Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise away  (Read 39355 times)
Amir

« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 20:18:59 »

I'd rather see them fail than any other club in the world.  I'm still going.

I haven't got a rationale for that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 23:33:05 »

I'd rather see them fail than any other club in the world.  I'm still going.

I haven't got a rationale for that.

I don't think it's a particularly rational thing either way. There's those like me and Ardiles who would rather grow a womb than put any money in their tills, but I don't think either of us expect the Frannies to come crashing down as a result of the few still boycotting - it's not a calculated plan, just a "I can't bring myself to do that" thing. Then there's the far greater majority who fucking hate Franchise just as much as we do, but still want to watch their team, which is completely fair enough. It's like most moral dilemmas in life, you can't draw a line and say "this side is right, that side is wrong", you've just got to run with what sits best with you.

FWIW, though, I don't think the comparison with our situation with the old board is particularly valid. For one thing, there was never really a full-on boycott and rightly so because of the extra dimension that those who've cited this comparison have, I think, missed. Which is plainly and simply that this is our club, and always will be, irrespective of who holds what bits of paper at any given time, and I'll be buggered if I'm going to let any bunch of no-marks like that lot stop me from following my team (NB this is not an invitation to actual buggery, notwithstanding any references to "Greek practices"). It's that feeling of continuity through the fans, and a wider sense of "ownership" than the inevitably transient legal sense of the word that so turns the stomach at what happened to Wimbledon and why the McPlastics are rightly referred to as club-stealers. You stole someone else's club you bastards and you will always be pariahs for it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 23:50:00 »

I guess it's what your perspective on what a personal boycott achieves. It'll never change the financial fortunes of that rent a club, it purely comes down to whether you feel your morale obligtion to reject franchise football is stronger than your desire to watch your own team play. Which is why I think it is a similar dilemma to that of past seasons at STFC.

It's quite clear for instance, that they will not go out of business now, unless they drop out of the league. If the fans can make a difference on the day it may even help to get them out of the league.

But this is not my perspective, I simply fancy watching a game of football which we will hopefully win. I'm not going along to show that the franchise model has worked, I'm merely going to show that history and tradition is better.

I reckon we should all turn up in orange gear and sing anti-franchise songs behind the main stand after though Cool
cowshedphil

« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 07:22:25 »

I don't think it's a particularly rational thing either way. There's those like me and Ardiles who would rather grow a womb than put any money in their tills, but I don't think either of us expect the Frannies to come crashing down as a result of the few still boycotting - it's not a calculated plan, just a "I can't bring myself to do that" thing. Then there's the far greater majority who fucking hate Franchise just as much as we do, but still want to watch their team, which is completely fair enough. It's like most moral dilemmas in life, you can't draw a line and say "this side is right, that side is wrong", you've just got to run with what sits best with you.

FWIW, though, I don't think the comparison with our situation with the old board is particularly valid. For one thing, there was never really a full-on boycott and rightly so because of the extra dimension that those who've cited this comparison have, I think, missed. Which is plainly and simply that this is our club, and always will be, irrespective of who holds what bits of paper at any given time, and I'll be buggered if I'm going to let any bunch of no-marks like that lot stop me from following my team (NB this is not an invitation to actual buggery, notwithstanding any references to "Greek practices"). It's that feeling of continuity through the fans, and a wider sense of "ownership" than the inevitably transient legal sense of the word that so turns the stomach at what happened to Wimbledon and why the McPlastics are rightly referred to as club-stealers. You stole someone else's club you bastards and you will always be pariahs for it.
That seem's a well enough argument on why you feel the way you do - and no one should knock you for that.

I just want things to be clear that the Franchise Fans did NOT move the club - I know that is not what you have said - but for fans of any club to be victimised because of something completely outside of there control is unjust.

I am sure there will many of the same responses - "well don't fucking support them then" or "serve's you fucking right"

x amount of the MK community have made there decision over the years to follow Franchise - it only needs a few mates going to a game, more mates to join them then before you know it you have a good solid fan base - that club becomes their club

If people were to tell you not to follow your club - you would tell them to fuck off - Franchise Fans are no different
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 07:52:33 »

I would like one question answered Mr Cow Shed: I read in the Mk News that thee was trouble at the Northampton game. I assume MK fans feel that the northampton game is a derby game hence the trouble. How the hell can a club with out much history have any rivals? When how do rivials start? Do you just pick a club near you and think there do they will be a our local rivials? Or in ture Mk fashion do you just buy a clu with history and take there rivials?

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 08:02:46 »

That seem's a well enough argument on why you feel the way you do - and no one should knock you for that.

I just want things to be clear that the Franchise Fans did NOT move the club - I know that is not what you have said - but for fans of any club to be victimised because of something completely outside of there control is unjust.

I am sure there will many of the same responses - "well don't fucking support them then" or "serve's you fucking right"

x amount of the MK community have made there decision over the years to follow Franchise - it only needs a few mates going to a game, more mates to join them then before you know it you have a good solid fan base - that club becomes their club

If people were to tell you not to follow your club - you would tell them to fuck off - Franchise Fans are no different

"x amount of the German community in the 30's made there decision over the years to give the nazi's their support - it only needs a few mates agreeing, then some family members, more mates to join them then before you know it you have a good solid base of support- before you know it you've signed up and are busy invading Poland"

You lot will always be football Nazis to me, stealing a club and invading another town.  Shame on you!!  I'm really disappointed in myself for even replying to a Franchisee, low of the low, I'd rather have a beer with a Pox fan, least he'd be a genuine, if not completely humiliated (by now), football fan.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 08:04:56 »

Perhaps it's because it's local? I'm not that bothered about them anymore. Lets face it AFC had piss poor support, the worst ground i've ever been to, and even now dont play in the borough. The world has changed and footballers and even teams, now go where the finance is.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 08:12:10 »

Oh don't try that bullshit - "it was stolen when we got here, mate, honest". You made an active and conscious decision to participate in the Franchise theft knowing full well what it was - no football fan could have done what you did. Without you and people like you the Franchise experiment would have died as it should have done at the outset. Because of plastics like you, any other chancer in the future who fancies doing the same thing to another club (like ours for example) will look at what you scrotes have done and say to himself "Yep, there'll always be enough muppets willing to ignore the fact we stole someone else's heritage and history so I'll get away with that". Your continued existence as a club threatens every other club with a genuine history and a genuine community. You are a pariah on the face of football and always will be and that applies to each and every one of you that follows them.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 08:14:15 »

Don't victimise them Paul, they're the innocents in all of this. 
cowshedphil

« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 09:18:14 »

Oh don't try that bullshit - "it was stolen when we got here, mate, honest". You made an active and conscious decision to participate in the Franchise theft knowing full well what it was - no football fan could have done what you did. Without you and people like you the Franchise experiment would have died as it should have done at the outset. Because of plastics like you, any other chancer in the future who fancies doing the same thing to another club (like ours for example) will look at what you scrotes have done and say to himself "Yep, there'll always be enough muppets willing to ignore the fact we stole someone else's heritage and history so I'll get away with that". Your continued existence as a club threatens every other club with a genuine history and a genuine community. You are a pariah on the face of football and always will be and that applies to each and every one of you that follows them.

As I said - We as fans stole fuck all - and as you know the history was given back to Merton Council - not Wimbledon - not AFC Wimbledon.

Fuck me if the council had have been interested in anything other that Strawberry's & cream with Pimms - the move would not have happened in the 1st place.

I find your opinion valued - I find your anger irritating and missplaced.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 09:25:27 »

I find your opinion valued - I find your anger irritating and missplaced.

I find your opinion on all football matters null and void. I'd rather talk football to an Oxford fan than the likes of you.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 09:29:26 »

Paul is really going for it! Ace...!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 09:32:14 »

I remember our first game v Milton Keynes at the Hockey Stadium, some kids were running their mouths about how shite Swindon are, I turned around - one had a ManUre shirt on, on had a Chelsea shirt on and the other a Liverpool shirt.
Just about right really they have very few real supporters

I come from a land down-under
cowshedphil

« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 09:40:51 »

I remember our first game v Milton Keynes at the Hockey Stadium, some kids were running their mouths about how shite Swindon are, I turned around - one had a ManUre shirt on, on had a Chelsea shirt on and the other a Liverpool shirt.
Just about right really they have very few real supporters
But when I was at your ground last - I saw 2 arsenal shirts?? Unfortunately you do get it and I am pleased to say no where near as much as before.
cowshedphil

« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 09:45:41 »

Oh yeh, as for all ticket, that would be a joke considering they have a 30,000 seater stadium. They should be willing to give us atleast 5,000 I'd have thought so not much chance of it selling out!
It's a 30,000 seater alright but only 1/2 finished 22,000 tops!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: