Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The everso slightly official TEF Ryder Cup thread  (Read 5474 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 11:26:26 »

GEDDINAHOLE

Things get better but they never get good
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 11:34:31 »

GEDDINAHOLE

Always got on my tits that geddinthehole thing.  Its a t shts on a par 5.  Its not going in the hole you thick yanky twat.

Never knowingly overstated.
flammableBen

« Reply #62 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 11:44:06 »

It might if they shout it loud enough.
DMR

« Reply #63 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 11:47:30 »

I find shouting loudly and abusively at my ball works great.

Nothing like shouting "cut, for fucks sake cut you cunt" in front of your senior club pro on captains day.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 11:51:55 »

Always got on my tits that geddinthehole thing.  Its a t shts on a par 5.  Its not going in the hole you thick yanky twat.

Fully agree on that. Along with their 'BOOOOOOO' and 'USA' chant, they are not very creative.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 11:53:08 »

cannot blame faldo for the result.i'd not have sent wilson out with weekly as it was a big ask for him.his picks did alright though, particlulary poulter who was awesome.the crowd played a massive part in the victory as they clearly got to some of our players.cheering missed puts and poor shots,not being quiet when our playersd were playing shots.and the whole booooo thing was cringingly awful.the usa players get more respect when playing over here.also there were other things going on like changing tee positions without telling the euro team.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 13:19:44 »

What do you mean? America always does what is best and any innuendo that there was any activity likely to benefit themselves is, quite frankly, extremely insightful.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 13:26:33 »

The ones who let Europe down were Garcia, Westwood, and Harrington, who got 2 points between the lot of them, but yesterday players like Kim (4 birdies in the first 5 holes), Weekley (29 to the turn), Perry (4 under at the turn) were just too hot for the European players.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 13:56:05 »

A bit harsh to say they let the team down. The event was taylor made for the yanks to win, and to be honest the Ryder cup needed this sort of result. I cant want for 2010 when the likes of Luke Donald and co will lead the way. 

Sad to say, i must be on my way

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 14:48:34 »

What do you mean? America always does what is best and any innuendo that there was any activity likely to benefit themselves is, quite frankly, extremely insightful.

it's true.didn't you see the amount of times euro players had to ask for quiet?the captain of the yanks telling the crowd to cheer missed putts? the tees were moved after the practice days without telling the euro team.
it's not sour grapes and the yanks had some awesome individual performances.but they did all they could to bend the rules and get the win
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 15:09:12 »

My comments after being at Valhalla for the weekend (as well as the 3 previous Ryder Cups):

1. The Americans played better golf and deserved to win. They looked they were playing as a team this time instead of 12 individuals who didn't really get on with each other.
2. Of course they set the thing up to suit their players - it's called home advantage and we will do exactly the same in the next one.
3. Faldo is a bit of an arrogant cock and should stop trying to be funny because he just isn't. However, it was the no show from players like Harrington and Garcia that affected us more than any decisions he made.
4. There's not a big difference in the level of sportingness of the crowds between the US and Europe. They seem to be naturally a little louder than us, but at home the European crowds cheer an opposition miss as well - it's not cheering the miss, it's cheering the win for your guy.
5. The blokes from Leeds dressed as leprechauns were top lads.

imo.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 15:17:34 »

So did Boo Weekley really not know what the Ryder Cup was until he was picked for it?

It's all a bit Happy Gilmore if you ask me.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 19:27:57 »

Well ime off to see some proper golf at the week end...The British masters at the Belfry,a good course and only an hours drive,David Howell is getting back some form and i will be following him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: