Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £400k a week  (Read 7462 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:55:55 »

How Kieron Dyer gets paid so much is one of worlds great mysteries.

The bloke is fucking shit.
Lumps

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:56:29 »

The difference is that most people on that list are actually wealth creators and provide jobs for people. John Terry doesn't.

Oh the people that OWN stuff are the wealth creators are they?

Stupid me I always thought that the wealth creators were the people that actually did the work to produce, distribute and exchange goods?

How could Karl and Fred have got it all so wrong?

Why is it when you people get worked up about the economic inequities of our society you always pick on working class people that have done well for themselves and are earning good money? TV presenters, sports stars, pop stars and models you fucking hate them.

But the people who make their money out of the profits that YOU generate through your labour you seem to regard as selfless benefactors.

Roman Abramaovich as a "wealth creator"? Do me a fucking favour.

« Last Edit: Friday, December 19, 2008, 11:04:11 by Lumps » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:57:52 »

There is a greater demand for talented footballers than there is supply. If teams want their man and pay over the odds then they do what's best for themselves.

The problem is that teams are willing to spend stupid amounts of money to pay for players, in order to be the best they can possibly be.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 11:08:04 »

No Lumps.

Take a look at No. 92 on that list:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/article3759032.ece

He didn't "own stuff" when he started off, but now he does. Because he worked hard, had a bit of business acumen and created several companies, he now employs thousands of people who enjoy jobs and a salary.  They wouldn't have those jobs if it wasn't for him.

He is a wealth creator. If he hasn't got working class roots then you must have one fucked up definition of "working class".

Oh and I bet if you look up the details of most of the TV presenters at the BBC you'll find that they overwhelmingly have amiddle class backround.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 19, 2008, 11:11:08 by Ironside » Logged

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 11:10:17 »

thing is its all relative, when you are used to a certain standard it can be tough to change, i couldnt live on mr villas wage.
Lumps

« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 11:57:00 »

Oh and I bet if you look up the details of most of the TV presenters at the BBC you'll find that they overwhelmingly have amiddle class backround.

I was thinking specifically of one Mr J Ross, who always seems to be the example dragged out by outraged Daily Mail readers.

And I didn't argue that every capitalist in the world had inherited their wealth. I simply pointed out that the wealth of any capitalist (that is the class of people that OWN the means of production, distribution and exchange) is accrued from profit (that being the difference between the cost of a product in the market and the costs in terms of raw materials and labour to produce, distribute and sell that product). So they "earn" their money on the basis that they own the factory, offices, distribution network, shops etc, rather than through being involved directly in making or selling anything.

That's not an opinion, it's a statement of fact. How they got to own those things in the first place is a whole other issue. But for every Alan Sugar you're going to find a whole fucking load of Lord Sainsbury's, or Viscount Portman's.

And the argument that without a specific capitalist the jobs of all his employees would disappear is utterly fatuous.You clearly seem to think that a market economy is a good thing, and that it works (despite all the recent evidence to the contrary). Given that, you presumably think that all production is driven by demand (although actually it's driven by the pursuit of profit and the two aren't always the same thing). Any free marketeer would argue that if Amstrad hadn't been making shitty word processors throughout the 1980's and '90's, some other fucker would have been, and they'd have had to employ someone to build, ship and flog the bastards. It may not have been the same people in the some location, but the jobs would still have existed.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 12:59:39 »

It's entertainment for fucksake they entertain the same way a film start entertains. What fucks me off is the footballer is the one who gets the abuse for getting paid so much.. Who in their right mind would turn it down?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:14:08 »

It doesn't bother me how much players get.

The real issue is clubs spending more money than they can afford, ending up in administration or folding. If some billionaire wants to piss his money away with a football club then that's up to them, provided the shit doesn't hit the fan when they lose interest or demand their money back.

The football authorities need to put strong rules in place that stop clubs from running up debt they can't afford to service. The strong punishments for going in to administration in the Football League are a good start, but they need to get a lot tougher and apply it to every club.

There needs to be a lot more openness about money in the game as well - full and detailed accounts for clubs, transfer fees and contracts being common knowledge (or known to the football authorities at least) and clubs should be made to prove their financial stability before the start of every season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:27:18 »

clubs should be made to prove their financial stability before the start of every season.
How would they do this?
Who would judge whether or not they were stable, given the uncertainty of the economies from which their investors' money is derived?
What would be the punishments for being judged to be instable? We would have been judged to have been instable for the past few years atleast, but we came through it...
Lumps

« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 18:13:05 »

How Kieron Dyer gets paid so much is one of worlds great mysteries.

The bloke is fucking shit.

No he isn't, or a succession on PL managers woudn't have signed him, and a string of Enland managers wouldn't have picked him.

He just very injury prone and has now reached the atage in his career, a bit like Robbie Fowler, when no ones going to take the chance on him when his current contracts up.
Spencer_White

« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 21:34:15 »

Been thinking about this a lot recently.

Money ruined football in about 1997.

By then the financial incentives of football started to greatly outway the prestige of winning anything.

Back in the late 80's footballers were well paid, but the main incentives were FA Cup finals and the like. Now its money.

Footballs only hope is that internet TV ruins the value of TV rights. In the mean time Im quite happy to watch stupid rich foreigners waste their money in the UK.
flammableBen

« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 21:41:52 »

Anybody who's got sky (or has done in the past) should hang their heads in shame. Your fault you cunts.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 22:28:38 »

Fuck that - their coverage is great - much better than the beeb Smiley

Wise men say........
nochee

« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 22:41:04 »

I think so too. I get to watch all the Prem league live on sky Italy.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 22:45:41 »

Prem players wages in particular have been obscene for years. Being a closet communist i'm in clover with the current problems, as capitalism is fucked, and therefore not just footballers but people i've never known what they do, will shortly find the days of stupid money for stupid people is coming to an end. Long live Lenin (except he's dead obv)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: