Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colin Calderwood  (Read 34874 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:44:02 »

If Fitton forces any new appointment to keep Byrne/Williams, i'll be a bit miffed.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:21:38 »

Its ok, everyone ignore the fact his managerial record is mediocre.

He used to be really good when he played for us so hes guaranteed to be a roaring sucess here

The TEF plumbs the depths of thisis.

As I've said if it does turn out to be him I'll give him my full backing and hope that he does the business here.  But personally I dont understand the need / want to appoint former players. Candidates like Holloway / Dowie would still galvanise the fan base.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:24:56 »

Most northampton and forest fans dont rate him, despite their success. That seems odd

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:28:08 »

Most northampton and forest fans dont rate him, despite their success. That seems odd

No not odd, that seems concerning.

As I said before, wouldn't be my choice over Ollie, but it's not my choice. I'd certainly not moan about it.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:29:22 »

Indeed. And why is that?

Its because he spent a lot of money at both clubs and struggled to get promoted.  
fatbury

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:32:20 »

well with Keane set to take over at Forest I can see it being Colin as manager now ... I have some reservations but as he was such a legend I reckon he will do better here than at his other teams and he did pretty well all told ... Im just looking forward to a manager I can really get behind .. Id prefer if it was without Byrne but it doesnt appear that way ... but Ill still get really behind Calderwood more than I ever could Malpas
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:32:28 »

I'd be happy with CC. FFS. Some people won't be happy with whoever we get. CC's record is pretty damn good actually.
fatbury

« Reply #112 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:34:17 »

I also look forward to singing the Colin Calderwood song Smiley
flammableBen

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:36:59 »

Indeed. And why is that?

Its because he spent a lot of money at both clubs and struggled to get promoted.  

I hear this bounded about a lot, but I don't know any Northampton or Forest fans. Is he really disliked at both clubs, and is the spending too much money thing really a factor?

Taking too long to get "a big club" promoted, I can understand. But it seems odd to dislike a manager for using the resources available. It seems an odd criticism.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:37:57 »

His record is good if you look at it in isolation on paper.  But is taking 2 years to get a club with a strikeforce they paid about £3m for out of league 1 really that much of an achievment?

I'm coming across as very anti CC, when I'm not.  

Its just annoying me that loads of you will just accept him without analysis because he is an all time great STFC player. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ABILITY AS A MANAGER
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:39:05 »

His record is good if you look at it in isolation on paper.  But is taking 2 years to get a club with a strikeforce they paid about £3m for out of league 1 really that much of an achievment?

Its just annoying me who loads of you will just accept him without analysis because he is an all time great STFC player. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ABILITY AS A MANAGER
Most people have been justifying appointing him because of 2 promotions, not because he was a good player
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:41:10 »

I hear this bounded about a lot, but I don't know any Northampton or Forest fans. Is he really disliked at both clubs, and is the spending too much money thing really a factor?

Taking too long to get "a big club" promoted, I can understand. But it seems odd to dislike a manager for using the resources available. It seems an odd criticism.

Its not critising him for spending money, any manager would given the chance (apart from Wenger!)

The critisim is that he had more transfer funds than the rest of the league put together (bar leeds) and still made a bit of a struggle of it.

Does that bode well if he is our new manager where he'll get limited funds at best?  not really
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:42:05 »

Its just annoying me that loads of you will just accept him without analysis because he is an all time great STFC player. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ABILITY AS A MANAGER

Still got them promoted though didn't he? And he's never failed to finish in the top 6 with Northampton or Forest (this season aside obviously). You won't find much better out there tbh.
flammableBen

« Reply #118 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:42:24 »

Saying people are just accepting him without analysis, purely because they disagree with your analysis is bit arrogant isn't it.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 13:42:52 »

Most people have been justifying appointing him because of 2 promotions, not because he was a good player

Round and round we go. Now look at how he managed those promotions. spending more money than everone esle.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: