Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colin Calderwood  (Read 34839 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 10:23:19 »

Ah, I get you now.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 10:59:50 »

This is still completely wide open so here's my take on the situation

-3 candidates identified and permission given by their repsective clubs to talk to them
-Interviews conducted for all 3 and all 3 are still in contention
-All 3 clubs are contacted and asked about their respective compensation requirments
-1 Club comes back and give a price outside our range - 1 candidate ruled out
-Yesterdays conference confirms that we have identified our man because they fit the bill and the compo is within our budget so now down to personal terms and legalities

Of all three, Speed's contract is likely to deman higher compo and so is likely to be the one ruled out (God I hope I'm right)

So this still leaves Money and Calderwood...

I can't see Fitton passing up the chance for Calderwood - it's too good to be true - I seriously hope I'm right

Edit:  Additionally, Forest have been too quiet about the whole situation and, although there have been reports in local Nottingham rags regarding money being available for the January transfer window, there are no direct quotes from their chairman that Calderwood will be there to spend it...
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 11:07:21 by triseros » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 11:14:48 »

Edit:  Additionally, Forest have been too quiet about the whole situation and, although there have been reports in local Nottingham rags regarding money being available for the January transfer window, there are no direct quotes from their chairman that Calderwood will be there to spend it...
Quite, it's precisely the kind of thing chairmen say to give the impression of backing their man without having to do the "dreaded vote of confidence" thing. And quite apart from anything else, as I said when we had a similar statement recently in terms of Byrne being given the green light to identify transfer targets, of course they have to start doing that now, even if they're not going to be in charge come January. If you don't do your groundwork in December, any new guy here or at Forest is going to be screwed in January because he'll be starting the transfer window race several weeks behind everyone else
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 11:33:16 »

Basically it still could be anyone and you've got to congratulate the board for keeping this so close to their chest.... its like a blimin' soap opera at the County Ground

[url width=625 height=335]http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo177/archstanton1973/townenders.jpg[/url]

I believe that it could be Calderwood but you never know, we've just been bandying around the same names back and forth throughout this thread and the Black Ice Sheena one but any of you reckon it still could be anyone way out of left field and no-one that we've thought of yet....Huh? I mean, they've kept the secret this long.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 11:54:39 »

I suppose in a way it is better to do it this way than end up dissapointing the fans.

Remember a while back when our manager at the time kept blurting out that we are chasing this player and chasing that player and we dicussed how good he'd be and then he'd end up signing for Southend or Aberdeen instead of us.

In a way, this secrecy is kind of good, if not a tad boring.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:01:06 »

It's scarely professional of them - they are only giving away details that cannot identify a single individual thus leaving us speculate the candidate
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:05:26 »

whilst reading this and laughing at us all!!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:08:44 »

Enter stage left our new Manager of Italian origin Morissio Malpassio
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:10:34 by triseros » Logged
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:12:16 »

They're not going to name the manager until 14.45 on Saturday.

They're going to bring the guy (or gal, it still could be Sheena) into the centre circle shrouded with a huge blanket over their head. (Perhaps a STFC Duvet cover from the shop, what an eyesore that is)

There's going to be big dramatic music and Fitton is going to be carried onto the pitch by the ball boys whilst sat in a huge gilded throne.

He's then going to announce on the microphone - "I present - Your Manager!!!!" and he'll tug the blanket off to reveal the new man.....followed by a glorious firework display from the Stratton Bank.

Lets hope we don't all go "who the fuck is that?"

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:14:14 »

What, like we did when they unveilled Malpas?!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:15:24 »

What, like we did when they unveilled Malpas?!

yep, but with more fireworks and pizazzzz.....

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:15:43 »

They're not going to name the manager until 14.45 on Saturday.

They're going to bring the guy (or gal, it still could be Sheena) into the centre circle shrouded with a huge blanket over their head. (Perhaps a STFC Duvet cover from the shop, what an eyesore that is)

There's going to be big dramatic music and Fitton is going to be carried onto the pitch by the ball boys whilst sat in a huge gilded throne.

He's then going to announce on the microphone - "I present - Your Manager!!!!" and he'll tug the blanket off to reveal the new man.....followed by a glorious firework display from the Stratton Bank.

Lets hope we don't all go "who the fuck is that?"

So our new manager is a member of the KKK?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:16:59 »

So our new manager is a member of the KKK?

Yes, STFC Duvets are quite in fashion as hoods in my chapter... Wink
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:18:30 »

I can remember trying to get the name of the new manager before Malpas was announced (My sister knew but wouldn't disclose it)... to be honest even if she had told me point blank I wouldn't have had a clue and a would have thought she had made the name up just to confuse me...
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:23:10 »

I had heard of him as player... I had vague recollections of him playing for Scotland in Spain 82 etc.... but I must say I was gutted with him as an appointment.

This is what worries me that the new man could be someone that we still havent thought of!  Chris Waddle for example. (What a shite time he had as manager of Burnley)

There must be literally dozens of ex-players/managers outside our sphere of discussion that fit the cryptic clues that Fitton has given us. Can't think of any obviously.... but there must be some.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:25:34 by Arch Stanton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: