Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dead wood  (Read 5404 times)
sonic youth

« on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:10:35 »

why are mcgovern and aljofree constantly selected?

mcgovern is lazy, disinterested and one dimensional. he doesn't move into space, come short, look for the ball when it's played to him. we might as well have had roberts on the right today, he would have been as (in)effective.

aljofree was at fault for their first goal today. his howlers against leeds were worse than jerel's. his captaincy style is to blame the rest of his defence. as a captain he is a disgrace but why is he even in the team?

we should cut our losses with players like kanyuka and corr who are constantly injured / can't string a series of games together. we can't improve the team with injury prone players.

why persevere with macca in games where he is ineffective? try something different. i appreciate he's mercurial but somedays he just isn't going to give you anything.

anyone else i've missed?
JPC82

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:11:12 »

Peacock
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:12:19 »

Jack Smith. Can't jump, too slow, and got totally licked by Grabban for their first goal today.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:13:07 »

Peacocks exactly what we miss in midfield.

Aljofree and JPM play because they are the best we've got.

With Kanyuka injured, Ifil missing & Vincent injured we really dont have much choice at centre half.

With Mark Marshall the only right winger who has never started a league game we dont have many options there either. When Malpas played neither of them and played Easton he got slated for that.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:13:44 »

Jack Smith was only supposed to be a fringe player this year and this probably indicates the lack of depth at the back.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:13:58 »

i think those players could be good enough if their confidence was higher.that is the big issue at the moment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:14:54 »

actually, what I didnt add, as arriba says....

they were all good enough last year.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:15:12 »

Sturrock, Pook.
JPC82

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:15:18 »

Peacocks exactly what we miss in midfield.

Aljofree and JPM play because they are the best we've got.

With Kanyuka injured, Ifil missing & Vincent injured we really dont have much choice at centre half.

With Mark Marshall the only right winger who has never started a league game we dont have many options there either. When Malpas played neither of them and played Easton he got slated for that.

i agree about Peacs in midfield, but the day Malpas took over he stated Peacs is a forward, another wrong decision, but at least Malpas really went for it today and went 3 up top for 2minutes!!! CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JPC82

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:16:03 »

actually, what I didnt add, as arriba says....

they were all good enough last year.

they are still good enough, but playing under a buffoon has made them all play shit recently
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:16:22 »

Casal, Amankwaah, McGovern, J Smith.

None of them are good enough.

Aljofree isnt good enough as a captain.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:17:25 »

Its a wrong decision and a terrible one at that.

I might be doing your favourite 'a player isnt playing so must be the answer' but this season has made me realise how much we actually miss Peacock in the middle.

Good in the air, defends the set pieces puts himself about, wins alot and stupidly enough actually looks to flick the ball on down the line from throw ins.....no one else looks for it!!
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:17:59 »

why are mcgovern and aljofree constantly selected?

mcgovern is lazy, disinterested and one dimensional. he doesn't move into space, come short, look for the ball when it's played to him. we might as well have had roberts on the right today, he would have been as (in)effective.

aljofree was at fault for their first goal today. his howlers against leeds were worse than jerel's. his captaincy style is to blame the rest of his defence. as a captain he is a disgrace but why is he even in the team?

we should cut our losses with players like kanyuka and corr who are constantly injured / can't string a series of games together. we can't improve the team with injury prone players.

why persevere with macca in games where he is ineffective? try something different. i appreciate he's mercurial but somedays he just isn't going to give you anything.

anyone else i've missed?

I agree with what you have said.

Aljokafree is a poor captain but never gets dropped for his mistakes unlike ifil.

Mcgovern is gash every game he plays.

Kanyuka and Corr have always been crocks, i don't know why we sign these crocks but they need to go because they will constantly keep getting injured.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:20:47 by OneAndrewFitton » Logged
sonic youth

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:18:12 »

Jack Smith. Can't jump, too slow, and got totally licked by Grabban for their first goal today.
i'm sounding like a broken record but don't blame smith for the goal at all. he committed himself to the challenge on the halfway line, grabban had a lot to do - macca can't defend, aljofree completely fucked up any chance of clearing the cross by falling over himself.

he is slow though. and can't jump.

i think it's irrelevent if players were good enough last season. if i was good at my job once but decided i didn't like my boss, so i slacked off and caused problems for my colleagues it wouldn't be tolerated because i was good last year.
JPC82

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:19:02 »

Has didnt just fall over, he stretched to reach the cross but it was to far away from him
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: