Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: if someones drives....  (Read 3398 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:38:26 »

....into the back of you they cant possibly dispute the claim can they?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:39:03 »

What's happened?  Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:41:25 »

They could say you were reversing really fast.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:41:46 »

not unless you did something silly like jump into their lane at a slower speed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:41:52 »

I think its rather obvious.

A work mate was following me and went into the back of me months ago.

Gone through the insurance company (who are fucking shit, not renewing with these total bastard cunts) anyway.....

About 2 weeks ago got a letter saying they were processing the claim (made months ago) and I asked what was taking so long.

Basically the other people involved in the accident car owner and driver (two different people) have just been ignoring the letters calls from my and their insurance company

Anyway letter through today saying the driver is disputing its his fault.
flammableBen

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:42:08 »

Or you broke suddenly for no reason.

I would have thought that someone driving into the side of your car would be less disputable. Unless you have a car which can go sideways.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:42:52 »

I indicated and put my breaks on to make the turning.

nothing illegal or stupid in that! he obviously wasnt far enough back.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:44:43 »

DV as much as we slate him pm Gazzas Fat ate he is kinda shit hot at these things.

A lady went into my car in a car park, I wasnt in it, she wanted to pay cash but I went through my insureres who are shit (swift cover) they said shes disputing it I had to pay, I said my solicitor was involved and they have now paid out for a back end

Seriously you need to fight this

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:47:52 »

to be honest, its difficult because i know the person but when it fucking happened the first thing he said was it was his fault.

No he is disputing it after ignoring it for months. If I end up losing my excess and my no claims and having my insurance cost go up I will be fucking livid more so than I am now.

He's a good mate, but I'm ready to kick his fucking head in right now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 12:50:08 »

A few years back a stupid bint drove into the back of me....there was minimal damage to my motor and maybe a broken lens on hers.

It was her fault and I just said...forget it no harm done....now said bint worked for a firm of solicitors....and she decided to pursue me for the cost of a new lamp unit.  What a bunch of cunts...it was one of these where despite seething about it,  getting involved in litigation even if successful was going to be more costly than just paying up.

Sad
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 13:10:17 »

DV is this car yellow by any chance?

honestly, if you slowed down for a junction and indicated you were turning, then there really is no grounds for him. you'll be fine.

officially blacker than the night.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 13:10:45 »

if he's a good mate and says it wasn't his fault then maybe it wasn't?
if its his fault he aint the good mate you think he is.
not long after i passed i went up the back of someone.just apologised and let the insurers get on with it.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 13:17:37 »

i reversed into someone in a petrol station once and said it wasn't my fault when it was.

i'm a bad person.

officially blacker than the night.
Barry Scott

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 13:41:07 »

I think that if you're hit from behind it's 99% of the time the person behind's fault. If you read the highway code and leave enough distance, it shouldn't matter how hard they brake or whether you signal, because they will have time to react.

I went into the back of someone on a roundabout once, in many ways i'd say it was her fault, but when you look at it objectively it was mine, although she certainly was a major factor. There was a gap in the roundabout, she pulled out, i checked right, jumped on the gas, only to face forwards and find she had changed her mind and stopped. On the Roundabout! Crash... She never made a claim either, i've been lucky like that, i even went into the back of a mint Merc in Landan and saw no claim. He was a fucking cock though and kinda caused it by cutting me up, which is possibly the exception.
Sussex

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 14:07:42 »

Quote from: "DV"
....into the back of you they cant possibly dispute the claim can they?

Were you changing lanes at the time? That's what I thought when it happened to me. 'Lane priority' is what they'll get off it with, even if the chav cunt was swigging a can of Stella and passed a breath test!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: