Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vid clips on Swindon-Town-FC  (Read 6418 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 19:35:24 »

......what a fucking treasure house  Beers

I've got a lot of old stuff, but there's a few here I'm missing, apparently there's more to come.

You've got to love the anti hooligan paint....and rucking from the 80's

The 90 march almost brought tears to my eyes....it may have been the conjunctivitis)

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MediaPlayer/ForceFrames.htm?http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MediaPlayer/MediaPlayerSelect.asp
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 19:40:51 »

That site is fucking ace !
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 19:43:56 »

Went through the turmoil of demotion saga.

Wasn't close to old enough to know what was going on then - but a really hard watch still.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 20:53:35 »

We all agree Jimmy Hill is a wanker!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 21:44:37 »

Cool hopefully there will be more videos from the prem etc onto today! Good work!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 22:01:16 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Cool hopefully there will be more videos from the prem etc onto today! Good work!

Ive got quite a bit of stuff, but recording bits from HTV news and Points West, tends to get a bit messy in terms of quality etc ...

Somewhere I've got Roger Malone's Flashback for teh Fans, probably the Don  Rogers and Lou Macari ones....which would be worth putting up.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 22:03:41 »

The only thing I definately have is all ten goals from Birmingham 4-6 Swindon (Danny Baker video from 1993).
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 07:18:37 »

brilliant - excellent addition to the site!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 08:35:39 »

I was hoping they would have a few of the older 70's and early 80's ones on there at some point too, such as the Asenal, Spurs and Wolves cup games from 79 with my interview on HTV as a 13 year old the day after the game.....blimey....me with hair! I would love to get that on there too! LMFAO

We did have quite a few games on MOTD and Soccer Special and The Big Match on ITV...games such as Home to Watford and home to Plymouth from the mid 70's.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 11:30:49 »

I could spend hours on there!

Top stuff. Look forward to seeing more stuff on there, perhaps some recent footage?
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 16:19:33 »

Hello folks

Basically - I got hold of a load of old videos covering from 1981 to 1993 - 23 hours worth of footage - I've taken a pass through them all, and uploaded most of the best bits.  The first batch of 70 clips are now available on the site - I've just uploaded the last 20 from 1991 through to Hoddle leaving in 1993.

Over the coming weeks, I'll be digging out some of my other videos to take some more clips - mostly from 1993/94 up to 2000, but some older stuff as well - I think I have the Arsenal cup game somewhere, but not the Wolves semi-final.... I do have two (cheesy) episodes of "Flashback for the Fans", but they're both thirty minutes long, and YouTube only accepts a max of 10 mins. I'll do the 2-2 draw with Man Utd, the Coke Cup run to the semi-finals, the first ever showing on MOTD in 1963, and a few other bits.

So.... if anyone has gone any footage that they are willing to share, PLEASE contact me, and I'll do what I can to get it on the site.  Not too sure about more recent footage, as the club are providing this service with STFC World.

Cheers.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 17:15:51 »

Which 2 episodes of FBFTF do you have....I know I've got Rogers and Macari, but seem to remember Erine Hunt was done  and maybe John Trollope (not sure)

I'd love to see again  66/67 beating West Ham 3-1....I recall getting back from the match and highlights being on Sportsnight with Coleman.  Don't suppose it exists anywhere now though.

Another curio....a mate told me about is he reckons they showed STFC v Sampdoria, or part of on Grandstand in 71.....I guess the home game when we mullered the Genoese 4-1.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 17:34:29 »

I went to bed way too late watching these last night, absolutely superb, bought back lots of memories, the best bit is still the Stoke fans going crazy at our 5th and 6th!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 17:42:41 »

Quote from: "suttonred"
I went to bed way too late watching these last night, absolutely superb, bought back lots of memories, the best bit is still the Stoke fans going crazy at our 5th and 6th!

I was loving the 3-0 win at Bristhole City.  I was out of the country at the time....it was around Easter hols....and have never seen anything from that game.

The 2 Shitheads singing is classic....fair play to them.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 17:52:02 »

i.ve yust spent the best hour of my washed out week off watching those video gems ..thanks Beers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: