Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: cheltnumb V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 11169 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #150 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 12:50:51 »

the operative word being youth football.

unless i'm mistaken he's only played competitively in holland and the US (if you can call the MLS competitive)
JPC82

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 12:55:20 »

the operative word being youth football.

unless i'm mistaken he's only played competitively in holland and the US (if you can call the MLS competitive)

but he would be more familiar with english football thean dutch, with ressie games at fulham aswell
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 13:59:42 »

I will i just cant believe the way the police did not want to know.They could see we were not drunk.Just told us to go away and the steward had his right to rufuse entry.Im just gob smacked.

Speak to Ralphy, he knows about these things....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 14:21:59 »

right now, I'd pick Kennedy over Casal

I'd pick you over Casal!

he's young and adapting to english football; he'll improve i'm certain of it.

he needs to learn not to fuck around on the ball so much.

no matter how old you are, or where you played your football defending is defending.
sonic youth

« Reply #154 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 14:28:13 »

but he would be more familiar with english football thean dutch, with ressie games at fulham aswell

still isn't competitive first-team football though is it? anyway, regardless of whether you've played resserve or youth football he's still a young player who has the potential to improve.

no matter how old you are, or where you played your football defending is defending.

no shit, really?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 14:32:17 »

I said it before the season started and I'll say it again - move Vincent into the middle and make him captain. Lets have someone who can organise the defence and encourage the players to play as a unit. His lack of distribution becomes less of a problem in the centre as it is still better than Aljofreee's. 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 14:33:31 »

...then who do you have at left back if Vincents in the middle?
sonic youth

« Reply #157 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 14:34:24 »

would it be worth sticking smith at left-back and giving amankwaah a chance at right-back?

just a thought.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 14:51:42 »

would it be worth sticking smith at left-back and giving amankwaah a chance at right-back?

just a thought.

Would be a short term fix...if the management team believe that the way foward is young inexperienced players, then we're going to have to expect some naivity as they learn....
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 15:13:31 »

Im so angry.Went to Cheltenham with my old man had just Two pints walked to the ground.On arriving a steward stopped my old man and said he cant come in as he looked unsteady on his feet and smelt of beer. I was already let in and turned back to see what the problem was.Then the steward took my ticket too and said i was not allowed in too.It was a total joke.Went to complain to a copper and he said the steward was in the right and it was his right to refuse entry.My dad is 64 for fuck sake so of course he looks unsteady on his feet and if you have come from a pub you are going to smell of ale.Im still angry now.Any suggestion on how i should go about making an officia complaint.I could not believe how the police did not want to know.This is so wrong and i feel so let down for me and my poor dad.

This happened with my dad, but at Swindon 7 years ago. He wrote to the Club and they just gave him another ticket to another game only if he reported to the office, they didn't even say sorry.
He sent back his Club membership and hasn't returned since.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 15:16:21 »

Is a bit sucky,poor old fella Angry

/
W56196272
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 15:25:57 »

The first rule of law with any defender is that they can do the basics of defending.I know it sounds
straightforward,but we need a unit who can be solid.It isn't always the best individuals who you
can mold into this.Although a lot of us think that Iffil and Kanyuka are the answer,you must remember
that they both lack concentration and get sloppy at times,even when they've had a good 80 mins of
a game.We're missing the influence of Vincent.Limited player yes,but he knows how to defend.

What is this obsession that the management have in moving JPM into central midfield? I can't think of
any game when this has been done,that has resulted in us winning the game.I think he's put in the effort
preseason and in the games this season,so i won't have a go at him.just they way that he's shifted around.

It looks as if injuries have taken their toll with Peacock,as he's so pedestrian upfront these days,which is
as shame.Nalis i think can be a good signing,but away from home,surely he needs to sit deep and to play
the holding midfielder and protect the centre backs? He didn't do this yesterday and that headed miss was
dreadful from a player of his experience.

I'd suggest that this week,the management and coaching staff get to grips with the team shape and defined
roles of the players.This could be a long season,especially away from home.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: