Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dead wood  (Read 5401 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:19:15 »

Casal, Amankwaah, McGovern, J Smith.

None of them are good enough.

Aljofree isnt good enough as a captain.
far too early to judge casal surely? comminges was very poor in his first games
JPC82

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:20:06 »

where does this Miguel was shit at the start?? i thought he was quality for us from his debut to his final game
sonic youth

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:21:11 »

where does this Miguel was shit at the start??

you what?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:21:19 »

where does this Miguel was shit at the start?? i thought he was quality for us from his debut to his final game

You would. He improved massively as the season progressed but he was raw to begin with. Sure Casal isn't as good as Comminges but I agree with Sonic, he needs a little more time.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:23:21 »

I slagged Commingues off after Port Vale and I ended up voting for him player of the season.

But id stand by my assessment of whats going wrong.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:23:49 »

i'm sounding like a broken record but don't blame smith for the goal at all. he committed himself to the challenge on the halfway line, grabban had a lot to do - macca can't defend, aljofree completely fucked up any chance of clearing the cross by falling over himself.

he is slow though. and can't jump.

i think it's irrelevent if players were good enough last season. if i was good at my job once but decided i didn't like my boss, so i slacked off and caused problems for my colleagues it wouldn't be tolerated because i was good last year.

I expect in your job your manager is highly likely to out last you in the current work climate. Its different with footballers.

You dont become a bad footballer over night. Alot of the players have much more quality they just arent showing it. They arent playing with confidence which effect quality.

The fact is they were good enough last season, to me shows they are under acheiving rather than dead wood.
sonic youth

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:24:38 »

oh, now i follow...

comminges was raw at first, not helped by the fact sturrock shifted him around a lot. he needed time to adapt to playing at this level with first team football and lo and behold he became our player of the season.

not that i'm saying casal will become our best player but he's not going to improve sitting in the reserves
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:24:44 »

I also remember Commingues being pretty consistent through out the season and dont remember him starting poorly at all....
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:25:50 »

We miss zaboub
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:27:26 »

is that a serious post DRS?

Honest question I'll post my thought depending on whether it was or not!
JPC82

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:27:36 »

We miss zaboub

haha, when Roberts was out today people around me were saying 'Roberts was fucking brilliant, we could have done with him today, great player' the same blokes have slated Robbo every game for the last 3 years, our fans are cunts, me included Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:28:21 »

Comminges improved immensely after he had been in the team a while, so i dont think casal can be judged yet, it's different to holland here, once he gets a good run we'll know if he's any good
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:29:28 »

Sofi can't even get in the Walsall squad at the moment. Poor Zaaboub Sad
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:30:48 »

Of course not dv
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:31:16 »

We miss zaboub

Its amazing isn't it. I hated Sturrock's "hoofball", but the wingers didn't half seem to get a lot of the ball. After the friendlies and the first couple of games I really thought we were going to pass it around a bit this season.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: