Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The everso slightly official TEF Ryder Cup thread  (Read 5496 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 11:59:20 »

Anyone watching this, this weekend?  I'll miss most of it due to my bruv's wedding, but I do love watching the event on the whole.

Must say before a ball is struck, I do have my doubts about Faldo.  He comes across as an arrogant arse, and that press conference yesterday was dreadful.  This, imo, is the yanks best chance for a few years, the role of the captain could prove crucial.  Here's to a quality weekend of highs and lows!

Thoughts?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:01:46 »

It's the only golf I watch. I'll probably just see bits and pieces around wahtever else I am doing.

Faldo: That's no pairs list, it the sandwich order list. Honest guv.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:09:16 »

Watching golf is really really dull

I cant get exited about supporting "europe" either.
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:10:37 »

I sense weve done too well in this lately ... therefore its probably time for a US win .. I hope Im wrong ...

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:13:49 »

i love golf, both playing and watching it.the ryder cup is fantasic.the 2006 victory was brilliant to watch and after the poor show at the world cup in ther footy was a much better watch.
have to say i agree with jan about faldo,yesterdays fuck up and press conference was embarrassing.
the yanks have tweaked the course to suit them. and their ott moronic golf fans will do their bit too.
still think we will win it but it might be tight.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:16:38 »

I saw that and the bloke has no manners whatsoever
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:18:05 »

I'm not really into golf at all, but I do tend to get a bit emotional on the Sunday afternoon.  When Sam T captained them to glory that was immense, felt like bursting into tears.  Weird, as I don't consider myself european.  Just find the whole event such a rollercoaster of a ride.  Love the Ryder Cup, defo in my top 5 sporting events.

Always remember the year the yanks won when David Duval got carried away and walked all over the putting green, even though we still has a putt to save the match.  For three days I hate the yanks even more than usual!  (on a country by country basis - nothing personal).
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:24:40 »

I got to admit that I do love watching the Ryder Cup.

But I've got to admit Faldo is coming across as a cock...and that he's picked Poulter instead of Darren Clarke, might be a mistake, but I can still see us turning them over again, despite that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:28:11 »

Ian Poulter is ace - FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 12:29:24 »

i would have liked to see clarke play too.poulters decent though
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 14:05:20 »

Anyone watching this, this weekend?  I'll miss most of it due to my bruv's wedding, but I do love watching the event on the whole.

Must say before a ball is struck, I do have my doubts about Faldo.  He comes across as an arrogant arse, and that press conference yesterday was dreadful.  This, imo, is the yanks best chance for a few years, the role of the captain could prove crucial.  Here's to a quality weekend of highs and lows!

Thoughts?

The role of captain is pretty irrelevant once he's made his picks (and Faldos got them right). As long as you don't pair 2 blokes who fucking hate each other you just hope your boys play good golf. Dont know why the British press try and wind Faldo up cos thats playing into America's hands.

Christ I'm looking forward to this. I don't think we'll walk it as easy as some anticipate but I do think we'll come out on top. Not sure about Ollie Wilson or little Soren Hansen... I think if Faldo had gone for 4 picks, and things had worked out differently, you'd never pick those 2. Mind you, the likes of David Howell did superbly in 2006 so who knows.

Casey and Poulter to shine I reckon, Casey's game is tailor made to take the course to pieces, as is Sergios and we all know what a talisman he is. Can't see any yanks taking any points from those 3, nor Westwood.

Just need Paddy H to show what he can do as his previous Ryder Cup efforts have been pretty poor, and someone to do a Monty and really take charge at the top of the bill.... step forward Garcia.

Oh... it was Justin Leonard who holed that 50 footer in '99. The cunt.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 14:12:04 by DMR » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 14:14:21 »

Disagree Dave, I think the team spirit aspect to the Ryder cup plays a major part, which is why US have been so poor (in result terms) in recent events.
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 14:23:55 »

Of course it does Jan, but where does that spirit really come from? Take the K Club. Did that performance stem from Woosie, or from the 12 players rallying round Darren Clarke? It's the boys on the course who really create the atmosphere and unity imo, Tom Lehman's a very popular guy in the US and commands respect, but it didn't stop his side getting raped. Ditto Hal Sutten in 2004, never a great player but universally regarded as a nice bloke.... we hammered them.

Of course it's nowhere near the same but the league golf I play is all matchplay, and we get the pep talks and all that from our pros. But tbh as long as I'm out there with one of my mates I'll always fancy us to win because it's who your with on the course that matters.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 15:44:34 »

Word Dave, it doesnt matter if the captain is a complete knob ( IMHO Faldo isnt) the guys who play the golf make the results. The Yanks will have their usual hill billy followers who shout "get in the hole"  on the First shot on the 650 yard par 5, my god i wish some of those cunts would get in the hole and never get out again. Come on Europe!!!!!   

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 15:49:28 »

We'll get stuffed this time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: