Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise away  (Read 39316 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:06:43 »

Dell - while accepting that you just want to watch your team, the important point here is that a precedent has been set.  Next time, it could be us.

So, yes, support the club.  And if you're going on Saturday, sing a song for me.  But NEVER forget what happened in Milton Franchise.  To that extent, we should never move on.
cowshedphil

« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:09:37 »

You find our anger irritating and misplaced?!

Irritating: good.  I hope the irritation grows.

Misplaced: with that comment, you display your complete inability to understand the issues arising from the precedent that has been set by your 'club', and your complete ignorance of what it is to be a football fan.

As the receiver of stolen goods, you are wholly implicated in the crime.  You are providing the funds that made the theft worthwhile.  I am disgusted by your continued support of a stolen club - but your naive attempts to absolve yourself of any wrong doing turn that disgust in to mild revulsion.

Now piss off and don't come back.

Eek
dell boy

« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:13:00 »

Dell - while accepting that you just want to watch your team, the important point here is that a precedent has been set.  Next time, it could be us.

So, yes, support the club.  And if you're going on Saturday, sing a song for me.  But NEVER forget what happened in Milton Franchise.  To that extent, we should never move on.

They are the most hated side in the football league by real football supporters, trouble is there are less and less real supporters going to football matches these days.
I suppose you have to make your mind up do I support my team on saturday or protest by not going. I choose to go.

cowshedphil

« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:14:23 »

I genuinely think it will never happen again tbh - I really dont
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:17:59 »

This is sport for goodness sake, not world politics.

fine! never mind Linford your a drug cheat but lets move on and forget. Diego hand of cheat not hand of god but we'll move on and forget, steve your a shit manager but hey I'm going dutch and I'm gonna move on and forget. I think fucking not.

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Lumps

« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:25:42 »

Phil,

Whilst some of the language used on here is a bit melodramatic, Paul D knows quite well that your continued existence in no way "threatens every other club" as the rules against purchasing clubs as franchises to move around the country as you like are now fairly clear. It's a shame the footballing authorities couldn't get it together the lock the stable door before the horse bolted, especially considering the horse had been all over the papers talking about going to Cardiff or Dublin or just about anywhere with a population greater than 3 men and a dog for a year or so, but there you go, shit happens.

So we know that what was done to Wimbledon was legal, we know it wasn't done at your personal decree, we know that as far as you were concerned "it was this way when we got here", and we don't care. We don't care not because we think that without you and people like you there was some magic solution that would have given Wimbledon their club and league position back, because there wasn't and nobody believes there ever will be.

But without you and people like you what would have happened is what should have happened, that smug prat Winkelman would have been left with an empty white elephant of a stadium and would have done his money. What you and your fellow "fans" have done is reward him for doing something that most football fans find despicable.

No-one here is accusing you of murdering Wimbledon FC. You didn't point the gun or pull the trigger. All you did is help to rob the grave, but I'm afraid as long as you're wandering around wearing the deceased clothes there are some people who will always turn their backs on you when you walk in the room.

If you and your mates liked football so much then you could have found a local non-league team to support and actually done something to build them towards being a league club. Christ you could have started your own. AFC now are top of BS South, only two promotions away from the league place that your lot knicked of them. Think how much more rewarding it would have been to get your league club that way? But Milton Keynes wasn't really interested in football until you were handed league football on a plate was it? You didn't really care that much. That's why to some people on here you'll never be a real football fan.

You've got your club, you've got your nice stadium, flash Italian manager and all that goes with it, all in a couple of years and for no effort. The price that you pay for that is that most other football fans have got no time for you. That's the deal so you better get used to it.

They'll not beat you up or brick your windows in or anything, but if the Dongs ever get into financial difficulties I wouldn't expect there to be bucket collections at any other grounds.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:27:17 by Lumps » Logged
cowshedphil

« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:34:20 »

Phil,

Whilst some of the language used on here is a bit melodramatic, Paul D knows quite well that your continued existence in no way "threatens every other club" as the rules against purchasing clubs as franchises to move around the country as you like are now fairly clear. It's a shame the footballing authorities couldn't get it together the lock the stable door before the horse bolted, especially considering the horse had been all over the papers talking about going to Cardiff or Dublin or just about anywhere with a population greater than 3 men and a dog for a year or so, but there you go, shit happens.

So we know that what was done to Wimbledon was legal, we know it wasn't done at your personal decree, we know that as far as you were concerned "it was this way when we got here", and we don't care. We don't care not because we think that without you and people like you there was some magic solution that would have given Wimbledon their club and league position back, because there wasn't and nobody believes there ever will be.

But without you and people like you what would have happened is what should have happened, that smug prat Winkelman would have been left with an empty white elephant of a stadium and would have done his money. What you and your fellow "fans" have done is reward him for doing something that most football fans find despicable.

No-one here is accusing you of murdering Wimbledon FC. You didn't point the gun or pull the trigger. All you did is help to rob the grave, but I'm afraid as long as you're wandering around wearing the deceased clothes there are some people who will always turn their backs on you when you walk in the room.

If you and your mates liked football so much then you could have found a local non-league team to support and actually done something to build them towards being a league club. Christ you could have started your own. AFC now are top of BS South, only two promotions away from the league place that your lot knicked of them. Think how much more rewarding it would have been to get your league club that way? But Milton Keynes wasn't really interested in football until you were handed league football on a plate was it? You didn't really care that much. That's why to some people on here you'll never be a real football fan.

You've got your club, you've got your nice stadium, flash Italian manager and all that goes with it, all in a couple of years and for no effort. The price that you pay for that is that most other football fans have got no time for you. That's the deal so you better get used to it.

They'll not beat you up or brick your windows in or anything, but if the Dongs ever get into financial difficulties I wouldn't expect there to be bucket collections at any other grounds.

I have been taking shite for many a year because I follow MK - christ the shite I get back in Scotland for being a Celtic fan is just as bad.

But your argument and response has been the best I have ever read. And I thank you for taking the time to respond as well.

I know people will never forget - and perhaps they shouldn't. In a strange and terribly ironic way - how we came to exist in the 1st place will protect the same thing happening to the other 91 clubs.

Thanks again for your response - it is much apreciated
Lumps

« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:41:52 »

I have been taking shite for many a year because I follow MK - christ the shite I get back in Scotland for being a Celtic fan is just as bad.

But your argument and response has been the best I have ever read. And I thank you for taking the time to respond as well.

I know people will never forget - and perhaps they shouldn't. In a strange and terribly ironic way - how we came to exist in the 1st place will protect the same thing happening to the other 91 clubs.

Thanks again for your response - it is much apreciated

I've got to admit that's really not a response I was anticipating. I've never been thanked for pointing out to someone why people are always going to hate them before.

I'm slightly non-plussed..... Er thanks...I think.. Unsure
cowshedphil

« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 11:46:50 »

I've got to admit that's really not a response I was anticipating. I've never been thanked for pointing out to someone why people are always going to hate them before.

I'm slightly non-plussed..... Er thanks...I think.. Unsure

Guess it's like telling someone their breath stinks or they have BO - you don't wish to be particularly offensive but at the same time - it needs to be said Cool
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 12:00:13 »

Ha ha!!  Good last couple of posts that, well written Lumps.
Barry Scott

« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 12:39:46 »

Lumps' post almost makes me think "karma" on this forum could be a good thing. Applaud the good responses, boo the bad ones, and let others see your loved or hated status!

Nice post Lumpy.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:14:51 »

Oh a slight side note to this I have decided not to attend the game on Saturday instead Im going to listen on the radio and do some bakering a la Ben

I have printed some nice cake recipes off the net and Ive decided to make some cupcakes to take into work for my fellow lifeguards on Sunday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:16:45 »

Oh a slight side note to this I have decided not to attend the game on Saturday instead Im going to listen on the radio and do some bakering a la Ben

I have printed some nice cake recipes off the net and Ive decided to make some cupcakes to take into work for my fellow lifeguards on Sunday.

Are you feeling broody JFW ?
Lumps

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:19:27 »

What's with you and you're "slight side note"'s all of a sudden? You don't normally feel the need to apologise for dragging a thread off at a tangent, kicking and screaming? And why should you no fucker else does.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:25:05 »

ummm OK Ill consider myself told!  Embarrassed

does Ben feel broody when he bakers then?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: