Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colin Lee  (Read 14127 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 21:23:55 »

Can someone remind me who this guy is? He's got a connection with Wolves, hasn't he?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gillingham/4071489.stm
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 21:30:32 »

Colin Lee was appointed manager of Wolves in November 1998, three weeks after taking on the role of caretaker boss following the departure of Mark McGhee. Lee had been McGhee's number two at Molineux and before that, his assistant at Reading and Leicester City. The two had begun their association as youth team players at Bristol City. Lee went on to play for Hereford, Torquay, Spurs, Chelsea and Brentford. Then a coaching career beckoned and, before joining up with McGhee, Lee served as a youth team coach at Griffin Park and later at Watford where he had a brief spell as first team manager. His reign at Wolves, as a caretaker, began well with a 6-1 win at the place where he started his career, Ashton Gate. This was followed by victory over Sheffield United, a draw with Norwich, and a win against Birmingham. It was enough to convince the board at Molineux that the 'caretaker' tag should be dropped. Lee was given a contract until the end of the season. He appointed John Ward, who had recently resigned as manager of Bristol City, as his number two and Wolves finished the 1998/99 campaign just one place short of the play-offs. Sir Jack Hayward and the Molineux board were quick to offer both Lee and Ward two year contracts, which they both accepted and signed in June. Colin Lee was sacked in December 2000 after a poor start to the season, which could be blamed on the sale of his key players.

http://www.thewolvessite.co.uk/clee.htm

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 21:45:55 »

I saw Colin Lee make his debut for Spurs.....they beat Rovers 9-0...he scored 4.

I lived in London at the time and Spurs was the nearest so I went to watch them, the second season they got relegated John Gorman used to play for them and was average, but wore his shorts a la Chalkie, which was fun.

Did have the pleasure of seeing the young Hoddle, and knowing he was special, he scored just the one that day.....but a total donkey Ian Moores who they got from Stoke got 3 as well.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:19:00 »

Took Walsall up from this division didn't he?
Dazzza

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 23:14:17 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Took Walsall up from this division didn't he?

Got the boot for talking to Plymouth after Sturrock left while still manager at Walsall in the league above.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 23:16:42 »

Ah yes, that was it. If memory serves me they weren't doing too badly at the time either? Still fighting relegation but surviving until Merson took over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: