Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vid clips on Swindon-Town-FC  (Read 6417 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 22:30:44 »

I think I may have to build an altar in the garden!
flammableBen

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 22:38:33 »

I've build many an altar in my time. The key is a strong base/support for the sacrificing. Depending on the sacrificial method it can be handy to have it slanting slightly with a slight gutter and drain hidden at the back. Collect that tasty sacrificial blood.

Hope that helps.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 07:27:31 »

Quote from: "Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk"
Sorry.... been away for a couple of days.

To answer some of the questions:
- Flashback for the Fans: I've got the Don Rogers one (cringeworthy watching Don reply with one word answers to Bobbin' Roger's questions), and the 1969 twenty year anniversary one with the whole team.
- Next on the list to go up are.... 1968 Southport (first appearance on MOTD), 69 cup final goals, 1976 Palace (away), 1977 Everton (home), Paul Rideout being sold, 7-0 vs Kettering, Dagenham (!) and 2nd leg of Palace play-off in 89 - these will probably be over the weekend sometime
-  Then I've got a load of videos that need converting to DVD before I can do anything with them, so that's going to take a bit longer.... the Coke Cup run, Man Utd & Spurs in the Prem, Brighton play-offs etc etc

Donkey - would be great to have the "selling Fjortoft" video up there - could you drop me a note on richard@swindon-town-fc.co.uk?   If anyone else has any clips, I'd definitely be interested - especially the Wolves League Cup semi, Danny Invincibile's goal against Peterborough, relegation in 2000, the financial problems last season.... anything really!

Thanks.

I think I speak for everyone on here when I say keep up the good work mate, your website is a credit to the club, and I know it keeps a lot of Town fans informed and entertained.

Brilliant stuff!!!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 08:09:06 »

Has anyone got the clip of Ben being interviewed by the media at the protests?   Cheesy
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 08:29:48 »

Well done REG....good to see all that stuff.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, June 1, 2008, 19:07:19 »

Just been watching some more of those clips, bringing back so many memories and things i had forgotten completely!

The clips with Lou being sacked and then re-instated. I remember the game against Southend on the Saturday very vividly (or so i thought) as a few minutes into the match Lou came into the North stand and sat 4 rows behind me, the whole ground applauded him.

Nice to see the goals again, although the 2nd goal by Colin Gordon was nothing like i remember it. And i don't remember people going onto the pitch either, strange as i have a sad anal memory for things like that.

Top man Richard, i enjoyed the 7 goals at Kettering as well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, June 1, 2008, 20:59:06 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
Just been watching some more of those clips, bringing back so many memories and things i had forgotten completely!

The clips with Lou being sacked and then re-instated. I remember the game against Southend on the Saturday very vividly (or so i thought) as a few minutes into the match Lou came into the North stand and sat 4 rows behind me, the whole ground applauded him.

Nice to see the goals again, although the 2nd goal by Colin Gordon was nothing like i remember it. And i don't remember people going onto the pitch either, strange as i have a sad anal memory for things like that.

Top man Richard, i enjoyed the 7 goals at Kettering as well.

That game home to Sarfend was one of the best atmospheres I have ever heard in the Town End and there was around 3,000 there day!

As for Kettering...I was stood right behind the goal that day in the tin pot shed being abused by the Norfamton fans!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 14:22:04 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Which 2 episodes of FBFTF do you have....I know I've got Rogers and Macari, but seem to remember Erine Hunt was done  and maybe John Trollope (not sure)

I'd love to see again  66/67 beating West Ham 3-1....I recall getting back from the match and highlights being on Sportsnight with Coleman.  Don't suppose it exists anywhere now though.

Another curio....a mate told me about is he reckons they showed STFC v Sampdoria, or part of on Grandstand in 71.....I guess the home game when we mullered the Genoese 4-1.

I remember watching that game on Grandstand-it was the away game in Sampdoria which we won 2-1 I think and missed out on a final place by one goal-points were awarded for every goal scored and I think Blackpool pipped us for a final spot

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 16:33:34 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Which 2 episodes of FBFTF do you have....I know I've got Rogers and Macari, but seem to remember Erine Hunt was done  and maybe John Trollope (not sure)

I'd love to see again  66/67 beating West Ham 3-1....I recall getting back from the match and highlights being on Sportsnight with Coleman.  Don't suppose it exists anywhere now though.

Another curio....a mate told me about is he reckons they showed STFC v Sampdoria, or part of on Grandstand in 71.....I guess the home game when we mullered the Genoese 4-1.

I remember watching that game on Grandstand-it was the away game in Sampdoria which we won 2-1 I think and missed out on a final place by one goal-points were awarded for every goal scored and I think Blackpool pipped us for a final spot

You're the first person I've heard confirm this.....not that I doubted my ,mate.  I don't suppose it exists now...although you never know...the Beeb archive must be fantastic.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 17:34:24 »

I'm pretty sure,thinking about it,that they showed just the second half,but it was live and Peter Noble definitely scored

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 18:14:10 »

That's incredible - didn't know that existed.  I've had read on the ITN archive website (www.itnsource.com) that they have a clip of the Anglo Italian final against Napoli from the season before, but it only mentions the rioting, not the game itself - it cost a fortune, and wasn't available for private purchase - though looking at their site now, it seems to have changed, so I'll investigate that again.

I've had a few offers from people who are going to send me more footage - I think my next step will be to get together a list of what I have, plus a list of what may be available.... hopefully there is someone out there will be able to fill in some of the gaps!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 19:07:32 »

That's incredible - didn't know that existed.  I've had read on the ITN archive website (www.itnsource.com) that they have a clip of the Anglo Italian final against Napoli from the season before, but it only mentions the rioting, not the game itself - it cost a fortune, and wasn't available for private purchase - though looking at their site now, it seems to have changed, so I'll investigate that again.

I've had a few offers from people who are going to send me more footage - I think my next step will be to get together a list of what I have, plus a list of what may be available.... hopefully there is someone out there will be able to fill in some of the gaps!

Going back to that West Ham game I mentioned.....David Coleman refers to it in his commentary v Southport....if it existed it would be great as WHU had Moore Hurst and Peters, and it was just after England won the WC.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 19:15:28 »

How about audio? I've got the full 1969 final commentary on an album, although I haven't got any equipment to transfer it, I'm sure I can get it done and forward if you're interested?
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 19:23:35 »

Cheers suttonred - I've got the same album somewhere, but haven't yet got around to transferring it to the PC.... in fact, I don't even think I've played it yet. I've got a record player in the roof somewhere, but not entirely certain how to get it across to the PC - if you do work it out, please let me know!

There are a couple of bits of audio from GWR on the site from the 1986 and 1987 seasons - they're in the Achievements section if you haven't yet heard them - they're about an hour each.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 19:41:43 »

small bit of software and a Y cable, job done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: