Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 30886 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 18:31:04 »

morrison is deffo worth a fee.

not with only 6 months left on his contract he isnt...

I dont give a toss want Cox wants but his deal isnt up in the summer and what with us being at the bottom his value to our team is much more than his transfer value would be.

Selling him would once again highlight STFCs total lack of ambition.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 18:40:01 »

not with only 6 months left on his contract he isnt...

I dont give a toss want Cox wants but his deal isnt up in the summer and what with us being at the bottom his value to our team is much more than his transfer value would be.

Selling him would once again highlight STFCs total lack of ambition.

Our main ambition for this season was always a serious shot at the JPT, which is why MM was sacked after going out at Withdean....the league form before that was reasonable.

Think this was a reasonable strategy...after all Brighton are in the area final and they're as shit as us....should they beat Looton its Wembley and some decent $. Then you build from there...
dell boy

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 18:44:51 »

Our main ambition for this season was always a serious shot at the JPT, which is why MM was sacked after going out at Withdean....the league form before that was reasonable.

Think this was a reasonable strategy...after all Brighton are in the area final and they're as shit as us....should they beat Looton its Wembley and some decent $. Then you build from there...
I think Histon had a part in his dismissal.
You are right with your post, if we had performed at Brighton and again at Shrewsbury, one step from Wembley, we have missed out big time.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 18:46:32 »

why does 6 months left of contract have a bearing on his value dv?
if it expires then fair enough,but he'll be offered another contract or sold.
inoffthered

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 18:56:02 »

I think youll find Cox has this and 1 more year left on his contract

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 18:56:55 »

contracts are worth jack shit if the player wants away.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 18:58:25 »

This is the reality of our situation. It's all very Rory Fallon-esque - I fear the same conclusion.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 18:59:39 »

I think Histon had a part in his dismissal.
You are right with your post, if we had performed at Brighton and again at Shrewsbury, one step from Wembley, we have missed out big time.

Histon certainly didn't help, but if we'd got past Brighton MM would have been kept on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:00:14 »

why does 6 months left of contract have a bearing on his value dv?
if it expires then fair enough,but he'll be offered another contract or sold.

because in January he can talk to other clubs. If a better club talks him him and offers him a deal he isnt going to stop here is he.

of course we'll be get something from a tribunal if he lets his contract run down and leaves, but he's been here what 18 months? if that. We wont get much.

As far as I am aware, Morrison like just about everyone else has not been offered a new contract yet. Thought Fitton and Co would have learnt from last season. We waited too long to offer Comminges a new contract, if we'd offered him one in december he'd probably still be here.

Morrison wont sign a new contract and will be gone in the summer and I dont think he'll be alone in that either.

Also, Reg for once; you are talking rubbish. Our league form has been nothing short of terrible and if our main aim for this season was to win the piss poor paint pot then thats rather pathetic. I'd like to think the large majority of us would rather have a good league season than win the most pointless competition on world football.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:02:11 by DV » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:05:32 »

Don't think Reg said anything about what the majority of us want DV.

Go and eat some cake.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:10:22 »

Prior to the cup games we'd had back to back home wins, and whisper it a clean sheet, and a battling point at Scunthorpe, then top of the league...7 points from 9...reasonable form. Of course we'd all like to see something happen in the league, but given the lack of strengthening in the summer, I don't think anyone to take seriously saw us as anything other than mid table. We've got to build the club back up somehow, JPT is a good way to do it.

The thing ManUre have just won is the most pointless competition in the world, closly followed by the Setanta Shield,

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:14:26 »

if he lets his contract run down, and then fucks off then he's a cunt.and so would fitton be for letting him.
he is deffo worth money as he is better than tozer.if we get nothing or dont give him a 3 year deal minimum then that will be a fucking disgrace.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:16:10 by arriba » Logged
inoffthered

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:17:15 »

I recall DB saying that if Maynard at shit city was worth 2.5 mill what would that make Cox worth

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:18:58 »

dave byrne said we would win yesterday.
cox aint even worth 1 million.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 19:19:18 »

if he lets his contract run down, and then fucks off then he's a cunt.and so would fitton be for letting him.
he is deffo worth money as he is better than tozer.if we get nothing or little then that will be a fucking disgrace.

I agree with you. Although Morrison isnt running his contract down as such, its not like he's turned down a new contract

Still, Morrison and Kennedy have both not been offered new contract (well its certainly not been made public if they have) and neither has Macklin who has had Premiership scouts flocking to see him.

Some good potential with all 3 of those and all with 6 months left on their contract. We're going to lose out on a shed load of money.

Say what you like about Iffy but bringing Lukas Jutkiewicz into the first team slowly then offering him a 3 year deal worked out perfectly for club.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: