Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon v Posh matchday thread  (Read 26327 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:42:21 »

really poor game for a 2 - 2 draw our midfield was non existent . I thought kanyuka and aljofree did well as did cox and timlin but apart from that the rest looked lethargic second to everything, it would have been harsh on them if they had lost.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:43:16 »

Any news on Barry Corr? Thisis believes it's a slight knock. If there is such a thing with Corr.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:44:12 »

Third 2-2 draw in a row, at least we get entertained I suppose.

Our defending still terrifies me.
lambourn red

« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:44:37 »

H
Any news on Barry Corr? Thisis believes it's a slight knock. If there is such a thing with Corr.
he got a knock on his calf saturday, so was rested tonight
Rich Pullen

« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:48:09 »

Last 5 league games

2-0
3-3
2-2
2-2
2-2

We're consistant.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:52:12 »

On their 1st the ref tapped his arm then waved play on. Wtf is that about
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:54:03 »

Draw seemed a fair result tonight for me.  We had a couple of good chances and they bossed the midfield.  Peacock and Pook were cumbersome, gave them too much room and generally looked frightened to get on the ball, probably a game for someone like Nalis to start on reflection because it wasn't really a battling midfield they had.

Paynter looked well off the pace as well.

Our 2nd goal will be worth watching again.  I can sympathise with their reaction because I failed to celebrate at first, assuming the linseman was about to put the flag up.

Thought J Smith had a blinder until he allowed himself to be easily turned for their 2nd goal, but even after that you still can't do an awful lot about the strike.  9 times out of 10 it goes wide or over or at the keeper.

Thought their front 2 looked good, which is no suprise, but they didn't release them enough.

Agree with all the points - I thought i saw two stunning goals tonight in our well worked first goal and their second, no keeper could of stopped that!

I did think that Cox was offside and i wouldnt mind seeing it again.

Midfield for town seemed weak tonight and as much as i love him Peacks was shit and constantly gave the ball away and was followed by Pook who despite his recent games looked like his old self, i hope they start playing better again.

Paynter was poor and his usual game of holding the ball up was missing and he didnt seem able to put his foot on the ball.

Cox ran around but went to ground far too easily tonight and i feel the ref got pissed off in the end and gave him nothing.

Defence was the usual panic stations especially when we were 2-1 up.

Timlin played well and seems to be making the position his own.

Smith didnt flap too much and made a couple of brave saves but didnt get near that super strike from Batt (who could).

I thought you could see how Peterborough are near the top as they played quick slick football but without much penetration.  They didnt deserve to win it and we didnt deserve to lose!

Roll on Walsall - i have a good feeling about it!!

Clems Army!
STFC Village

« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:54:12 »

Was anyone else baffled by Timlin getting MOTM? Thought he was dire 2nd half.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:55:42 »

I did think that Cox was offside and i wouldnt mind seeing it again.

Cox was offside, but the deflection came off a Peterborough player, no?

One good goal and one dodgy goal apiece tonight.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 22:56:19 »

On their 1st the ref tapped his arm then waved play on. Wtf is that about

Looked defo handball to me...the whole fucking county ground screamed handball!

Clems Army!
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:03:34 »

I thought Smith was very slow off his line when their winger managed to take it round him. He recovered because the winger decided to cross rather than shoot, but Smith still doesn't fill me with confidence

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:07:12 »

I couple of winters ago I went to Ashton Gate with the missus and at least 5 times everyone around me screamed handball when it clearly wasn't.

In our case it definately was handball Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:16:09 »

Another blatant hanball at the start when the boro defender hit the ball down with his arm when it flicked up off his foot.

Clems Army!
DMR

« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:19:20 »

I have no idea about the game, all I will say is I'm SO FUCKED OFF with our wanky defence, it's driving me up the wall. Thank god for Cox's goals and our half-decent forwards or we'd be halfway to L2 by now. FFS sort these goals out we're conceding so so so so so so so so many costly goals at bad times.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:22:50 »

Rob's words of wisdom sum it up for me. We looked disinterested, central midfield two not as commanding in recent weeks and continually looking for a long ball that wasn't there. Pook was utter tripe tonight compared to his last few performances, but Nalis looked equally as poor when he came on.

Paynter looked shattered, would have liked to have seen joyce really.

Back four looked ok - kanyuka keeps letting the ball drop , which makes me nervous. Stong in the air though, Hasney likewise. Smith played well, bit slow to react for their second but a great strike. Brez might have reached it but like Rich P said, 9 times out of 10 they hit the stratton bank. Still, feel slightly miffed that they scored with pretty much the two shots they had.

no Ifil baffled me, given their quick attack. And why no easton?

I thought tonight highlighted byrne's limitations. Passion is one thing, tactical nous is another and Posh were there for the taking...

Quote from: RobertT on Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:31:50

Draw seemed a fair result tonight for me.  We had a couple of good chances and they bossed the midfield.  Peacock and Pook were cumbersome, gave them too much room and generally looked frightened to get on the ball, probably a game for someone like Nalis to start on reflection because it wasn't really a battling midfield they had.

Paynter looked well off the pace as well.

Our 2nd goal will be worth watching again.  I can sympathise with their reaction because I failed to celebrate at first, assuming the linseman was about to put the flag up.

Thought J Smith had a blinder until he allowed himself to be easily turned for their 2nd goal, but even after that you still can't do an awful lot about the strike.  9 times out of 10 it goes wide or over or at the keeper.

Thought their front 2 looked good, which is no suprise, but they didn't release them enough.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: