Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: if someones drives....  (Read 3402 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 14:26:07 »

one lane road....
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 15:14:21 »

If he was following you he should have maintained a safe stopping distance. Braking suddenly would make no difference. If you swerved into his lane, then things would be a bit different.

Its also worth noting that mate or not, if he said 'sorry' he admitted liability at the scene, which you really should tell your insurers if you haven't already.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 16:24:23 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
There was a gap in the roundabout, she pulled out, i checked right, jumped on the gas, only to face forwards and find she had changed her mind and stopped. On the Roundabout! Crash...

I did exactly the same a couple of years ago. Was only 18 at the time so paid cash in hand to the other bloke to avoid my insurance going through the roof.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 17:37:09 »

Taxi's out here (And no doubt all over the world) have a habit of braking too sharply when they see a potential fare at the side of the road.

I have had to react quickly on many an occassion, and as a result so has the driver(s) behind me. But I have not had an accident yet (Touches wood).

Likely he was not paying attention/going too fast/too close: = his fault.
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 17:43:39 »

insurance probably just stalling so dont sweat it, they'll find in favour of you eventually...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 18:09:05 »

Quote from: "strooood"
i reversed into someone in a petrol station once and said it wasn't my fault when it was.

i'm a bad person.

No 1 rule. Never accept blame, even if you think it was your fault.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 23:27:56 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
i reversed into someone in a petrol station once and said it wasn't my fault when it was.

i'm a bad person.

Bollocks if it's your fault then it's your fault.  I hate that kind of attitude man, that's why you're insured.  I had a crash once and it was defo my fault I got out the car went up to her and admitted responsibility gave her my details and that was it, insurance took care of the rest.  I wouldn;t want to ry  and get out of it if it was my fault.  

As for the if someone hits you from behind pretty much in 99.9999% of the time you'll be fine.  You could drive along a road and slam on your brakes for no reason and if the geezer or geezeress went into the back of you then yu are in the right.  You could brake because you saw a ghost and still you'd be in the right, so don't worry about it, you'll be a-okay!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 25, 2008, 00:56:37 »

whey!!!!!!

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 25, 2008, 23:39:41 »

Dave is the most awsomest drunk in the world ever
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 26, 2008, 23:56:46 »

Quote from: "janaage"

i'm a bad person.

Bollocks if it's your fault then it's your fault.  I hate that kind of attitude man, that's why you're insured.  I had a crash once and it was defo my fault I got out the car went up to her and admitted responsibility gave her my details and that was it, insurance took care of the rest.  I wouldn;t want to ry  and get out of it if it was my fault.  

As for the if someone hits you from behind pretty much in 99.9999% of the time you'll be fine.  You could drive along a road and slam on your brakes for no reason and if the geezer or geezeress went into the back of you then yu are in the right.  You could brake because you saw a ghost and still you'd be in the right, so don't worry about it, you'll be a-okay!

ALL insurance companies tell you never to admit to blame. fact of life unfortunately.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 07:23:59 »

Quote from: "janaage"

i'm a bad person.

ALL insurance companies tell you never to admit to blame. fact of life unfortunately.

I couldn't give a shit what car insurance companies tell you to do.  If I have gone into someone and it was my fault the first thing I'd do is get out of my car and tell the person, don't worry, it was my fault, I'm fully insured here's my details.  That way the person who's day I have just ruined will not feel as bad and nor will I.

Which is what happen about 5 years ago when I hit someone (another car) going home from work.  Insurance took care of it, no bother!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 08:06:13 »

I've had three accidents. All involved me hitting the car in front. Two of which ended up as write-offs.

Apart from me driving, guess what the other contributing factor in each incident was?

The car in front, on every occassion, was driven (Badly) by a bint.

Whilst I must accept some responsibility, if the dozy mares didn't slam their brakes on for no apparent reason, the collisions would have been averted.

And I wouldn't have ended up losing my no claims...............

It's All Good..............
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 08:22:37 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I've had three accidents. All involved me hitting the car in front. Two of which ended up as write-offs.

Apart from me driving, guess what the other contributing factor in each incident was?

The car in front, on every occassion, was driven (Badly) by a bint.

Whilst I must accept some responsibility, if the dozy mares didn't slam their brakes on for no apparent reason, the collisions would have been averted.

And I wouldn't have ended up losing my no claims...............
Or you could have been driving at a safe distance so if they did break suddenly you would have had time to stop :?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 08:35:18 »

I never thought of that.

Good point, well made.

It's All Good..............
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 27, 2008, 08:50:41 »

When I drive, I assume everyone else on the road is a fucking retard. People have an annoying habit of doing really stupid things when they get behind the wheel and I dont intend to be a statistic due to someone elses stupidity.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: