Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dead Man Walking.  (Read 15693 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:41:30 »

Look at Holloway and Leicester. He hardly impressed there despite doing well in his other jobs.
Not a fair comparison though really - Mandaric is a loony.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:42:00 »

Not a fair comparison though really - Mandaric is a loony.

True.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:42:46 »

A lot of people phoned/emailed Radio Swindon after the game, saying they wouldn't be paying the 2nd installment on their ST. Fitton will take notice of that...........

...and this is it. The club worked very hard this summer trying to lure people back and it's these people that won't renew. One step forward, two steps back.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:42:49 »

I could be wrong but didnt Byrne and Williams do well in their caretaker spell and didnt some fans want them actually hired as managers

No they are the devil

Didnt everyone love Budgie a few months back?

Nah, I always thought he was a twat

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:45:10 »

Look at Holloway and Leicester. He hardly impressed there despite doing well in his other jobs.

Exactly, so

Some Rookie managers do well, some dont.

Some expirenced managers do well at other clubs, some dont.

Paul Sturrock does well everywhere.

OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:47:04 »

A lot of people phoned/emailed Radio Swindon after the game, saying they wouldn't be paying the 2nd installment on their ST. Fitton will take notice of that...........

Even so i don't think fitton will sack malpas......yet! he may give him another game or two to turn it around.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:47:37 »

I don't know how much of that is just piss and bluster though, or come to that how many of those saying it are actually ST holders or just hoping to pressure the club. I may well be wrong and it's a genuines serious threat, but to me it just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face as you've already paid over half of it, and you only have to go to 6 games in the whole second half of the season and then you've paid your 120 quid anyway.

On a side note, I don't think technically it's optional anyway. You sign up for a ST, you sign up for it, end of. You're committed to making both payments, otherwise it would have been sold as a half-season ticket with an option to renew.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:48:45 »

Paul Sturrock does well everywhere.
Except Southampton
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:49:40 »

he wasnt given enough of a chance...

Southampton are clearly better off having got rid of him....
Rich Pullen

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:49:53 »

Except Southampton

Who was sacked because he wasn't respected by the players I believe.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:51:00 »

Even if Malpas was booted out, who's available to take over? Some guy who was drifting down the stairs of The Don Rogers was going on and on about Nick Holmes from Salisbury?!?!!?!?

Discuss.....
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:51:45 »

Even if Malpas was booted out, who's available to take over? Some guy who was drifting down the stairs of The Don Rogers was going on and on about Nick Holmes from Salisbury?!?!!?!?

Discuss.....

No thanks, no league experience, would be a big gamble in my opinion.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:51:45 »

Like many, I have been willing Maurice to succeed.  And while I'm still not sure we're at the point where he has to go, results like today's (and the manner of the defeat) do not help his cause.  I think it's fair to say that October has become a critical month for him...and the club as a whole.

What concerns me most, however, is that Maurice is very much Andrew Fitton's man - and Andrew Fitton does not strike me as someone who likes having his judgement questioned.  At the time of Malpas' appointment, when the response from the fans was lukewarm at best, Fitton came across very much as a Chairman acting on his convictions.  On the basis of a reportedly strong interview, Fitton appeared to have absolute faith in Maurice to face down his critics.  If he ultimately turns out to have made a poor decision, there will inevitably be a number of our fans ready to tell him 'we told you so' - and that will do nothing for the Chairman's relationship with the fans.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:54:09 by Ardiles » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:52:04 »

Who was sacked because he wasn't respected by the players I believe.
Players pretty much got him sacked - "him or us" kind of job. He has a very good reputation in the lower leagues and up to Championship level that stands him in good stead and commands respect from (most) players and fans. But it didn't seem to carry into the Prem - I'd say that says a lot more about the players than Sturrock.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 18:52:37 »

I mentioned this in another thread. He has worked wonders at Salisbury.

I dont even think their biggest optimist would have thought they'd do as well as they have done.

Honestly, my main thought is our fan base wont give him a chance because he isnt a 'name' or proven manager. He'll be delt the same hand Malpas was.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: