

Obviously some sort of replacement for Cox if he goes.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:30:15 »

Assuming Brez is off in January, we need:

- A 'keeper who can command his area, catch crosses and corners and kick straight
- A commanding centre half
- A combatitve/controlling central midfielder (Graham Kavanagh please)
- A proper target man who can hold the ball up
- A right winger with some pace and discipline to stay wide
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:32:35 »

I don't go to alot of games, so my question to those who go is who should we keep!?!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:33:05 »

2 centre mids,1 right mid,one left mid,2 centre halves,1 right back,1 centre forward,and a goal keeper coach(our 2 keepers demise is fucking worrying)
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:34:26 »

Assuming Brez is off in January, we need:

- A 'keeper who can command his area, catch crosses and corners and kick straight
- A commanding centre half
- A combatitve/controlling central midfielder (Graham Kavanagh please)
- A proper target man who can hold the ball up
- A right winger with some pace and discipline to stay wide

Christ, are we Chelsea? Bar the Kavanagh bit of course.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:42:28 »

Brez is off in January? where to, why would any want him he cant even get in our crappy team.

I still dont believe the players are as poor as everyone makes out. As I keep saying Sturrock had practically the same team in the top 10 last season. We've lost what? Comminges, Nicholas, Zaaboub and Mohamd?

I dont see how losing those 4 players would have turned us from top 10 to bottom 4.

Of course the obviously change is Sturrock, Blackley and Summerfield but we all already know this.

Lets worry about getting a decent manager in and see if he can get anything better out of the players first.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:49:14 »

Dv i would argue that yes he got us to top 10 but was a false position. Seriously mate most our squad would not get into alot of teams first 11.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 20:58:00 »

I wouldnt say we were in a false position under Sturrock. I think we deserved to be there.

Paul Sturrock (I do hate to keep going on about him as hes long gone) he's made a damn fine management career out of getting the best out of players.

Some of our lot dont even look like the same players. If I didnt know any better I would never have gueseds the Craig Easton of this season was the same one as last season.

Plus, if our players wont get into other teams first 11s (which on current form they wouldnt) then no one will want to take them anyway and we'd be stuck with them.

If you look at Spurs, all their players looked like no hopers who werent Premiership class, new manager and new coaches and now they look like Premiership players again.

Whilst I'd like to see some ins and outs in January I wont hold my breath as no one will take our crap players and I cant see us splashing the cash to get some more players in (seen as we wont even supposedly pay 100k for Richard Money which would be well worth it if that figure is correct imo)

Maybe 1 or 2 loan players in but that might be about it. What we really need is a manager who can get the best out of our players.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 21:21:23 »

Can someone please re-assure me that we didn't pay cash for Casal?

It was a appearance-based deal wasn't it?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 21:26:13 »

rumoured to be 80,000 + add ons

so thats about 79,999.50 too much
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 21:29:11 »

£80k? Christ alive.

I am going to investigate this.

I will be back soon.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 21:34:50 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10341~44374,00.html

doesnt mention anything about a fee there but 2 years

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=CASALKAS

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 21:35:23 »

Hi. I am back.

Here are the results of my investigation.

A Turkish side had bid €80k for him in February but this was declined (http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/2412554.0/?act=complaint&cid=1799289).

We eventually agreed to pay "a small fee" for our man (http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Casal-make-Swindon/article-252785-detail/article.html), believed to be around £35k.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 22:02:04 »

Brez is off in January? where to, why would any want him he cant even get in our crappy team.

I still dont believe the players are as poor as everyone makes out. As I keep saying Sturrock had practically the same team in the top 10 last season. We've lost what? Comminges, Nicholas, Zaaboub and Mohamd?

I dont see how losing those 4 players would have turned us from top 10 to bottom 4.

Of course the obviously change is Sturrock, Blackley and Summerfield but we all already know this.

Lets worry about getting a decent manager in and see if he can get anything better out of the players first.

You've forgotten Roberts, although inconsistent, he could win you a few games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: