Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: cheltnumb V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 11182 times)

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:54:34 »

i suggest you write to both stfc and cheltenham rogers 1969.i dont blame you for being pissed off.but if a 64 year old is already unsteady on his feet, maybe a couple of pints made it worse?
 considdering the pissed up antics that get mentioned on here, and what i've seen myself at grounds it does seem very harsh refusing entry.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:56:44 »

reason for the argy bargy down in the right hand corner? I saw all the fans swearing at the stewards, then some twat chucked a full bottle of coke onto the pitch but i couldnt see why. I think it may have had something to do with the disableds down the front but i cant be sure.

I was right by this, so I'll go for it. Basically, one lady in a wheelchair couldn't see, which is understandable as they weren't on a raised area so all had a face full of metal barrier, so she rolled forwards a few feet so she could see over the top. Some heroic steward then decided to make her move backwards as it contrevened some health and safety rule, bravely ignoring the fact that the whole stand was stood up and had been for the past hour. Being as this chap had the misfortune of being both fat and ginger, it was perhaps not the best idea to draw attention to himself.

The guy that threw the bottle was from behind me so I don't know who it was, stupid though; still Coke in it!
the goat

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:56:51 »

is 64 old anymore?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 21:03:31 »

And come someone tell me the reason for the argy bargy down in the right hand corner? I saw all the fans swearing at the stewards, then some twat chucked a full bottle of coke onto the pitch but i couldnt see why. I think it may have had something to do with the disableds down the front but i cant be sure.
I was there,what happened was a couple of people in wheelchairs moved to sit right by the fence in front of the pitch obviously a major issue for the stewards who made them move back Roll Eyes
No excuse for the bottle though,so even score in terms of cuntish stewards and cuntish fans.

Was a right shit game.Good day out but man alive it was depressing during the match itself.Put me off going to many more away games for while Angry

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 21:14:51 »

Was a right shit game.Good day out but man alive it was depressing during the match itself.Put me off going to many more away games for while Angry

That's the bummer that it puts people off going......the secret, admittedly difficult, is to have exactly no expectation of winning, and just concentrate on the day out aspect.

The best bit of my day was seeing random town fans of acquaintance and the excellent turnout and behaviour of TEFers...
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 21:18:24 »

Of course seeing you was a highlight Reg Smiley Also i've turned my stalking talents to STFCDave.I managed to shout at him as he was walking past The Midland and again at Swindon train station  Embarrassed

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 21:19:29 »

Despite having my very own thread on here, I managed to get away without being noticed...unless it was one of you lot who I stalked to Weatherspoons!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 21:25:40 »

Of course seeing you was a highlight Reg Smiley Also i've turned my stalking talents to STFCDave.I managed to shout at him as he was walking past The Midland and again at Swindon train station  Embarrassed

How would you know STFC Dave?  Thinking about it I suppose it's what your stalking talents are for.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #128 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 21:35:52 »

Last year I was refused entry into Whaddon Road as I was too pissed according to the steward, although saying that I prob was. Got a bottle of water and 15 mins later he said I was fine??
Terry McCann

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 22:54:43 »

i was at the front right hand corner today and dont often feel the need to argue but they were asking john (wheelchair) to move rather than the carer and would not let it go,i had to stand up and ask what the fuck was going on
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 00:40:08 »

I am disappointed. But it's not all doom and gloom, if we had scored once during that 10 minute dominant spell we had after half time then the chances are that we would have got some kind of result today. Cheltenham scored against the run of play, it killed us, and spurred them on.

On to the next one.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 01:04:19 »

Right,

Firstly, I dont give a fuck that hes new has only been here a week and hasnt played in League One before but Casal has been shit. Cost us two goals again today.

He tries to get infront of his man and gets turned. Every time he has his hands all over the striker and seems to always want to tuck close to the centre backs.

Tranmere switched it and he well out of position and they scored and Cheltenhams right winger has half a fucking pitch to himself to score in and not a left back in sight....out of position again. Their second goal came eventually from a stupid free kick (give to us by the lino, to them by the ref) given away by Casal for having his hands all over Barry Hayles I think.

Im not full back or football expert, but fucking hell back off and stand him up block his path show him outside away from goal. Keep goal side....

I know hes the only fit left back we've got but Jamie Vincent is better. Vincent is an expirenced head, he will call the line and you can also hear him comminicated sometihng no one else picks up when he isnt about and best of all he knows how to defend!

I've heard all the same arguments about why Vincent is so shit the fact he hoofs it and cant pass it down the line, which is fair enough....but he can defend. Defenders main job is to defend and if a defender can defend well and play the ball about he isnt a League One defender, he's better than that. Jamie Vincent to me still has a place in this team and Casal has looked pretty shite so far.

I'll give him 10 more games dont get me wrong but hes got to come Comminges good to make me change my mind on him.

Midfield was out fought today because we had two ball players and no battler. We lacked and missed a Easton or Peacock in there today to do all the donkey work for Nalis or Timlin. Cheltenham won just about every second ball in midfield both on the floor and in the air. We lacked bit in there. Timlin and Nalis tried but didnt press play and break up as much play as Easton or Peacock would have.

As for Lee Peacock, get him back in midfield he was worse then useless upfront and when he is upfront we turn into shit League Two hoofball team.

Paynter going off effected us because he is a big over rated donkey who doesnt score goals  Roll Eyes

I have no idea how far Ifil, Vincent & Easton are from full fitness but at this moment in time id say our strongest 11 would be

Brez

Smith
Ifil
Aljofree
Vincent

JPM
Easton
Timlin
McNamee

Paynter
Cox
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 01:10:30 »

tee hee weirdo

Things get better but they never get good
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 04:36:50 »

Think I nodded off during the 1st half.

Thats it for me and away games ,I just cant be arsed.

I also found it hard work because they were wearing our kit.

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 08:15:44 »

Paynter going off effected us because he is a big over rated donkey who doesnt score goals  Roll Eyes

He was shit in pre-season.  If he'd have played like that in the league games he'd have been less effective than Peacock ans thats what those comments were based on. Thankfully he has been superb since the season proper started.

I agree with what you said, casal is a weak link right now and we have no fight in central midfield.

I also found it hard work because they were wearing our kit.

Were you the bloke behind me that was shouting at "Smith" to get the ball for a while, until he realised red #3 was a Cheltenham player.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 08:18:26 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: