Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: cheltnumb V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 11160 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:09:31 »

My dad is 64 for fuck sake so of course he looks unsteady on his feet

I apologise if your dad has any medical problem or anything like that so ignore the rest of my post if that is the case but saying the above as a generalisation is total b*llocks. 

rogers1969

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:11:38 »

Its a joke mate im going to write to the adver and the local chelt press about this.The steward just took a disliking to my old man.I have never fealt so angry and powerless.I would not mind if it was true and we were pissed.But only having two pints it a total piss take.
JPC82

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:14:34 »

Its a joke mate im going to write to the adver and the local chelt press about this.The steward just took a disliking to my old man.I have never fealt so angry and powerless.I would not mind if it was true and we were pissed.But only having two pints it a total piss take.

i know u are pissed off with missing the game but what would writing to the papers do? you missed the game end of
rogers1969

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:16:13 »

Yes but for doing no wrong.It totally out of order.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:21:09 »

If you are serious (not been in that position myself so don't know) I'd guess you would have to take it up with Cheltenham FC directly. Their stewards their responsibility.  Write a letter, don't be aggressive just put your point across.  You have to remember though they've only got your word for it so come across as aggresive and they'll assume their stewards made the right choice.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:22:16 »

Sure it was a Cheltenham steward? Most of the guys in our end were Swindon ones.
glos_robin

« Reply #111 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:23:15 »

well just got home and am proper pissed off, living where I do this is a big match to me and the pure shitness and attitude of some of our players has proper fucked me off.
Some of my mates were in the Cheltenham end as season ticket holders and their verdicts were that Morrison was out of his depth and our number 6 was a poor captain. They were also quite amused when our right winger was put in centre mid despite being useless throughout.
Anyway onto my summary can't argue with them to be honest, Aljofree and Morrison are an accident waiting to happen, both were dogshite today. When fit Ifil and Kanyuka must get a chance together as they'll intimidate the opposition as much as anything.  Mr Mcgovern well I'll describe my opinions on him in the other thread but needless to say he has a chip on his shoulder and thinks he's better than he is.  How he got put into centre mid in favour of Easton I'll never know.
At full strength with Ifil, Paynter, Kanyuka etc I think we have a team but if we regularly play without them then I think we'll find it hard going.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:24:39 »

Sure it was a Cheltenham steward? Most of the guys in our end were Swindon ones.

Thats a really good point.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:25:50 »

At least the game you missed was worth missing...

Before the start, Cleeve Cloud had a very alluring appeal....quick trot along Prestbury Road and there's plenty of paths up to the common. It's quite high up there for the south of England...Cotswold Way round to Belas Knap, job would have been a good un.

Instead, I went to the match. Sad
rogers1969

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:26:16 »

I will i just cant believe the way the police did not want to know.They could see we were not drunk.Just told us to go away and the steward had his right to rufuse entry.Im just gob smacked.
the goat

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:26:27 »

you need to make a team around you best players easton will get pissed off and leave
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:32:36 »

How he got put into centre mid in favour of Easton I'll never know.

Only reason McGovern stayed on was so we'd still have his 'wicked' set piece delivery.  That's my take anyway.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:44:28 »

Agree with most of the sentiments on here. Although our defence looked poor today, I just had one of those feelings after about 15-20 minutes that we were going to be unlucky today, and we were definately unlucky not to score (especially during the period between 50-60 minutes). I truely believe it was just "one of those days" so im not worrying too much.

Also agree about trying to get the ball to McNamee more. Everyone knows exactly what he can do, so get the ball to him as much as possible and steam into the box!

I know its early in the season, but id really like to see Joyce coming on instead of Peacock when we take off a striker, as I truely believe he will have more of an impact than Peacock does.

And come someone tell me the reason for the argy bargy down in the right hand corner? I saw all the fans swearing at the stewards, then some twat chucked a full bottle of coke onto the pitch but i couldnt see why. I think it may have had something to do with the disableds down the front but i cant be sure.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
JPC82

« Reply #118 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:46:30 »

its no coinsidence that at home we pass the ball and play football and we play well, yet away we play the long ball all the time and never fucking win away!!
the goat

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 20:53:50 »

mid table bollocks again lets at least have a decent cup run
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: