Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Teachers..  (Read 14550 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:12:59 »

I hated school,was thnking about it today,can only remember one good one teacher..a Mrs Howard at Richard Jefferies who tried to encourage me,but the teacher i hated was a Mr Summers at Headlands,whos still there i think..if you didnt like rugby you were fucked basicly,he would delight in getting the strapping rugger types to poleaxe you for fun,ive tried to look back and think good things about school but i cant,truth be known i hated every minute of it!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:14:07 »

Pe teachers were the best

Things get better but they never get good
sonic youth

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:16:13 »

the best teacher i had at secondary school was the headmaster.

he commanded an instant respect and it meant he could get on with teaching, something he was also very good at. very nice bloke too.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:18:32 »

my best teacher was my english teacher, he was proper old school and had a witty put down for whenever someone tried to be clever

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:19:12 »

you learnt much from him then?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:19:24 »

apart from the wit yes

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
sonic youth

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:20:39 »

was that a god given gift, chum?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:23:10 »

allah trully loves me and wants others around to smile at the expense of a selected weaker one of the group (the ralphy's etc)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:33:06 »

There weren't many teachers i didn't like. My H.E. teacher loved me because i enjoyed cooking and was good at sewing. :fag:

My maths teacher was a teacher i wasn't keen on. She seemed to like me at times, but she used to enjoy pushing me, both to biting point and in the academic sense, she was a cunt.

I quite enjoyed school. I thought it was a fucking riot. I got kicked out before i completed my A-Levels, but i'd love to do it again and not even bother with grades and just have even more fun.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:38:52 »

my school was full of crap teachers and it wasnt untill I got to College I realised my grades should have been so much better.

Only decent teacher I ever had was my maths teacher Mrs. Britnell....

She was the type of teacher, that treated you with respect and in turn you gave her respect. Get on like that and her classroom was a fun but decent learning environment. It was much more like college, everyone adults....

Hell, at one point we had about 3 kids that had been kicked out their maths class....and came into ours, and she still taught them.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:40:58 »

Miss Bellinger- Fit english teacher, allways willing to stay at the end or class and collect the books

Sister Mary, Dappy R.E teacher but she was ace

Mr rogers at new college was top class, came in dresses as morpheus from matrix for comic releif one year.

Can think of any others at the mo
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:43:09 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

he commanded an instant respect and it meant he could get on with teaching, something he was also very good at. very nice bloke too.

We had a few teachers like that too and when I look back now I realise how much respect they did earn and how much I learned from them.

Schooling nowadays isn't like it was 7/8 years ago.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 21:51:24 »

i went to kingsdown, woop.

my DT teacher was nice, cant remember her name tho. she was well into motorsport and she was gonna take me to watch the silverstone qualifying one year with her fella, but it rained really heavily and we couldnt go Sad

my maths teacher was ace, proper sharp voice but was nice if you worked. Mr cole his name was.

mr edmundson was mental, a colourblind chemistry teacher. used to hold the litmus paper up and ask what the colour was, naturally everyone shouted the wrong ones. heused to put videos on and then fall asleep, his lab coats were really vibrant colours, he always wore the biggest kipper ties ever, he had a purple skoda favorit, and best of all, the window level with his desk was covered in tin foil, to stop the aliens reading his mind. the guy was ace, completely nuts. died of a brain tumour a few years back Sad

flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 22:10:54 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Quote from: "sonic youth"

We had a few teachers like that too and when I look back now I realise how much respect they did earn and how much I learned from them.

Schooling nowadays isn't like it was 7/8 years ago.

How do you know?  Cheesy

Commonweal was alright, there was a mix of good and bad. I was an arrogant little fucker though, especially in year 10/11. Too many years of people telling me I was clever reinforces itself after a while, makes you believe it a bit too much. Mr J (fuck knows if I can spell Jellis? properly) was pretty ace, but getting preferential treatment for being in his special top set didn't really improve my attitude. Teachers telling you that you've got the potential to do better and that you're one of the brightest blah blah... was never the right way to encourage me. It kept me in the safety zone of not trying and still getting attention for being clever, whilst risking putting effort in and maybe not succeeding seemed like a big bet for little gain in my immature short thinking mind. That sounds a little bit excusey though.

I was still an arrogant tosser at New College, but I'd grown up enough to be funnier with it. I think the only teacher I really respected there was a dude called Ned Pegler(sp? again), it helped that I ended up being in fuck loads of his classes. He was a genuinely an interesting person to listen to. Don't think he's there anymore.

I had shit loads of stuff in the Maths department there as well, what with doing maths/further maths/super maths etc. There were some characters in the Maths department at New College, but I never really got on with any of them. Was probably more my fault than there's though.

It's a shame that your most important years of intellectual development coincide with the growing up, experimenting with your personality, and acting like a bit of a twat years. Oh well, but there must be a fair bit of wasted potential out there.

It's struck me over the last few years that it's become much harder to focus on things and develop new skills; as much in starting and following things through as much as my brain not being so good. I suppose that might be because of several years of alcohol abuse. Still, I regret not doing more when things seemed easier.

Well that was a bit long. Honest though.
flammableBen

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 5, 2008, 22:22:49 »

Quote from: "bennett"
my best teacher was my english teacher, he was proper old school and had a witty put down for whenever someone tried to be clever

Mr. Cobb?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: