Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £400k a week  (Read 7464 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:39:40 »

Don't know if anyone else saw football focus last week, but they were saying that man city would pay £400k a week for the right player ie. David Villa.

Now in my eyes, no footballer in this world deserves or should be paid that amount of money! If it does happen then the world of football will start to decline. I think its scandalous. No player would turn that amount of money down.

Thoughts?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:41:50 »

Meh, the bubble will burst sooner rather than later. Let them have their fun, they'll regret it in the future.

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:42:29 »

Fucking hell thats appaling, even more so in the current financial state of the world.

Wont be long before we get the first £1mill a week player.......I remember Keane being touted as one of the first £10k a week players and the uproar back then.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:42:53 »

It's a ludicrous sum yes, but I can't see how it's so much more stupid than 150k a week for John Terry.

Footballers wages are stupidly high, we know that.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:44:53 »

Manchester City fans would stop smiling once they have to pay £100 for a matchday ticket.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 09:46:02 »

the way there going at the min Villa aint going to want to play in the championship is he! Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:01:42 »

Football has already been ruined by money. Look at the likes of Bournemouth, Luton, Rotherham, Wimbledon, us (although we got lucky), Oxfrod, there's too many to mention!

There are going to be a few teams going under in the next few years and whilst these Premiership clubs are getting more money than they can handle it won't be any of them.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:09:08 »

I'm a firm beleiver of pay as you play and performance related wages. Obviously have a standard rate, but then get paid for playing. You see players, like Owen for example, gets injured and just collects his £100k+ a week for doing nothing.

There are people out there struggling to make ends meet, yet these players are raking it in.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:22:22 »

See it things like this that get my back up:

Injury-hit West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer, who last played competitively in August 2007, has had to put his long-awaited comeback on hold - because of flu.

Lumps

« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:41:53 »

Here's a list of a couple of thousand people with personal fortunes ranging from £40m upto £27,700m.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/rich_list_search/

Are they any more deserving of their money? What about the Duke of Westminster who's "talent" was to be his Dad's oldest son and consequently inherit significant chunks of Central and West London. OK he's managed to invest the huge fortune he inherited in more property and make even more money, but I think most of us would have managed that.

I'd rather have John Terry pocketing that £7.5m to £8m a year rather than it sitting around in Roman's bank account earning him even more money.
Lumps

« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:46:32 »

I'm a firm beleiver of pay as you play and performance related wages. Obviously have a standard rate, but then get paid for playing. You see players, like Owen for example, gets injured and just collects his £100k+ a week for doing nothing.

There are people out there struggling to make ends meet, yet these players are raking it in.

So presumably you think that anyone that is injured at work should have their salary stopped?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:48:04 »

Capped.

Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:49:01 »

Here's a list of a couple of thousand people with personal fortunes ranging from £40m upto £27,700m.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/rich_list_search/

Are they any more deserving of their money? What about the Duke of Westminster who's "talent" was to be his Dad's oldest son and consequently inherit significant chunks of Central and West London. OK he's managed to invest the huge fortune he inherited in more property and make even more money, but I think most of us would have managed that.

I'd rather have John Terry pocketing that £7.5m to £8m a year rather than it sitting around in Roman's bank account earning him even more money.

The difference is that most people on that list are actually wealth creators and provide jobs for people. John Terry doesn't.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:51:53 »

Footballer's don't earn their full salary whilst they have a long term injury. Just like most normal jobs, pay from your employer will stop after x many months and after then insurance payments will start. Insurance generally only pays around 65% of earnings up to £50,000 a year and then 33% of earnings above £50,000, so footballers will only be receiving about a third of their normal pay.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:54:49 »

Footballer's don't earn their full salary whilst they have a long term injury. Just like most normal jobs, pay from your employer will stop after x many months and after then insurance payments will start. Insurance generally only pays around 65% of earnings up to £50,000 a year and then 33% of earnings above £50,000, so footballers will only be receiving about a third of their normal pay.
Shit, so Keiron Dyer's only getting about 20-30k a week? The poor lamb, how ever is he managing?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: