Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colin Calderwood  (Read 34882 times)
footballinsider

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 09:59:03 »

Reports from the Forest end too.

My tip is looking good and it sounds like a nice little Christmas earner coming my way
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:00:19 »

Reports from the Forest end too.

My tip is looking good and it sounds like a nice little Christmas earner coming my way

How are you a football insider?

It's All Good..............
Brian Clough

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:03:23 »

Thought you might like to see this.

http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=134292

I might be going out on a limb with this one folks and setting the site up for a mighty fall, but we are led to believe that manager Colin Calderwood has resigned his position and will take up the post as manager of League 1 side Swindon Town.

News of Calderwoods' imminent departure has been doing the rounds for well over a week now, but from what we have been told, he has resigned his post as manager of Nottingham Forest.

It's believed that Swindon and Forest have come to an agreement, where he will join the Wiltshire club immediately and will not be getting any payoff from the Reds'.

As for his replacement, the deal to bring in Big Sam Allardyce as manager may not be as dead as we think it is. Talks are ongoing and he's still top of the most wanted list as far as Forest are concerned.

There's been no news from the club concerning the future of CC and they have at no stage confirmed or denied any of the rumours surrounding him. Calderwood has been at the City Ground since 2006, coming from Northampton Town, where he had just won promotion to League 1. Although he won promotion to the Championship last season with the Reds' at the second attempt, he's found the step up a difficult one.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:06:20 »

I hope that the above is true.

I would love to have our very own Captain Fantastic back at the club and I hope he'll be successful.

I also hope he'll be given some time to get it right.

Brian Clough

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:09:10 »

I would love to have our very own Captain Fantastic back at the club and I hope he'll be successful.

I'm probably in the minority amongst Forest fans but I'll be sad to see him go. Ok, he has found the step up to the Championship tough but given time, I'm sure he would come to terms with it. If this is true and I'm starting to believe it more and more then make no mistake, he will do a decent job in League One for your boys. His tactics can be erratic at times, his style of play may not be pretty but he will get you results over time.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:09:36 »

Oh Colin Colin. Colin, Colin, Colin, Colin, Calderwood!!!

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:10:59 »

I'm probably in the minority amongst Forest fans but I'll be sad to see him go. Ok, he has found the step up to the Championship tough but given time, I'm sure he would come to terms with it. If this is true and I'm starting to believe it more and more then make no mistake, he will do a decent job in League One for your boys. His tactics can be erratic at times, his style of play may not be pretty but he will get you results over time.

That's him fucked then.

We demand instant success.

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:11:44 »

my only worry is a former favourite coming back and getting it wrong and then fans jump on his back etc.

Ok he'll need time to sort things out and get things going his way but i'd hate for CC to be subjected to abuse etc.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:13:17 »

I used to speak to CC's brother in law all the time up the pub, typical that now it'd be useful to have a chat, to get the low down, I ain't seen him for ages.
Brian Clough

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:14:24 »

i'd hate for CC to be subjected to abuse etc.

Don't feel too bad about it fella, Colin's used to abuse from fans  Soapy Tit Wank
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:14:48 »

my only worry is a former favourite coming back and getting it wrong and then fans jump on his back etc.

Ok he'll need time to sort things out and get things going his way but i'd hate for CC to be subjected to abuse etc.

I see your point, but surely he'd be given some time? Most fans would want him to succeed, which is a definite advantage over Malpas and a lot of the potential candidates this time round.

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:15:48 »

Don't feel too bad about it fella, Colin's used to abuse from fans  Soapy Tit Wank

not when he was once a town favourite and is still regarded as such in many eyes.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:17:47 »

Calderwood is a legend.

Not a minor legend, like Super Sammy, or Luc Niholt, but a full-on Swindon Great.

If this is true, I would be very happy.

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:17:52 »

I see your point, but surely he'd be given some time? Most fans would want him to succeed, which is a definite advantage over Malpas and a lot of the potential candidates this time round.

good point. Hadn't looked at it from that view. I'd love to see him succeed and like you say fans would be right behind him because of his connections to the club from when he was here.
Maybe after a bit of thinking it could be a huge lift for STFC.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 10:18:37 »

Many eyes?  All eyes surely, my dour/sour note comment earlier was said tongue in cheek, I think everyone would welcome CC home!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: