Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead Man Walking.  (Read 15700 times)
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:53:21 »

Fitton made the mistake of appointing him, fitton has to face upto the fact that he did make a mistake, no-one is perfect, he will learn for next time not to appoint someone just because he came across in an interview.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:53:59 »

No thanks, no league experience, would be a big gamble in my opinion.

Totally agree....
Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:56:18 »

I've always considered Nick Holmes at Salisbury as a labour of love as opposed to a man who has dreams of managing at the highest levels.

Salisbury's rise has been dramatic and you could argue that they've massively over-achieved... A big fair play to them though.
flammableBen

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:00:07 »

Fitton made the mistake of appointing him, fitton has to face upto the fact that he did make a mistake, no-one is perfect, he will learn for next time not to appoint someone just because he came across in an interview.

You've made some of your points well, but you don't have to keep repeating yourself. I've already warned you once.

Some of your posts have been replies to other ones, which are fine. It's the ones where it's just a reworded...

Fitton's got to get rid of Malpas. Fitton should get rid of Malpas but I'm not sure he will. Will Fitton have the bottle to sack malpas. Fitton appointed Malpas he should sack him. Fitton's got to learn from his mistakes. Fitton is wrong and I am right.

I think you've made your point.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:08:02 »

No thanks, no league experience, would be a big gamble in my opinion.

If people think Malpas is boring,they should listen to Holmes-he could send an ADH kid to sleep

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:09:41 »

If people think Malpas is boring,they should listen to Holmes-he could send an ADH kid to sleep

Cheesy You're not wrong.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:12:37 »

Cheesy You're not wrong.

Exactly what was going though my mind when this chap was mentioning his name. He doesnt inspire me with his post match interviews.

Who else is out there that would inspire me? Not sure....thats the prob....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:13:58 »

...he seems to inspire his team though.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:14:15 »

The thing is, how do you judge the best person for the job? In my world, you submit a advertisement for a job, people then respond to that via an application (more than likely accompanied by a CV which demonstrates how you meet the competence requirements for the job). That gets you down selected for interview along with 2 or 3 others, and then its a case of impressing the interviewer in a one on one situation.

I'm struggling to understand how on earth Malpas made the sift in the first place given the other known candidates at the time. All I can say is it must have been one hell of an impressive interview, or all the others were complete clowns......

I've been willing to give him time. What happened to the team that I watched destroy Oldham last season? Who blew (an albeit abject) Port Vale off the park in 45 minutes? They don't become crap players overnight, but they've clearly lost confidence. Its the manager's job to instill that in them, and if Malpas can't do it, then his position has to be under threat.

I'm not sure what my point is now.....
Rich Pullen

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:17:50 »

...he seems to inspire his team though.

Yes... He's done a fantastic job, nobody can argue that.

But I think my point is, when Malpas arrived it was "WHO?"

If Andrew Fitton called a press conference and introduced Nick Holmes as the new Swindon manager I honestly don't think that would have the anti-Malpas fans high-fiving and saying that this is a much better appointment.

We'd be in the same situation as before.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:18:15 »

We miss Comminges.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:20:37 »

Yes... He's done a fantastic job, nobody can argue that.

But I think my point is, when Malpas arrived it was "WHO?"

If Andrew Fitton called a press conference and introduced Nick Holmes as the new Swindon manager I honestly don't think that would have the anti-Malpas fans high-fiving and saying that this is a much better appointment.

We'd be in the same situation as before.

I agree and pretty much said this oringinally and last week...

...HOWEVER...I know Adje wasnt being serious but judging a manager on how he sounds is wrong!

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:23:13 »

I agree and pretty much said this oringinally and last week...

...HOWEVER...I know Adje wasnt being serious but judging a manager on how he sounds is wrong!

Otherwise Ian Holloway would be England manager by now...soapy tit wank
Rich Pullen

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:27:52 »

Not including the Player/Managers we've had.

Is Bobby Smith the last manager we've brought in as a manager directly from another club?

If so that's 30 years and quite incredible.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 19:30:08 »

Not including the Player/Managers we've had.

Is Bobby Smith the last manager we've brought in as a manager directly from another club?

If so that's 30 years and quite incredible.

Sounds right to me...we also got Bett Head from Bury...so Alan Knill it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: