Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Players needed in january  (Read 10469 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 22:39:56 »

...although I've been one of the few who has been saying good things about Vincent since he's been here. I do believe he is/was the talker and leader of the defence.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 22:40:28 »

here we go again, the classic case of saying how much we miss a player when we have a poor result, the other week it was Ifil who was massively missed, he has a shit game now Vincent will be the saviour, then it will be said that Kanyuka has to start

I think you'll find I have been very consistent with my praise of Vincent since he's been here.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 22:53:41 »

In  the case of Vincent it was easy to see how much he better he made us as a defensive unit, despite being a few inches too short (IMO) for a centre half. I said after one of our earlier home drubbings this season that we needed him back.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 22:59:36 »

i agree, put him in and i will be very suprised if we conceed a goal for the rest of the season

JPC does sarcasm?

Anyway back to Vincent, communicator or not I still say something more fundamental is amiss with our team. I'll leave it there or we'll be here all night.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 23:54:06 »

I'm obviously in the minority - I reckon out current squad is pretty good and better than we could hope for.

They regularly show that they can play decent football and compete with the best in the division, they just can't keep it up for 90 minutes often enough. The problems are solely down to the manager as far as I'm concerned.

Team selection appears to be random, there is no consistency and its not based on form. There is a complete lack of confidence, no doubt partly due to the random team selection coupled with a crap manager and a crap caretaker manager.

Tactics appear to be totally non existent, unless "go out there and do what the fuck you want" counts. Our most dangerous threat going forward is McNamee yet he is kept out of games for long periods as the ball isn't given to him - with it normally being booted aimlessly forward instead.

Get a new manager in and things will improve immediately. Whilst I've always liked and rated Byrne he has to go so there is a clean break, or a lot of the problems will remain.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 00:58:51 »

Goalie

Central Defender

Midfielder

Striker

with priority on the first two.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #36 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 06:05:24 »

I don't reckon we need a goalie. Everybody was creaming over them under Sturrock, they just need good coaching and their confidence back.

An experienced centre back and possibly captain to play along side Ifil/Kanyuka/Morrison.

A midfield 'boss', the type of player that Nalis was supposed to be.

Possible a sexy, silky skilled little centre mid who can deliver wicked killer balls, just cos I like players like that.

An out and out right winger.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 06:41:53 »

We were shit Saturday, we need an organiser in defence (Whatever your views on Vincent, the defense hasn't been as good without him and he was the talker in the back four) an enforcer in midfield and that's about it.

The Phil Smith situation is becoming hysterical. watch any game, from the Premiership down, and you'll see goalkeepers making mistakes. We're becoming fixated on the 'points he costs us', when, if the defence were doing their job, half the chances opposition players have should be snuffed out before Smith is even involved.

Both goalies looked good last season, both look shit this season. Maybe Glanville has some part in this, but the main problem, imo, is our wanky defence.

It's All Good..............
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 08:37:25 »

I think if you are thinking Roberts then think Macnamee both were / are frustrating both on their day match winners but for both it does not happen anywhere near enough.

Macnamee is becoming a luxury player, teams have worked him out now and keep him quiet and he has no idea how to get over this especially away from home.

We need a comanding centre half who is a leader and play maker in the centre of the park, and then a left sided player who can play reasonably consistent, not a winger someone that can go forward when needs be and defend when required and link up with the full back when he over laps.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #39 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 09:20:30 »

So you are suggesting that we replace arguably our most skill-full player McNamee then P2P.
Instead why not get a manager who can make him "more" consistent, even Cox seems to be losing form. And why not try to stop relying on him so heavily by getting in a right winger to give the team other options. And if the opposition have worked him and and want to double up on him then fantastic because it will leave gaps for the other players to exploit.

Let's not forget that he has proven himself in the CCC and even has some Prem experience.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #40 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 09:27:04 »

Agree about mcnamee i personally think it is down to midfielders not getting the ball to him quick enough.

We seem to be bypassing our midfield alot this season as it is and when they do get the ball often the wrong choice is made but then i suppose that happens in league 1. I know he keeps getting mentioned but someone like Kavanagh would make sure Mcnamee saw alot more of the ball.

Bangkok is spot on aswell we need a direct winger who will stretch teams, mcgovern actually played ok saturday but i dont think he scares fullbacks the way someone with pace would.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 09:36:03 »

it would help our defence out if one of our wingers could tackle...and I've never been a fan of JPM and think he would be happy to move on but at a financial loss to us unfortunately....fuck it, play a combative  ???narrow 3 and give macca a free role with licence to roam....
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 09:49:25 »

An Andrew Nicholas this season would've came in handy. underated.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 10:01:55 »

it would help our defence out if one of our wingers could tackle...and I've never been a fan of JPM and think he would be happy to move on but at a financial loss to us unfortunately....fuck it, play a combative  ???narrow 3 and give macca a free role with licence to roam....

Thats what malpas did with his 4-3.5-2.5 formation.

It rarely worked and he kopped loads of shit for it
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #44 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 10:05:09 »

An Andrew Nicholas this season would've came in handy. underated.
Agree with that
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: