Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Y'all be up late.  (Read 4166 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 02:37:46 »

Unlucky davey boy I played for Bath RFC and oxfordshire in cricket, rugby and football.

goal in the football by the way.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 02:44:56 »

by the way are you taking the piss out of me going to football with my dad? is it not down with the kids?
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 02:46:02 »

I had fun when I was at uni in Exeter. Full of the cunts who couldn't get into the better uni's even though their parents had wasted loads of money on them. They all joined the Rugby teams of course, and how they loved their drinking games, which either end up with them getting pissed really quickly and going home, or conveniently pacing their drinks so they're drinking slower than everybody else.

Before I knew they were all cunts, and still trying to make new friends during the early months in my first year. I bumped into Pisshead Dan. Dan was actually a nice chap when you got him on his own. He was from Oxford and we had a bit of banter about it even though he knew nothing about football. He'd got the name "Pisshead" from his new rugby mates because he'd been the only one to pass the initiation drinking without puking (the night out bit, not day before when they make everybody eat dog/cat food. What is it with public school kids and the need to make everybody eat petfood?)

Anyhoo you can see where this is going. I drank him under the table blah blah blah brag brag. But I didn't even know it was a competition. He bought me a pint and I bought him one back, I thought we were just doing rounds. Then he crawled under the table and was sick on my feet. Good times.

DMR

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 02:49:29 »

I had fun when I was at uni in Exeter. Full of the cunts who couldn't get into the better uni's even though their parents had wasted loads of money on them. They all joined the Rugby teams of course, and how they loved their drinking games, which either end up with them getting pissed really quickly and going home, or conveniently pacing their drinks so they're drinking slower than everybody else.

Before I knew they were all cunts, and still trying to make new friends during the early months in my first year. I bumped into Pisshead Dan. Dan was actually a nice chap when you got him on his own. He was from Oxford and we had a bit of banter about it even though he knew nothing about football. He'd got the name "Pisshead" from his new rugby mates because he'd been the only one to pass the initiation drinking without puking (the night out bit, not day before when they make everybody eat dog/cat food. What is it with public school kids and the need to make everybody eat petfood?)

Anyhoo you can see where this is going. I drank him under the table blah blah blah brag brag. But I didn't even know it was a competition. He bought me a pint and I bought him one back, I thought we were just doing rounds. Then he crawled under the table and was sick on my feet. Good times.

Yes but you've picked out one example for the rugby club, everyone knows rugby club members are mugs. On the other hand cricket/golf/footy clubs are obviosuly brilliant and would drink you under the table.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 02:50:50 »

so which one am i lying dave? im intrigued to find out which one is bollocks? im sure if you could bring yourself to ask my uncool father he would back me up.

I normally pay for my dad dave.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 02:55:38 »

silence from dave?

hope you do well in your test at 9am tomorrow.
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:01:46 »

It was a while ago, but from what I remember. The footy club was pretty quiet on it's nights out, but I had a mate who'd had trials for southampton who quit because it was ran as a Rugby Team side project, and you didn't get a place above the 4th/5ths unless you knew someone / had played in one of the rugby teams

Don't know if there was a golf club club, I presume they had the dignity to keep themselves quiet.

I knew two people who both quit the cricket team, although for separate reasons. One dude who was a Sikh, and didn't feel comfortable with the drinking culture and got frozen out. Another mate who just thought they were all knobs, I think he had represented Wales at some youth level. I was under the impression that he was pretty good anyway. I don't know much about cricket though.

Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:04:19 »

uni rugby teams are cunts full stops. all other uni clubs/societies are cunts, unless you are part of them
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:08:03 »

dave, never claimed to be a great sportsmen, however i did play for Bath and i did represent my county in 3 different sports, what went wrong? Nothing went wrong, it bored me. Started playing for Bath and 99% of the people there took the piss because i was from swindon. couldnt be fucking bothered.

The choice between running round a freezing cold rugby pitch in winter or doing a pill and going to see the roses at the bierkellar with some fit bird from marlborough was  not a tough call.

flammableBen

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:08:18 »

I'm not actually sure what I'm getting at to be honest. Possibly all the sports teams that I ever had any contact with were very up themselves for the wrong reasons. I guess the rugby (and maybe the cricket team, I know fuck all about cricket) are suffering from the professionalism of their sports. If the top players of these uni teams were any good then the players wouldn't be at uni.

I guess it's tough on them that they've become more pathetic than they were before. Now they're not even that good at the sport they like to build they're culture around.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:09:18 »

why you deleting your posts dave?
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:09:45 »

I'm from Marlborough (sort of) which fit bird did you shag? I suppose she's gonna be knocking on a bit but I'd love to smash a Mex Red reject.
DMR

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:11:08 »

why you deleting your posts dave?

read 'em back. decided my being drunkenly obtuse for the sake of it wasn't really that great.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:11:25 »

dream on sunshine. if she was a football team shes real madrid to your oxford.
DMR

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 03:13:26 »

I'm not actually sure what I'm getting at to be honest. Possibly all the sports teams that I ever had any contact with were very up themselves for the wrong reasons. I guess the rugby (and maybe the cricket team, I know fuck all about cricket) are suffering from the professionalism of their sports. If the top players of these uni teams were any good then the players wouldn't be at uni.

I guess it's tough on them that they've become more pathetic than they were before. Now they're not even that good at the sport they like to build they're culture around.

I've got no idea what you're on about either.

The not-that-good argument doesn't stack up thoug, purely based on down here, the first XI cricketers would walk into any county side, the first XI footballers would walk into any League 2 (maybe 1 side) and I'm the "worst golfer" in our team and I play off 5.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: