Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Central Ward Councillor's view of CG redevelopment......  (Read 4652 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:05:24 »

but the other stands will be joined at the corners a bit like the riverside staduim am i right JT?
JTomlinson

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:09:48 »

It was an option they were looking at.  Guess it depends on costs?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:13:31 »

In relation to the Stratton End... They can have a roof, but it will could only remain a small stand otherwise there will be potential planning issues in relation to the houses behind the stand.

was it Portsmouth (i forget exactly) who redeveloped there ground but actually turned there pitch around 180deg. i.e rotate ours and build onto the cricket pitch.

but then thinking of this it would mean a higher stand being built near to where the stratton is now so the residents wont like that straight away.
And also the North stand going.
so all in all a really crap idea by me. :x

oh bollox it's nearlly the weekend

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:15:32 »

Quote from: "Rich"
that sounds about right. what about the cricket and athletics club are they still moving elsewhere?

At a guess, I'd say yes. I assume this is all being funded by a developer (St Modwen). I doubt the developer will do it for the love of STFC, so they need to do 'something else' besides redeveloping the CG to make some money.  So I guess some of the usage of this space will be non STFC related (directly)?

Would this be a correct view or total bollards?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:16:00 »

it was bournemouth who rotated their pitch magic. i thought about that being done at the CG but i dont think it would make a difference really
JTomlinson

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:21:35 »

Quote from: "Batch"

I assume this is all being funded by a developer (St Modwen). I doubt the developer will do it for the love of STFC, so they need to do 'something else' besides redeveloping the CG to make some money.  So I guess some of the usage of this space will be non STFC related (directly)?

Would this be a correct view or total bollards?

This is something the club is still working out, hence the delay.

It will probably be a combination of a developer and the club, so you are probably right.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:22:03 »

it was bournemouth who rotated their pitch magic. i thought about that being done at the CG but i dont think it would make a difference really

i knew it was a south coast club.

the real stumbling block here is the residents on Shrivenham Rd (sp)
they don't want a stand too high cos of sun light not getting through.

A relocation onto the Athletics track would be better.
Then where the CC is at the moment could be turned into a comunity sports centre which could also incorporate indoor training facilities for STFC, public swimming pool, tennis courts etc.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 13:18:50 »

Cheesy  If you rotated 180 degrees the Stratton Bank would be where the Town End is now and vice versa
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 13:33:11 »

I think we should rotate 340 degrees anti clockwise around the magic roundabout.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 14:20:34 »

Wish the council could just take out a compulsory purchase order on those bloody houses, and get rid of them! Obviously no chance of that happening. Theres hardly any light down there anyway with massive trees obstructing, and at least they'd be protected from the sun if stratton bank could be redeveloped Wink .
STFCDude

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 20:45:25 »

they should rotate 90 degrees to be honest, as it would stop the sunlight glaring directly into the keeper standing at the Stratton Bank end
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: